HP estimate - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
HP estimate

Hey guys I don't have access to a dyno. I'm wondering how much horsepower I'm laying down over stock with Boss intake, BBK 85mm TB, Roush cai, and Bama 93 race tune.

2013 GT, 6MT, 3.31.

Also can someone explain the difference in HP and RWHP? Is 420 stock HP just the engine?

I know a lot of guys here know a lot about dyno numbers. Thanks for any input.

I'm in Germany but as soon as I get back to the states I'm doing long tubes and a dyno.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The difference between HP and Rwhp is, the HP #'s you see or bHp are #'s in relation to the power the engine is making at the crank when ran on a engine dyno. Rwhp #'s show the power the car is making to the ground at the back tires on a chassis dyno, minus the losses due to parasitic drag caused from the drivetrain. Rwhp #'s are only helpful if you have a baseline dyno # and then a # after said mods. A dynos main function is that of a tool for tuners to check a multitude if variables when making adjustments to the tune without actually having to datalog on a road. Numbers will be different from dyno to dyno, depending on weather conditions, and the correction value or if its a loaded dyno or not. In stock form on your average dyno your car should've put down approximately 360-380rwhp. With the mods and tune you currently have you could possibly see 380-410rwhp taking into consideration the variables mentioned above. Don't be disappointed by the number you put down, especially without having a baseline figure. Your biggest gains in the future will come from long tube headers and a ORX pipe. Good luck! Keep us posted.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
Hey guys I don't have access to a dyno. I'm wondering how much horsepower I'm laying down over stock with Boss intake, BBK 85mm TB, Roush cai, and Bama 93 race tune.

2013 GT, 6MT, 3.31.

Also can someone explain the difference in HP and RWHP? Is 420 stock HP just the engine?

I'm in Germany but as soon as I get back to the states I'm doing long tubes and a dyno.
I'd say between 400-410RWHP. The 420HP from the factory is a crank rating. There is always loss through the drivetrain while putting the power down and the measure of your crank HP minus drivetrain loss gives you RWHP.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I put down 406hp and 383tq in my 2013 5.0 6MT base with an airaid cai, steeda cat deletes, and bama 93H tune. Bone stock I layer down 354TQ and 356HP. I hit the speed limiter in 5th at 6100rpm and 144mph. (3.31 gears). This is with the car lowered 1.5 and with big 20in chrome wheels
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post

2013 GT, 6MT, 3.31.

All these guesses are on the right track. Your car will probably make somewhere around 400 RWHP with your current mods. You loose about 12% in drivetrain loss to the wheels through an MT82 and about 16-18% through an Automatic! So if your car comes with 420 horspower to the crank from the factory, subtract the proper percentage and that will give you your stock numbers. Most stock 5 O's usually lay down around 360-385 depending on the trans and weather etc..

I hope this helps! Definitely let us know how your car makes out.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Only true way to know is to get it strapped to a dyno. But all dyno's are created equal. Example: a mustang dyno running on there calibration will read A LOT lower than say a dynojet. It will be low enough to think something is wrong with your car. Also auto cars make less power than manuals on a dyno BUT run better #'s on the track. I wouldn't get to hung up on the NUMBERS. Take that thing to the track and see what she does! If your tuned do a data log to see if your getting the most from your mods? You'll want a good set of tires and maybe a few suspension mods as well. Traction is limited!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Awesome input from everyone! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain everything and give estimates. A good read to learn from. Thanks.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT