Best axle backs? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11 View Post
Anyone out there using GT500 with only resonator deletes?
I am and I like it a lot.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBry0311 View Post
I'm running American racing LT headers O/R X-pipe and bassani axle back. It is the meanest sounding mustang exhaust I have ever heard. Its loud as hell at WOT but there is no drone anywhere and at freeway speeds I can hear all the passengers.

Also just wanted to let you know that I have a Magnaflow street axle back for sale. PM me if your interested.
Video please
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #38

Region: New York
ROUSH nuff said... love it
DarkestKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I have the Flowmaster Outlaws on my 2011Mustang GT. Have had them for about 4 months now and just now put this video up of the before and after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=isbIlyRqmPw
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Borla s types
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastJ View Post
Borla s types
+1
dugemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got FM Hushpower catbacks. It came with a 3 inch Hpipe and it was quiet when I first got them.

Under load it would open open and sing out in a lower throaty song. Loud but not too loud. Slight drone at 60-65mph. But the sound was great I though not high pitched or raspy or tinny. Just a low grumble that turns into a rumble.

Now I got straight pipes on. It's loud. Very loud. But it still had a deep bass to the exhaust note. When in neutral at idle you lightly rev the engine up to about 3500rpm you will feel as if you got some subwoofers under and behind your car. Press it higher and you will hear what probably would be the growl and bark of a gigantic muscular Rottweiler or some other killer dog.

WOT sounds a bit higher pitched and my car goes WaaaaaAAAAAHHHH. But if you drive it along the wall of say an underpass on the service road you can actually listen and hear that probably to people outside the exhaust sounds deeper than if you're inside the car flooring it. I'll try and post a video. But currently I have an exhaust leak so when I let go of the gas oftentimes you'll hear a pshhhh blllthhhh and a pop. So I'll have that fixed then film it.

Hushpower. Stoopid *** name but oh so great sounding exhaust.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Will get VIDEO

hey joyride I will get a video with sound as soon as I can, so you can hear my setup.
BOSS intake, Steeda CAI, SCT livewire TS, A.R. long tubes & 3" X-pipe, Bassani axle back, AMR wheels, Steeda upper&lower control arms, Raxiom Black Projector/HALO headlights, Trufiber hood, CS/BOSS front & rear valence, BOSS splitter, Stainless Braided Clutch Line, TruCarbon CF Grille, MMD Black tail light trim & Trunk Emblem Surround, Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit. Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket, DSS 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft. 417 HP 373 lbsft at wheels and loving it.
BigBry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #44

Region: California
For plain sound, I went with Roush axle backs. I have no regrets. They did not cost much, were easy to install, they were not too loud, and I have no regrets with my purchase. Other than that, I would have gone with Borla.
MrGeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I think its safe to say that Borla is the "best" axleback, but u get what u pay for... The best bang for the buck, I would say Roush hands down... If only staying axleback and no other future exhaust mods, Roush is the winner for the $$
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Borla S Types (aka Stingers)... If you can afford them, you'll be set for life. My current pair was on my 2006 V6, now they're on my 2010 GT (put them on the day I got it).
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
As others have said, don't go with Roush if you have straights or plan on doing any exhaust mods. I had roush on my factory exhaust and loved them, but as soon as I put a 3 inch exhaust and high flow cats in, they were way too raspy and obnoxious. I switched to the RTR mufflers and haven't looked back.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT