Mykey - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mykey

I don't know how but I programmed my key and now I can't go over 80 how do I take this off
Jon5.0BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon5.0BOSS View Post
I don't know how but I programmed my key and now I can't go over 80 how do I take this off
Owners manual is your friend.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
You should have two sets of keys. The one that's currently in the ignition is your "my key". The other key is the "admin key". If you put the "admin key" in the ignition then go over to your (reset, info, select) buttons, scroll on select until your digital display has the 3 different mph settings and turn this function off.

SHAZAM!!!

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fiveoh View Post
You should have two sets of keys. The one that's currently in the ignition is your "my key". The other key is the "admin key". If you put the "admin key" in the ignition then go over to your (reset, info, select) buttons, scroll on select until your digital display has the 3 different mph settings and turn this function off.

SHAZAM!!!
Obviously once you've completed this process, switch back to the "my key"

SHAZAM!!!
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I only have one key it was used
Jon5.0BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Contact Ford, see if they'll do it for free, the admin key allows you to turn that function off as well as other things like "sport mode", depending on the trim level.
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Hold up everyone! How do we know your parents haven't fixed it so you can't go over 80 Speed Demon?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang

Hold up everyone! How do we know your parents haven't fixed it so you can't go over 80 Speed Demon?
Haha I was thinking the same exact thing. You don't "accidentally" set your speed limit to 80 mph....
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
That sucks, and a perfect example of why you never have only one key. Bad news, the keys for these cars are pretty expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fiveoh View Post
Contact Ford, see if they'll do it for free, the admin key allows you to turn that function off as well as other things like "sport mode", depending on the trim level.
AHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ha ha ha. Oh God, that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Haha I was thinking the same exact thing. You don't "accidentally" set your speed limit to 80 mph....
Yeah, it's not a procedure you could accidentally step through.

Personalized Vehicle Owner Information
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Yeah you have to have an admin key to reset it back. 80 is plenty fast

you shouldn't be going faster than 65 anyway
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Look on eBay for a key then take it to your dealership or maybe try a locksmith the programming should probably cost around $85-150.

I would advise getting a 2nd key made just incase you loose your key. My brother lost his only key once, and the car had to be towed to the dealership.

Thankfully I got a guy now who does keys for cheap
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Look on eBay for a key then take it to your dealership or maybe try a locksmith the programming should probably cost around $85-150.

I would advise getting a 2nd key made just incase you loose your key. My brother lost his only key once, and the car had to be towed to the dealership.

Thankfully I got a guy now who does keys for cheap
If you lose your only key on these the entire PATS system will have to be replaced and reprogrammed, as well as the cost of two new keys. The bill will be thousands. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have two keys.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Sonovabeeeech! I'm down to one set of keys now after "misplacing" my main set this weekend here at the house. FFS there's only so much square footage in my house i can check over and over again WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU KEYS

And has anyone else stood outside their car like an idiot hitting unlock 15 times before it unlocks? Both sets of keys in my new '13 do this a lot.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
And has anyone else stood outside their car like an idiot hitting unlock 15 times before it unlocks? Both sets of keys in my new '13 do this a lot.[/QUOTE]

YES! Sometimes it works great and other times I just give up and use the actual key to get in my car.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Sonovabeeeech! I'm down to one set of keys now after "misplacing" my main set this weekend here at the house. FFS there's only so much square footage in my house i can check over and over again WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU KEYS

And has anyone else stood outside their car like an idiot hitting unlock 15 times before it unlocks? Both sets of keys in my new '13 do this a lot.
I had them in a jacket I didn't wear for months and I found them... After that I proceed to making 3 new keys and putting away my originals
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

OUCH!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got any small kids that might have picked them up and walked off with them? Or as I found out lately, my cat seems to have a habit of grabbing and hiding her "NEW TOYS." Car keys, glasses, batteries from my remote control, expensive pen, men's diamond ring, just a few.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
YES! Sometimes it works great and other times I just give up and use the actual key to get in my car.[/QUOTE]

Yea my admin key has been starting to do that. My secondary key is safe and sound in my safe.

I accidentally set my admin key like first week of owning it. I was pressing buttons, playing with my navi and what not, and did the same exact thing.
Luckily I changed it back.
As much as i think it was a creative idea for them to add that. Sometimes simplistic is sooooo much better. And for this exact reason he made this thread and If you loose or break the key, cost thousands of dollars to have them reprogram.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Is it wrong to have two admin keys programmed?
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50 View Post
Is it wrong to have two admin keys programmed?
I wouldnt think so, I guess just depends who will have the second admin key.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Got any small kids that might have picked them up and walked off with them? Or as I found out lately, my cat seems to have a habit of grabbing and hiding her "NEW TOYS." Car keys, glasses, batteries from my remote control, expensive pen, men's diamond ring, just a few.
No kids no cats, going to give it one last chance this weekend before I have my house re-keyed and get a new one from Ford. When I was with the finance guy he told me I get one free key fob so he actually suggested waiting a few weeks after I bought the car and then just say you lost one to get another.

Can Ford stop my lost key from working? I'm pretty sure they can't and yes that's a rediculous question but I'm super paranoid someone will find it and be out be out be out.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

I wouldnt think so, I guess just depends who will have the second admin key.
I have three admin keys

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote:

Bahaha just BC your car won't do 80mph doesn't mean everyone should suffer
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, what's an admin key? Heard of Track keys for the Boss, but not an admin key.
FlGtPrem013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure there's others that know more, but from my experience, just allows you to make changes to other "my keys" to erase or setup the keys.

Here's a good read

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/my-key-494972/
Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No kids no cats, going to give it one last chance this weekend before I have my house re-keyed and get a new one from Ford. When I was with the finance guy he told me I get one free key fob so he actually suggested waiting a few weeks after I bought the car and then just say you lost one to get another.

Can Ford stop my lost key from working? I'm pretty sure they can't and yes that's a rediculous question but I'm super paranoid someone will find it and be out be out be out.
Better get some good pictures just in case it's not in the driveway tomorrow. Was that the sound of a car starting?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT