What to get new??! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What to get new??!

Peeps I need help idk what to do to my stang next 2012 5.0 has
Steeda intake, bamas tuner, flowmaster outlaw exhaust. That's it. Is an everyday car any help what to do next to it
Yankee5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Finish Exhaust, Suspension, Wheels and Rims...
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I got rims

Forgot to say got J&M lower control arms
But yea need some stuff else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

What gears do you have?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

None just stock
Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Get some 4.10s
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
short shifter
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee5.0 View Post
None just stock
Newer 5.0s have the option of different gears, do you know which ones you have?

HID end all thread
Old 08-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Lower it
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

In auto 8/ had no choice don't really have good credit
Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Get some 3.73 or 4.10 gears for it.

HID end all thread
Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Does it matter if is automatic
Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

If its an auto i would actually recommend 4.10s, it will make your car pull a lot harder. And not it doesn't matter if its an auto for what type of gears. As long as you get ones with an 8.8 gear ring.

HID end all thread
Old 08-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If its an auto i would actually recommend 4.10s, it will make your car pull a lot harder. And not it doesn't matter if its an auto for what type of gears. As long as you get ones with an 8.8 gear ring.
-1 fastest autos run 3.31 gearing with torque converters. Auto is completely different then manuals. I have the 3.15 which were stock. But I say suspension first. A lot of people will agree with me. I see you got control arms. But dropping it makes it look a lot better with benefits of handling and such.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I agree with lowering her
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

try getting some springs,relocation brackets and adj. panhard bar.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I just did spring shocks struts panhard mm plates and I feel like it handles a lot better. May be just bc I just dropped all that money and it errrr handle better. It definitely looks better. Your gunna wanna keep them wheels from spinning though. And if you do gears and more power adders and you spin your wheels all day. Then your spending your money unwisely IMO. Gotta be able to control the car before you just spin them uncontrollable.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
-1 fastest autos run 3.31 gearing with torque converters. Auto is completely different then manuals. I have the 3.15 which were stock. But I say suspension first. A lot of people will agree with me. I see you got control arms. But dropping it makes it look a lot better with benefits of handling and such.
Trust Soccerlvr on this one. 4.10s for auto especially with big wheels.
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
try getting some springs,relocation brackets and adj. panhard bar.
Get some shocks and struts as well. Cam bolts or plates always come in handy too. It's not an inexpensive thing to do right. There is a lot of info in here on everything you could possible want or need
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post

Trust Soccerlvr on this one. 4.10s for auto especially with big wheels.
How long you been driving a 2011+ 5.0 auto?? Haha.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Coming from one guy running 8 seconds and 2 guys running low 9's. watch fastest 11+ autos on YouTube then go to there site or read there comments. They'll tell you. I've done some research on this topic. torque converter is a must also if your going for a fast auto. Circle d is a highly suggested for those. I on the other hand do not run either as of yet. But will. When I pay my car off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3882417138.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	121685  
Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

By the way. That comment came from the guy who posted the video. With the question before that being what is the best gears for autos.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

+1. The fastest autos I've seen are all running 3.31s. Although thats mostly on boosted cars. The lower gear helps the car stay in the powerband, where the boost is haha.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote:
That makes no sense. The transmission plays a HUGE role on what gears to get. Its all about achieving the right trap speed and RPM. A high gear is not always a good thing. You want to be going through the traps hard, still in the powerband. If you dont have the correct gearing it may cause you to have to upshift taking you out of the powerband.
Also with a higher gear, it will be harder to hook. Personally for an auto i would go with 3.73s. Best combination of the 2. They will knock about .3 seconds off your 1/4 miles time, give you good performance on the street, and wont kill your gas milage.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Personally for an auto i would go with 3.73s. Best combination of the 2. They will knock about .3 seconds off your 1/4 miles time, give you good performance on the street, and wont kill your gas milage.
+1 I have an 11 auto with pretty much the exact same mods as the OP and I think the 3.73s are a great addition, but can't say that 4.10s would be better or worse since I have no frame of reference. 3.73s make a huge difference in off the line acceleration compared with the stock 3.15s. If your future plans include FI, you may want to consider 3.55s as an alternative, (but I'd research that more). I like the idea of the torque converter, but I'm gonna hold off on that due to cost + install, and concerns over streetability. Ive never had one though, so maybe I'm just being a wussy! I was going to make my next mod either 1 pc aluminum driveshaft, or Boss IM, and I'm still torn between the 2. I like the idea of the Boss IM because the 3.73s really get you off the line, and the Boss screams at the top of the RPM range. I've heard this is a well-balanced setup for autos because any TQ lost at the lower RPM range with the Boss IM is "made up for" with the 3.73s. In addition to all this, I'm trying to keep my car smog legal in Kalifornicztan, so no LT headers for me or I'd do that in a heartbeat!

Please let me know what your next mod is as I'd like to know how you decide!

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee5.0 View Post
Peeps I need help idk what to do to my stang next 2012 5.0 has
Steeda intake, bamas tuner, flowmaster outlaw exhaust. That's it. Is an everyday car any help what to do next to it
It sounds like you already have some great mods on your Mustang! I would recommend going with a set of Gears, Long Tube Headers and a Boss Manifold. All three of these mods are must haves IMO for the 2011+ GT's! The order you complete the process in really doesn't matter, they're all great mods and will make a huge difference.

You can also go with a Driveshaft and some Suspension!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Focus on putting down what you have. Any one of these cars can disintegrate the rear tires at will. Suspension, tires are good next steps.

For comparison, I have a loaded BBP MT82 car w. 3.73. The car would not put power down worth a damn, due to the wheelhop and traction issues. Roush upper, cheapo UMI lowers and the car is transformed, straight line and turns. Not perfect but, right on the door of 11s with a tire, full weight, with only Procal 91 tune for power.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

After some decent research. It really comes to you. Everybody praises 4.10's and such because it makes them smile and "feels" so much faster. Except when they are at the pump. No real proven data tho. I'm seeing 3.55 is the best of both worlds (street and track). Many choose the 3.73 for that smile and performance. This seems to be a huge topic all over. But once again. Change to something higher than what your currently running. And your going to scare the sh*t out of anybody in the car or near you. Because without suspension and better tires. Your just going to spin. Good luck with whatever you decide and anything will be improvement. To the joy of your ride.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Depending on the torque converter you can make it a lot less street able, I'm sure he wants to keep it street able. And I don't recall him saying he wants the best 1/4 mile time. He just wants his car faster.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

+1. The fastest autos I've seen are all running 3.31s. Although thats mostly on boosted cars. The lower gear helps the car stay in the powerband, where the boost is haha.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

That makes no sense. The transmission plays a HUGE role on what gears to get. Its all about achieving the right trap speed and RPM. A high gear is not always a good thing. You want to be going through the traps hard, still in the powerband. If you dont have the correct gearing it may cause you to have to upshift taking you out of the powerband.
Also with a higher gear, it will be harder to hook. Personally for an auto i would go with 3.73s. Best combination of the 2. They will knock about .3 seconds off your 1/4 miles time, give you good performance on the street, and wont kill your gas milage.
When did he mention anything about a 1/4 mile in his original post?

HID end all thread
Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Depending on the torque converter you can make it a lot less street able, I'm sure he wants to keep it street able. And I don't recall him saying he wants the best 1/4 mile time. He just wants his car faster.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

When did he mention anything about a 1/4 mile in his original post?
How would a torque converter make it less street-able?
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Skip the gears. I've been 11.8x @ 119 mph on stock 3.15's and stock converter. The car needs a converter not gears. This is from experience not internet B.S.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Skip the gears. I've been 11.8x @ 119 mph on stock 3.15's and stock converter. The car needs a converter not gears. This is from experience not internet B.S.
Although I have a mt, I totally agree.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

How would a torque converter make it less street-able?
Yeah i agree. Dont see how a converter would make it any less streetable.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT