Budgeting Suspension Build - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Budgeting Suspension Build

I'm budgeting 2,000.00 to spend on suspension components for my five oh.

Any suggestions, guidance and/or knowledge would be awesome!

Sincerely,

The other dude with the mustang.
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Region: Other
Posts: 77
The Ford Racing handling pack is hard to beat for the value. Some guys don't like the shocks, but I've got no complaints with my adjustables.
__________________
Grey 2011 GT Brembo, 3.73, ARH LT headers, catted x-pipe, Borla GT500 A/B, JLT cf CAI, MGW shifter, SCT, tuned, Boss oil cooler, Ford Racing springs & adj shocks, GT500 strut mounts, Steeda adj panhard/upper & lower arms. Roush 18x10" wheels with PS2 fronts, R888 305's rear. Eibach GT500 adj swaybars, Boss IM/Strut bar/steering wheel, Ford Racing 90mm TB, GT500 wing, BMR relo brackets, DSS aluminum driveshaft, Cervini Cobra R hood, 2014 GT500 headlight & rear end retrofit...
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
With that 1 inch drop do you think i'd be able to fit 19x8.5 or 9 in front and 19x10 in the rear with 35 offset?
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
So I think i'm going to start off with whiteline strut tower brace, sub frame connectors, steeda rear seat x-brace, panhard bar, and gt500 handling pack. that'll run me right around more or less 2500.00 I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
The Ford Racing handling pack is hard to beat for the value. Some guys don't like the shocks, but I've got no complaints with my adjustables.
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBetty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 167
For that price point you can do a full suspension job. shock/struts, springs, PHB, LCA, relos, UCA, mount, CC plates and whatever else. And still have money left over to go drinkn'.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
BC Fully adjustable coilovers only cost $1000. If you wanna go that route. I did.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
For that price point you can do a full suspension job. shock/struts, springs, PHB, LCA, relos, UCA, mount, CC plates and whatever else. And still have money left over to go drinkn'.
I did some more research and I decided to go with eibach pro-plus kit, BMR low control arm relo brackets, BMR low CA's, BMR adj. PHB, Hotchkiss SFC's, Hotchkiss stabilizer plate, and whiteline strut tow brace. maybe some can bolts for future alignment issues.
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fiveoh View Post

I did some more research and I decided to go with eibach pro-plus kit, BMR low control arm relo brackets, BMR low CA's, BMR adj. PHB, Hotchkiss SFC's, Hotchkiss stabilizer plate, and whiteline strut tow brace. maybe some can bolts for future alignment issues.
I'm not sure what whitelines stb looks like but I like a stb that bolts up to all 4 strut bolts on each side. It just seems more solid. I've got a Steeda stb and it only uses the 2 inner bolts on each side. (Kicks rocks)
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
What are your plans with the car? Dont simply buy parts because you dont have them. WL STB is a sturdy piece however, can be a bit overkill and expensive. Figuring your plans and what you like would help me figure out a good suspension system recommendation. Stay away from FRPP and Eibach in regards to dampers, many who recommend them typically has experience with just these or just very limited experience. Ive ran many suspension components for street driven venicles, dragstrip or road course and have found koni and bilstein to be the best available for the cost and performance for the entry to intermediate level. I could recommend a kit that would satisfy your needs and leave you with about 500 dollars remaining.
__________________
A boss.....
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ddinn25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Ohio
Posts: 164
Don't use cam/cc BOLTS! There called crash bolts for a reason! With a good alignment -camber isn't an issue. I'm -1.9 deg and have NO tire ware issues.
__________________
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
What are your plans with the car? Dont simply buy parts because you dont have them. WL STB is a sturdy piece however, can be a bit overkill and expensive. Figuring your plans and what you like would help me figure out a good suspension system recommendation. Stay away from FRPP and Eibach in regards to dampers, many who recommend them typically has experience with just these or just very limited experience. Ive ran many suspension components for street driven venicles, dragstrip or road course and have found koni and bilstein to be the best available for the cost and performance for the entry to intermediate level. I could recommend a kit that would satisfy your needs and leave you with about 500 dollars remaining.
What kit?
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
What are your plans with the car? Dont simply buy parts because you dont have them. WL STB is a sturdy piece however, can be a bit overkill and expensive. Figuring your plans and what you like would help me figure out a good suspension system recommendation. Stay away from FRPP and Eibach in regards to dampers, many who recommend them typically has experience with just these or just very limited experience. Ive ran many suspension components for street driven venicles, dragstrip or road course and have found koni and bilstein to be the best available for the cost and performance for the entry to intermediate level. I could recommend a kit that would satisfy your needs and leave you with about 500 dollars remaining.
...and isn't Bilstein and Eibach the same? Don't they integrate their parts?
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
I just got done doing eibach pro springs, koni shocks and struts, mm camber PLATES, and whiteline panhard bar. All that for right under 1100. All I need next is some Uca's and lca's. I'm not looking for a drift car. But a good looking street car that if I decide to do work, can kick some @$$ at a strip. Therefore. I don't need upgraded sway bars and stuff like that that'll really only benefit people that autoX.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fiveoh View Post
...and isn't Bilstein and Eibach the same? Don't they integrate their parts?
Not at all, I work closely with a few companies. There are many misconceptions on who works with who.

As far as a kit goes, it would be a kit with different brands that work well with one another.

Cc bolts are not ideal, any springs with a conservative drop (pro kit, hotchkis, etc) can be put into spec by any decent alignment shop.

Shoot me a pm.
__________________
A boss.....
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
I just got done doing eibach pro springs, koni shocks and struts, mm camber PLATES, and whiteline panhard bar. All that for right under 1100. All I need next is some Uca's and lca's. I'm not looking for a drift car. But a good looking street car that if I decide to do work, can kick some @$$ at a strip. Therefore. I don't need upgraded sway bars and stuff like that that'll really only benefit people that autoX.
What are your trying to build your car to as far hp/tq rating?
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
It'll be a long build. Wife hates me spending money on it. Period. I get overtime money to put towards my car. I am currently switching axle backs from roush to gt500's. then going with an off road x and tune at the same time. I don't have numbers in mind but more of what will allow me to get the most out of my car without having to sell my body for extra cash I have started with suspension and will next go to power. Doubt I will ever go turbo or anything due to not really any tracks around me or being well enough afar in life to have the extra money. I'm 23 and freshly married with a new house note. I check cushions for spare change brother. Just a regular guy with a dream of a b.a. Car.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
It'll be a long build. Wife hates me spending money on it. Period. I get overtime money to put towards my car. I am currently switching axle backs from roush to gt500's. then going with an off road x and tune at the same time. I don't have numbers in mind but more of what will allow me to get the most out of my car without having to sell my body for extra cash I have started with suspension and will next go to power. Doubt I will ever go turbo or anything due to not really any tracks around me or being well enough afar in life to have the extra money. I'm 23 and freshly married with a new house note. I check cushions for spare change brother. Just a regular guy with a dream of a b.a. Car.
You sound like me in 6 years :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
It'll be a long build. Wife hates me spending money on it. Period. I get overtime money to put towards my car. I am currently switching axle backs from roush to gt500's. then going with an off road x and tune at the same time. I don't have numbers in mind but more of what will allow me to get the most out of my car without having to sell my body for extra cash I have started with suspension and will next go to power. Doubt I will ever go turbo or anything due to not really any tracks around me or being well enough afar in life to have the extra money. I'm 23 and freshly married with a new house note. I check cushions for spare change brother. Just a regular guy with a dream of a b.a. Car.
I heard that! Nice stang BTW!
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fiveoh View Post

I heard that! Nice stang BTW!
Thanks brother. Same to you. And I like the stripe. I just can't pull that trigger yet. I'm going for the all black theme for now.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Thanks brother. Same to you. And I like the stripe. I just can't pull that trigger yet. I'm going for the all black theme for now.
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeachMonkey100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Don't use cam/cc BOLTS! There called crash bolts for a reason! With a good alignment -camber isn't an issue. I'm -1.9 deg and have NO tire ware issues.
I second that note! I have pictures to prove it lol
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:25 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.