1pc Aluminum Driveshaft Options - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
You can't change your pinion angle with a fixed UCA which was what I had because I had no intention of changing out my DS, so I didn't feel the need. Now it's a nice shiny red paperweight lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Are you selling them? Lol.. I thought I'm don't with modding. Maybe not

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
The stock UCA has no adjustment possible........have you measured you pinion angle?
I'm running a Shaftmasters also and have an adjustable UCA. I set mine for 0.05 degrees negative........I have also preloaded the chassis with the adjustable LCA's..........something I don't recommend unless you have worked on chassis before.
Sorry man I don't even know how to measure my pinion angle.. I wish I know though. Do you have any tips?

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Sorry man I don't even know how to measure my pinion angle.. I wish I know though. Do you have any tips?

The pinion angle needs to be measure when the car is resting on all four tires, they call this "loaded suspension". It works best on a 4 post lift.
This will give you an idea of how to find the angle and if you have an iPhone the app is cheap and easy to use.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I suppose I could. It's only the one UCA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440184502.424686.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	189811

And there's an app to measure you're pinion angle. I believe it's called Tremec something or other...

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 02:20 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I suppose I could. It's only the one UCA.

Attachment 189811

And there's an app to measure you're pinion angle. I believe it's called Tremec something or other...

How much?

Old 08-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How much?

75$? Where are you located? I'd have to check shipping.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:58 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
75$? Where are you located? I'd have to check shipping.

Hey I live in mass, will you help me install it? Lol..

Old 08-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey I live in mass, will you help me install it? Lol..

Lol oh nice! I'm in western MA. I'd love to bud, but I barely have enough time to work on my own car. I have parts laying around waiting to be installed lol. It's not that bad if you can get the instructions offline.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Just replacing the UCA is pretty straight forward. The only issue is that you need to jack the rear of the car up as high as you can, and support the body..not the rearend as it needs to hang down to give you clearance to get the carrier bushing bolt out. You also need to take the bottom of the rear seat out of the car to access the bolt for the UCA.
You need to know is what your pinion angle is before you install the UCA.........this is important!
Also, when you replace the UCA you should really replace the carrier bushing also.
BMR has the best Poly bushing design or you could buy the GT500 bushing which is better than the stock bushing you have in there now.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol oh nice! I'm in western MA. I'd love to bud, but I barely have enough time to work on my own car. I have parts laying around waiting to be installed lol. It's not that bad if you can get the instructions offline.

I saw it online, let me see if my shop can do it for me, just don't wanna miss with it specially when it comes to geometry of the car I'll get back to you. Thanks man.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I saw it online, let me see if my shop can do it for me, just don't wanna miss with it specially when it comes to geometry of the car I'll get back to you. Thanks man.

Yeah let me know man. It's literally just sitting around, I think it was on the car for a total of maybe 3k miles?

Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah let me know man. It's literally just sitting around, I think it was on the car for a total of maybe 3k miles?

Why did you take it off if you don't mind me asking? Did you by any chance went to American muscle show? I thought I saw your car at the hotel I stayed at and there was a group of mass guys in the hotel and I saw that looks like your car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440199373093.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	189824  
Old 08-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why did you take it off if you don't mind me asking? Did you by any chance went to American muscle show? I thought I saw your car at the hotel I stayed at and there was a group of mass guys in the hotel and I saw that looks like your car.

I took it off only to replace it with the adjustable piece because I didn't want to take any chances of the pinion angle being way off with the DS. Nope, unfortunately I didn't make it down. Should've snapped a pic!

Old 08-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I took it off only to replace it with the adjustable piece because I didn't want to take any chances of the pinion angle being way off with the DS. Nope, unfortunately I didn't make it down. Should've snapped a pic!

Thanks man I'll get back to you on this, I will have my driveshaft installed tomorrow and I will have them check my pinion angle.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks man I'll get back to you on this, I will have my driveshaft installed tomorrow and I will have them check my pinion angle.

Ok man, sounds good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT