Pypes Axle Back Custom Cut! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
Pypes Axle Back Custom Cut!

Luv the sound of my Pypes axle back but man I can't look at it long enough. Finally had a chance to custom cut them from my favorite Speed Shop who specializes on all exhausts. They are located here in my backyard at Dawson road here in NoVA.

Before:

After:

I will not just do this if I bought the Pypes separately but it was already in the car when I bought it. The shop said, it was a beyeatch to remove the black powder coating in order to properly weld it back. Brackets were relocated and repainted with high temp paint.

Sound got a bit quieter because I've installed a custom 2 1/2" H-Pipe also. I will take photo of that as soon as I get a chance.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That looks much better. They really stuck out a lot.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
That looks much better. They really stuck out a lot.
Yup! Thanks man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Looks much better man! Where in NOVA are you?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Looks much better man! Where in NOVA are you?
(W)Hoodbridge.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncoolron View Post

(W)Hoodbridge.
Lol no kidding man. I live in leesburg, but work in Woodbridge. Right before you hit 95 on PW parkway.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 08-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Lol no kidding man. I live in leesburg, but work in Woodbridge. Right before you hit 95 on PW parkway.
I see. I like hanging out at Starbucks next to Chic- Fil-A. Also I go to Katie's cars & coffee, Burger King's muscle car meet, and Fair Oaks cars & coffee.

Maybe I'll see you in one of those.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hell yeah man ill check it out sometime. Not to many fellow coyotes in this area.... Atleast not people who bought them for the reason we did anyway haha.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #9

Update: Got a chance to drive the car more today and noticed that even though the exhaust sound got a bit quieter on idle, the sound got rounder or bass sound is louder on higher RPMs if that makes any sense. With that comes a more noticeable drone now in the cabin at around 1800-2000 RPM. The exhaust tips closer to rear balance now, I guess that helps with the increased drone.

With the custom 2 1/2" H pipe on, she sounds meaner on higher RPMs as supposed to meaner idle sound with OEM H pipe. Over all, still love the sound of an evil V8!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT