Suspension question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Suspension question

I have a 2010 and since I have owned it , if the street or lane I'm in is let's say uneven or sunk in a little it pulls to the right or left depending on which side is uneven. And I know some people will say yeah very car does that and stay out of those lanes which is mostly true to an extent my wife's xterra was the worst when driving but, This feels more jerky than anything it's not violent but really annoying especially when you apply the brakes on these uneven lanes

Now I have noticed it seems my front tires are canted in a tad at the top towards the motor and bottom out, and I'm wondering if its been lowered a bit and camber not corrected.

So I guess the question is does anyone know how much room should be between the wheel and the fender with stock 19" rims and 245-45, I'm just trying not to spend more money than I have to to fix this issue an the more info I have at the beginning the better. So thanks for your input
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's not a camber issue, your toe is out. The crown that's naturally in most roads for water dispersion will exaggerate the problem. Get a wheel alignment. Good luck!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTHIS View Post
I have a 2010 and since I have owned it , if the street or lane I'm in is let's say uneven or sunk in a little it pulls to the right or left depending on which side is uneven. And I know some people will say yeah very car does that and stay out of those lanes which is mostly true to an extent my wife's xterra was the worst when driving but, This feels more jerky than anything it's not violent but really annoying especially when you apply the brakes on these uneven lanes

Now I have noticed it seems my front tires are canted in a tad at the top towards the motor and bottom out, and I'm wondering if its been lowered a bit and camber not corrected.

So I guess the question is does anyone know how much room should be between the wheel and the fender with stock 19" rims and 245-45, I'm just trying not to spend more money than I have to to fix this issue an the more info I have at the beginning the better. So thanks for your input
I had the same problem when I had the Pirelli tires, after switching to Michelin tires the problem went away.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have the hankook Ventus v12's but I will try the alignment first and see what happens tires are too new and too expensive to change out. I bought it used a year ago that's why I'm wondering if it was lowered but it looks like stock springs and shocks to me.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My 88 started doing this after I lowered it. I know I need caster camber plates. I hate how that feels.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351stroker View Post
My 88 started doing this after I lowered it. I know I need caster camber plates. I hate how that feels.
True it's very nerve racking , I feel like I'm swerving and it makes me look like I can't drive. Thankful it doesn't do it on the highway or corners just at like 45 or slower
Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTHIS View Post

True it's very nerve racking , I feel like I'm swerving and it makes me look like I can't drive. Thankful it doesn't do it on the highway or corners just at like 45 or slower
Ya. I hate how it kinda grabs the wheel on you. And same. I don't notice it on the hiway. Just in town at slower speeds. On the hiway it feels
Like its on rails.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT