Blower issue at shop please advise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Blower issue at shop please advise

Well we all know my vortech had issues was throwing cam shaft and now a low oil pressure code . It's sitting at sutton performance and they want to pull apart front of engine to check everything . In labor only is like 1200 bucks which I don't have . They said if I submit it to ford and appraiser comes out I'm screwed as the blower is on. If they don't come out power train warranty should cover the bill on engine work. I think I'm going to take blower off and sell it this has been a night mare and for a camshaft to go out at 40k miles redicolous . Help me blower will be for sale prob with in hr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'll give you a grand. Lol
Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Take the blower off and all of your mods, go down the street to a dealership and trade the car in for a 2014. It's as easy as that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Take the blower off and all of your mods, go down the street to a dealership and trade the car in for a 2014. It's as easy as that.
Trust me ran across my mind only owe 10 on it haha blower is worth at least 4500 lol and Guna try to sell it locally .. But 40k and having engine issues may go get a Vette lmao
Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Who installed the blower?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Who installed the blower?
I did but didn't touch anything internally nor really messed with any wires was literally a bolt on
Old 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post

Trust me ran across my mind only owe 10 on it haha blower is worth at least 4500 lol and Guna try to sell it locally .. But 40k and having engine issues may go get a Vette lmao
You're not getting $4500 for a used vortech kit that has never worked right from day one.
This is why you leave this stuff to the professionals. I'm all for mechanically inclined people trying their hands at stuff, but when it comes to installing a supercharger and then running said blower on a canned vortech tune. Hard I might add, remember when you said how awesome it was an how much power it's making, I believe the words were "it throws you back in your seat and you can't even lean forward". Something like that.
And then shortly after you found out it was not running right and only making 470ish Rwhp. I think.
If you've never installed one, or helped install one, or even seen one installed, pay they extra money to have it installed by someone who has the experience doing it and backs their work. Ask if you can watch, help, or something.
And I would never under any circumstance run my newly installed SC on the canned tune. I know there has been success with them so flame on. But the smart move if you're doing the install is to have it towed, when completed, to the shop who you have lined up to check everything and write you a custom dyno tune.
Look at the predicament your in now. You could potentially have to pay more out of pocket for repairs and reinstalling and then tuning them what it would have cost in the first place, for what? Bragging rights? Now you want to cry about it and almost blame the vortech. This my friend, is all your fault. Maybe you'd be much more comfortable with a bow tie in front of you and one cam to worry about not four. Remember, strength comes in numbers, and there is a replacement for displacement, it's called a driver mod.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

You're not getting $4500 for a used vortech kit that has never worked right from day one.
This is why you leave this stuff to the professionals. I'm all for mechanically inclined people trying their hands at stuff, but when it comes to installing a supercharger and then running said blower on a canned vortech tune. Hard I might add, remember when you said how awesome it was an how much power it's making, I believe the words were "it throws you back in your seat and you can't even lean forward". Something like that.
And then shortly after you found out it was not running right and only making 470ish Rwhp. I think.
If you've never installed one, or helped install one, or even seen one installed, pay they extra money to have it installed by someone who has the experience doing it and backs their work. Ask if you can watch, help, or something.
And I would never under any circumstance run my newly installed SC on the canned tune. I know there has been success with them so flame on. But the smart move if you're doing the install is to have it towed, when completed, to the shop who you have lined up to check everything and write you a custom dyno tune.
Look at the predicament your in now. You could potentially have to pay more out of pocket for repairs and reinstalling and then tuning them what it would have cost in the first place, for what? Bragging rights? Now you want to cry about it and almost blame the vortech. This my friend, is all your fault. Maybe you'd be much more comfortable with a bow tie in front of you and one cam to worry about not four. Remember, strength comes in numbers, and there is a replacement for displacement, it's called a driver mod.
Haha way be a dick while ur at it go choke on a few
Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha way be a dick while ur at it go choke on a few
That's not very nice.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Just because I have a thick skin doesn't mean I can't throw it back just kick a man when he's down . Well Guna pick it up return it to stock and take it back and power train will cover it they say . But no one really knows what the damn issue is lol . Hopefully going to stock is easier then install lol fml
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just because I have a thick skin doesn't mean I can't throw it back just kick a man when he's down . Well Guna pick it up return it to stock and take it back and power train will cover it they say . But no one really knows what the damn issue is lol . Hopefully going to stock is easier then install lol fml
You definitely threw it back. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the pain and anguish you caused me.
So Mr. Thick Skin, when you take it to the dealer to utilize your power train warranty and the dealer is then required by ford to scan the PCM before they sign off on any kind of serious engine work and it turns up it was tuned, then what? Is Officer Thick Skin the upholder of truth and justice going to stand before them and lie? And if by some chance they can tell there was FI at play, is Sgt. Thick Skin a Public Servant of the community, sworn to protect and serve, going to bend the truth and tell a tall tale? You bet he his, this pig is no different then the people he puts in handcuffs. The only thing that separates you and the citizens you look down upon is your badge. So call me a dick, but at least I'm not stupid.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Pass the popcorn..
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Personally, I don't really care about the blower problems....or what the OP does about it....just curious how this went from a blower, engine or whatever problem that it was to the comments that were made in regards to the OP's profession....not sure that was appropriate or called for, but then again don't know the OP or the person who responded....I am however in law enforcement and it has nothing to do with my love for cars.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'm skipping the popcorn and going straight for the beer. Lol
Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

You definitely threw it back. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the pain and anguish you caused me.
So Mr. Thick Skin, when you take it to the dealer to utilize your power train warranty and the dealer is then required by ford to scan the PCM before they sign off on any kind of serious engine work and it turns up it was tuned, then what? Is Officer Thick Skin the upholder of truth and justice going to stand before them and lie? And if by some chance they can tell there was FI at play, is Sgt. Thick Skin a Public Servant of the community, sworn to protect and serve, going to bend the truth and tell a tall tale? You bet he his, this pig is no different then the people he puts in handcuffs. The only thing that separates you and the citizens you look down upon is your badge. So call me a dick, but at least I'm not stupid.
You seriously need to be banned. That's probably one of the most immature and senseless posts I've seen on here.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1651 View Post
I am however in law enforcement and it has nothing to do with my love for cars.
Same here, we're not all bad guys all the time...just occasionally
Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Did you install an aftermarket clutch? I know that if you change the flywheel it is recommended to have a reset done at the dealer.
I would do a compression test on all cylinders, check all plugs, check oil for metal flakes.

There are a lot of things you can check yourself before pulling off the blower and trying to play dumb about the tune. I don't think you are going to get the work down on fords dime, they will check the pcm and see that you had a tune, and void your warranty. I installed my paxton myself, I run a lund tune and did not get on the gas until Lund told me I could and the first time I got into boost was on a data log for them. You learn from your mistakes and move on, if that means trade your car in and get into something else that is your call. If my motor went today, I would be building it up, pulley down, add meth and make 800whp. I knew when I did my Paxton that I would be building the motor at some point.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

For cam code check harness connection behind driver side head, toward windshield. I threw a code like that and turned out the connection was loose. Was told it was prob done during blower install. That solved mine.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

You seriously need to be banned. That's probably one of the most immature and senseless posts I've seen on here.
+1 here.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I'm skipping the popcorn and going straight for the beer. Lol
Toss me one to lol
Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Well my issue is that at 40k nothing should be going wrong internally . As far as his comment its cool just happy he talks like that on Internet and not anywhere with in arms reach of me. Some people like to be tough guys when's people have problems . And from my understanding flashing to stock and driving 50+ miles clears pcm
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
STOP IT! I will close this and infractions will be issued!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
STOP IT! I will close this and infractions will be issued!
? I didn't do anything wrong kind sir was just looking for advice
Old 07-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Trying to pm you moto. Clear some crap out
Old 07-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3670361336.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	121354

Connection right there kiddy corner to top right most driver side head bolt.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

That's a hard little bugger to see maybe il have them check it before I leave dealer thanks man wish I could go break into garage there and c lol
Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Powertrain will not cover it. They can tell if you have tuned it and you have. Warranty gone. If I was you I would trade it for a bowtie so we don't have to hear you gripe anymore happy hunting
Old 07-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

My bad cleared it out I keep it full so I can't get infractions d
Old 07-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #29
DVR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Just trying to understand- you actually think ford should pay to fix your motor? When you do mods as you described you "become your own warranty station." I'm not trying to be a dik but really, man up and deal with it. If you can't afford a $1200 repair bill you couldn't afford the risk of adding a supercharger.
My 2014 has 85 miles on it. I've thought about adding a supercharger and I am fully aware of the risks involved.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Powertrain will not cover it. They can tell if you have tuned it and you have. Warranty gone. If I was you I would trade it for a bowtie so we don't have to hear you gripe anymore happy hunting
From my understanding if I return it to stock and drive 50 miles or so doesn't it clear PCM? Also he said sometimes the appraiser doesn't even come and they just do it via phone lol
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Damn this sucks moto. If you trade, trade to a used z06 vette. Or a new 14 5.0.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1651 View Post
Personally, I don't really care about the blower problems....or what the OP does about it....just curious how this went from a blower, engine or whatever problem that it was to the comments that were made in regards to the OP's profession....not sure that was appropriate or called for, but then again don't know the OP or the person who responded....I am however in law enforcement and it has nothing to do with my love for cars.
I see a boss what options you have? And of course serial number
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

But the damage done wasn't caused by the freakin blower this is coming from a ford high performance tech
Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #34
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

From my understanding if I return it to stock and drive 50 miles or so doesn't it clear PCM? Also he said sometimes the appraiser doesn't even come and they just do it via phone lol
So basically you're trying to hide your mods from ford and want your warranty you voided by installing aftermarket parts on your car to be paid for by ford?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Well i only owe 10 on it and trade in is at 24 so ive thought about it lol used 06 Vette but winter here sucks so idk just dumbstruck been bad months

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Power train is 100k so if you add a cai and at 40k a rod shoots through your engine you Guna pay for it ?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT