Question regarding exhausts and intakes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Question regarding exhausts and intakes

So i just ordered my new 2014 mustang GT premium and to pass the time till it arives to the dealer have been watching youtube videos on mustang mods non stop.

i have several questions as i have really no technical background. all the mods i would like to get for my car i will have to take to a garage to install

my first question: after looking at several videos i think i would like to get some Kooks long tube headers, off road H pipe and Borla S type mufflers. of all the videos, i like the sound of this guys car the best: . i dont see that Kooks makes an off road H pipe for the 2014. will the off road H pipes for previous year models work with the 2014 gt? will my set up fit together?

second question: eventually i would like to get a Roush stage 3 supercharger, will this supercharger work with the above mentioned exhaust?

thanks for your imput!!
crev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by crev View Post
So i just ordered my new 2014 mustang GT premium and to pass the time till it arives to the dealer have been watching youtube videos on mustang mods non stop.

i have several questions as i have really no technical background. all the mods i would like to get for my car i will have to take to a garage to install

my first question: after looking at several videos i think i would like to get some Kooks long tube headers, off road H pipe and Borla S type mufflers. of all the videos, i like the sound of this guys car the best: . i dont see that Kooks makes an off road H pipe for the 2014. will the off road H pipes for previous year models work with the 2014 gt? will my set up fit together?

second question: eventually i would like to get a Roush stage 3 supercharger, will this supercharger work with the above mentioned exhaust?

thanks for your imput!!
First check what State You live in, just in case you have to pass smog testing. You will need long tube headers, Shorty X-Pipe, Catted or Non-Catted and Axlebacks.

You have a ton of things before you ever get to the Supercharger.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Removing working Cats is illegal.
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yes that supercharger will work just fine with that exhaust. I'm running the same exhaust exhaust on our Boss. Kooks 1 7/8 headers with O/R h pipe and Borla s types, I kept my stock resonators to maintain some sort of sanity. I've never received as many compliments as I do now.

Quote:

thanks for your imput!!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Yes that supercharger will work just fine with that exhaust. I'm running the same exhaust exhaust on our Boss. Kooks 1 7/8 headers with O/R h pipe and Borla s types, I kept my stock resonators to maintain some sort of sanity. I've never received as many compliments as I do now.
where did you get the H pipe from? did you just order one from Kooks for an older model?

yes im aware of the laws regarding catalytic converters. we dont have to pass emission tests where i live and most mechanics in the area will throw an inspection sticker on just about anything.
crev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #6

Region: Colorado
Did you see hp gains with the Kooks 1 7/8 lt
nculp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
where did you get the H pipe from? did you just order one from Kooks for an older model?

yes im aware of the laws regarding catalytic converters. we dont have to pass emission tests where i live and most mechanics in the area will throw an inspection sticker on just about anything.
I ordered them thru myself I had the best prices!! Lol
Old 08-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

I ordered them thru myself I had the best prices!! Lol
Lmao
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust