2014 Track Package Recaros - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2014 Track Package Recaros

I wasn't able to grab a Mustang with the Recaro's with the deal. I see many places that sell them for $3k but they are only a $1600 option from Ford. Why? Has anyone tried to order the track pack Recaro's from Ford for that price? Anyone seen them reasonably priced anywhere? I want them bad but $3k for a pair of cloth Mustang seats is just retarted. Ran a search and didn't really see too much about it. Any info you got is appreciated.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
You have to remeber ford is a huge international company who sponsors n have partnerships with other companies n remember another big factor bulk they buy in bulk and that what affects the price just like the brembo brakes same concept applies
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would have gotten them with the car but it would have increased my payment by $30 and I figured I could just grab some aftermarket for a lot less than $1600, most racing seats I see are $300-$500. Should have researched that one first lol. Sucks I want them badly. I will check with Ford and see what they cost to place an order. I will let everyone know what I come up with.

There are two things I have seen for the GT that I MUST have.

1. Recaros

2. GT500 Rear Valance with dual tip axle backs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yep n brembo a for me
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Recaro's are sweet seats to have in your Mustang. Although, if it didn't come with them I would probably use another brand. The only reason being the price, which you've already discovered. Corbeau for example makes a quality race seat for a fraction of the cost.

Good luck with your search for Recaros. If you're looking for other options, hit me up!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I too wanted the Recaros, but only the leather ones. I have heard that the cloth ones have issues with wearing out and creasing, so stay away from them. You can always buy Recaros and get a seat bracket for the Mustang and install them yourself.
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Recaro's are sweet seats to have in your Mustang. Although, if it didn't come with them I would probably use another brand. The only reason being the price, which you've already discovered. Corbeau for example makes a quality race seat for a fraction of the cost.

Good luck with your search for Recaros. If you're looking for other options, hit me up!

Shane
+1000. Much better seats out there for a fraction of the cost.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I've been wanting to upgrade my seats as well, and was shocked by the price of the Ford Racing Recaros...until I realize that they're the ONLY direct bolt-in option that includes airbags. Yes, you can physically bolt in cheaper options, but you'll have no seat airbags, nor the ability to (simply) work around the missing airbags and keep a functioning system without spending more time & money to remedy it.

I'm really surprised to hear a vendor pushing that as an option without also mentioning the disclaimer, about how it's ILLEGAL for a street car, how your insurance company won't help you if you're involved in an accident, when you've disabled or bypassed the manufacturer's safety equipment...These are things I'd want to consider...and ultimately why the Recaros ARE a btter choice, rather than the cheaper options, despite the issues the Recaros are known for.
Grey 2011 GT Brembo, 3.73, ARH LT headers, catted x-pipe, Borla GT500 A/B, JLT cf CAI, MGW shifter, SCT, tuned, Boss oil cooler, Ford Racing springs & adj shocks, GT500 strut mounts, Steeda adj panhard/upper & lower arms. Roush 18x10" wheels with PS2 fronts, R888 305's rear. Eibach GT500 adj swaybars, Boss IM/Strut bar/steering wheel, Ford Racing 90mm TB, GT500 wing, BMR relo brackets, DSS aluminum driveshaft, Cervini Cobra R hood, 2014 GT500 headlight & rear end retrofit...
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I've been wanting to upgrade my seats as well, and was shocked by the price of the Ford Racing Recaros...until I realize that they're the ONLY direct bolt-in option that includes airbags. Yes, you can physically bolt in cheaper options, but you'll have no seat airbags, nor the ability to (simply) work around the missing airbags and keep a functioning system without spending more time & money to remedy it.

I'm really surprised to hear a vendor pushing that as an option without also mentioning the disclaimer, about how it's ILLEGAL for a street car, how your insurance company won't help you if you're involved in an accident, when you've disabled or bypassed the manufacturer's safety equipment...These are things I'd want to consider...and ultimately why the Recaros ARE a btter choice, rather than the cheaper options, despite the issues the Recaros are known for.
How is driving with a racing seat illegal? The rest of your airbags will still be intact and functual. All you will need is a ohm resistor to prevent throwing any kind of light. Ive had racing seats in several cars, as have my friends, one of whom is even a cop, and ive never had anyone tell me a racing seat was illegal. Nor had anybody have problems with insurance.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
How is driving with a racing seat illegal? The rest of your airbags will still be intact and functual. All you will need is a ohm resistor to prevent throwing any kind of light. Ive had racing seats in several cars, as have my friends, one of whom is even a cop, and ive never had anyone tell me a racing seat was illegal. Nor had anybody have problems with insurance.
Go get into an accident, and see what happens. I've run planty of racing seats in older cars that didn't have airbags, but it IS illegal to disable your airbag system on a street car. If you've got friends who've been fortunate enough to not get screwed, good for them. Insurance fraud is the #1 crime in the USA...
Grey 2011 GT Brembo, 3.73, ARH LT headers, catted x-pipe, Borla GT500 A/B, JLT cf CAI, MGW shifter, SCT, tuned, Boss oil cooler, Ford Racing springs & adj shocks, GT500 strut mounts, Steeda adj panhard/upper & lower arms. Roush 18x10" wheels with PS2 fronts, R888 305's rear. Eibach GT500 adj swaybars, Boss IM/Strut bar/steering wheel, Ford Racing 90mm TB, GT500 wing, BMR relo brackets, DSS aluminum driveshaft, Cervini Cobra R hood, 2014 GT500 headlight & rear end retrofit...
Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go get into an accident, and see what happens. I've run planty of racing seats in older cars that didn't have airbags, but it IS illegal to disable your airbag system on a street car. If you've got friends who've been fortunate enough to not get screwed, good for them. Insurance fraud is the #1 crime in the USA...
Your insurance company will definitely increase your rates. And probably deny any injury claims. But im not sure about it actually being illegal. I could be wrong though.
And who said anything about insurance fraud? Nobody is lying to the insurance companies here.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

In the U.S., it is illegal to remove or disable the front airbags (drivers or passengers) in a car of any model year for which they were required. The only exceptions involve medical conditions that make it unsafe to sit behind an airbag. Additionally, the states in the U.S. prohibit operating a vehicle from which any federally required safety equipment (including airbags, seatbelts, headlights, etc.) has been removed.

Questions & Answers Regarding Air Bags

49 CFR Part 595, [Docket No. 74-14; Notice 107], RIN 2127 - AG61: Air Bag Deactivation
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In the U.S., it is illegal to remove or disable the front airbags (drivers or passengers) in a car of any model year for which they were required. The only exceptions involve medical conditions that make it unsafe to sit behind an airbag. Additionally, the states in the U.S. prohibit operating a vehicle from which any federally required safety equipment (including airbags, seatbelts, headlights, etc.) has been removed.

Questions & Answers Regarding Air Bags

49 CFR Part 595, [Docket No. 74-14; Notice 107], RIN 2127 - AG61: Air Bag Deactivation
I thought that was just referring to the airbags in the steering wheel, and dashboard on passenger side. Again, if im wrong i apologize. I was just under the impression it was only illegal to remove the steering wheel or dash bag.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzep View Post
I too wanted the Recaros, but only the leather ones. I have heard that the cloth ones have issues with wearing out and creasing, so stay away from them. You can always buy Recaros and get a seat bracket for the Mustang and install them yourself.
Can confirm. My driver seat is creasing. I'm going to wait til it gets pretty bad before warranty expires and get them to fix it.

That being said, they are so comfortable it's ridiculous.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have seen leather takeoff's on ebay all the time. Pay an upholstery shop to sawp em out. Only difficulty if getting my hands on the seats themselves.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« Add's | Sync update »