'12 GT Advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
'12 GT Advice

I have two issues I would like to seek the forum's advice on:

1. How can I make it so that my Halos are always on similar to the LED strips on '13+ Stangs. Will I need some sort of running light mod?

2. How can I get the turn signals only to turn on when the turn signal is activated, also like the '13+ Stangs. I am looking to add these bulbs:
AMBER V3 TRITON LED SYSTEM | 1 PAIR and I am hoping that the load resistor will solve this issue for me but still advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for those of you who can help!

Regards,

-Ben
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I dont have an answer for you but I have seen this discussed a couple of times before, run a search for day time running lamps and you should find what your looking for.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Are you running aftermarket headlights with a halo in them? Or am I thinking of something else? And where does it say that the bulb in that link you posted does that? It just looks like a very bright led, and if that's what it is, I wouldn't pay almost $100 for it. Are you looking to have the turn signal lights off and only activate when you signal, or do you want them to be white when running and only blink amber when you signal? I'd try superbrightleds.com they may have something you're looking for at a cheaper price.
fastfoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfoal View Post
Are you running aftermarket headlights with a halo in them? Or am I thinking of something else? And where does it say that the bulb in that link you posted does that? It just looks like a very bright led, and if that's what it is, I wouldn't pay almost $100 for it. Are you looking to have the turn signal lights off and only activate when you signal, or do you want them to be white when running and only blink amber when you signal? I'd try superbrightleds.com they may have something you're looking for at a cheaper price.
First thing first, I did forget to mention that I have OEM HID projector headlights. I also have a separate Halo kit designed for said lights.

The turn signal I only want on when I'm signaling (activated). I'm set on the bulb because of it's universal use, high light output and my superb experience with the company the past 3 and a half years. It has a built in load resistor as well. I am only planning to run Amber not a switchback as you described. It'll take away from the effect of the halos.

I guess what I am trying to ascertain is if the load resistor is enough if I went with a single filament version of the adapter versus the dual filament of the adapter i.e. (3156 instead of 3157) to get the effect I'm looking for, at least in theory. I'm going to call vled tomorrow for their opinion as well but wanted to reach out to this community as well had anyone done something similar or to help others with similar plans.

Thanks for the responses thus far and to all future responders.

Regards,

-Ben
Old 08-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, gotcha. How does that look? I'd love to see pics of your headlights. I saw your ad in the classifieds too so I know you have good taste! lol. I'm thinking of the switchbacks for mine, but I'd be interested in seeing how your current setup looks.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well as soon as it is all complete I will be most definitely be posting pics. I can show you an example. But as for right now, my project has been pushed back due to a ton of vandalism I am still trying to get repaired. (Crap Wad Insurance Company) has been dragging their feet. But I have a LOT in store major upgrade pics coming in next two weeks I am hoping!! Fingers crossed. Thanks for the compliment too! Halos should be pictured below! It's shown on a GT500 because that's the kit I purchased to go with my new GT500 Bumper!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yhst-59923783762737_2265_155181212.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	121652  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not a fan of halos that aren't OEM but that looks really realy good. I want to do their GT500 conversion but $3K is steep.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfoal View Post
I'm not a fan of halos that aren't OEM but that looks really realy good. I want to do their GT500 conversion but $3K is steep.
Mine was priced out at $2400, with my hood of choice (not a GT500 Hood) but I utilized my Ford employee pricing...minus paint, which has yet to be done... So I can see $3k+ there. I am doing the most of it under an insurance claim so I may be a little lucky in that regard but to me, I will pay for what I want to make my car my dream car. This car is second only to my son in importance so I like to make it really nice and unique as possible within my styling ideals.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT