Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hood decision?

9K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Mooncricket 
#1 ·
I am in between the black mamba hood and the tiger racing. Which do you guys like more?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The problem I am having is that to me the SS looks better but the tiger is more functional in cooling, down force and heat extraction. Idk if I want the looks or functionality.
Does the SS look more for a drag car or is that just me????

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

This was posted in another thread and to me its better than both of those! Love it!

[/QUOTE]

That could be an option! Have u seen it in person? Is it true that most cervini hoods have imperfections on the fiberglass???

#5 ·
Is the car a daily driver? If so i would stay away from the tiger racing hood, even though i love the look.

#14 ·
That could be an option! Have u seen it in person? Is it true that most cervini hoods have imperfections on the fiberglass???[/QUOTE]

I havent seen one in person, but the hood scoop is functional, so that's a plus.. but as the imperfections on their hoods I'm not sure, I haven't heard that before. But I havent done a lot of research on it, that could be true. It just looks mean as hell to me. I'd buy it if I had the money. But the tiger hood would be my second choice! Either way your cars gonna look sick bro!

#21 ·
Tiger, Hands down.

#27 · (Edited)
what I got.

This is what I have and I'm in Michigan where it snows and rains a lot the hood has built in water channels that make the water run down the sides to the back where it goes out. I also Powder coated the aluminum louvers on the top of the hood red. If I had to do it again I'd do the Cervini's STALKER hood, that thing is bad ass.

Attachments

#28 ·
This is what I have and I'm in Michigan where it snows and rains a lot the hood has built in water channels that make the water run down the sides to the back where it goes out. I also Powder coated the aluminum louvers on the top of the hood red. If I had to do it again I'd do the Cervini's STALKER hood, that thing is bad ass.
Speaking of the stalker hood, is it the same height as the stock hood?
Or does it have a little raise to it?

And congrats on the hood!
Looks awesome!!

#30 ·
This is a TRUE Ram Air hood that is avail in fiberglass or CF. Sick looking setup for keeping the front looking like a '13 and not the hood of a '12.

Here is how the ram air works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.