Need Help Quick - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Angry Need Help Quick

Does anyone know of a reliable performance shop in the Houston area capable of performing custom tuning on a new ECM ??

Here's my problem.. I purchased a 2010 GT premium about 1 year ago I purchased it ford certified pre-owned or so I thought upon driving It I realized it was not a stock car. The head mechanic at the service department said it was camed and had been tuned so that voided the ford warranty. To make me happy the dealer signed and notarized a letter with my attorney present stating they would be responsible for any damaged to the power train up to 100K miles. I bout the car with 38K it now has 49K thanks to the recent trip to Mustang Week and a few other trips. One the way back third gear started going out. Took the car back to the dealer I purchased it from they sent it out to get the transmission rebuilt upon receiving the car back the call me and say that the ECM is out an there going to install a new ECM and retune it by using the tune for that VIN. I kindly informed him that the car is heavily mortified (like I bought it) that a factory tune wouldn't work due to the cams and stuff that it needed to have a custom tune done so they could input the supporting mods. There going to pay to have it done but don't currently know of anyplace that does this.

If anyone knows of a great and professional place in the Houston area please help me out so the faith of my stang is not in the hands of totally clueless people. Price is no problem due to i'm not paying for it I just want it done right.
kript2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Brenspeed now has a facility in cedar hill , I know it's a drive from Houston but if you can't find one there it might be your best bet
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Try searching for one in Houston.i know I was at a meet a couple years ago in Katy and there was tuner shop there with there cars but unfortanatly bro don't know te place but was in Houston.hope you get things updated
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kript2night View Post
Does anyone know of a reliable performance shop in the Houston area capable of performing custom tuning on a new ECM ??

Here's my problem.. I purchased a 2010 GT premium about 1 year ago I purchased it ford certified pre-owned or so I thought upon driving It I realized it was not a stock car. The head mechanic at the service department said it was camed and had been tuned so that voided the ford warranty. To make me happy the dealer signed and notarized a letter with my attorney present stating they would be responsible for any damaged to the power train up to 100K miles. I bout the car with 38K it now has 49K thanks to the recent trip to Mustang Week and a few other trips. One the way back third gear started going out. Took the car back to the dealer I purchased it from they sent it out to get the transmission rebuilt upon receiving the car back the call me and say that the ECM is out an there going to install a new ECM and retune it by using the tune for that VIN. I kindly informed him that the car is heavily mortified (like I bought it) that a factory tune wouldn't work due to the cams and stuff that it needed to have a custom tune done so they could input the supporting mods. There going to pay to have it done but don't currently know of anyplace that does this.

If anyone knows of a great and professional place in the Houston area please help me out so the faith of my stang is not in the hands of totally clueless people. Price is no problem due to i'm not paying for it I just want it done right.
Chris' car doc. North east Houston (north of the 8 on 59 if I recall.

http://www.chriscardoc.com/

Specialize in mustangs.

Very good prices and quick turnaround.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT