Honest question about selling rims and tires. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SystemCritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 210
Honest question about selling rims and tires.

Hey everyone. So I've pondering the idea of maybe selling my stock Bembro rims and Pirelli tires. I have 255/45 R19 on the front and 285/35 R19 on the back. Also have the two 45s that I pulled off the back when I went with a wider tire. The 255s have about 2k on them and the 285s have about 100 miles on them. Rims are in perfect condition. Had a scratch on one that I immediately had repaired. I'm just honest that way.

My question. Is this something worth even attempting? Or is there a place that would take some sort of trade-in? I would like something a little more aggressive like Drifts. Also would like to change the rubber to Nitto 555s.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
SystemCritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 210
Oops, I have 285/40 R19 on the back. My mistake. Only 0.2 inches between the two sizes.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
You can go to the for sale forum and see everyone asking top dollar for there wheels. Might give you an idea...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
SystemCritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 210
I see that. Crazy part though is I just paid close to a grand for those rear tires I have.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
I see that. Crazy part though is I just paid close to a grand for those rear tires I have.
Damn bro...Good luck selling those tires. Not a fan of the P's
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SystemCritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

Damn bro...Good luck selling those tires. Not a fan of the P's
Yeah, I might be stuck.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post

Yeah, I might be stuck.
You can try Tire59, they take trades and have some nice wheels there....
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
I sold my stock brembo's and Goodyear tires for 1500. They are pretty easy to sell.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Keep them as spares, when you get your other rims and tires. Are you going for a summer tire? Good thing I looked, doubt you will need them for snow in Texas, again, just maybe....
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ericd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 18
I sold mine on Craigslist. Frees up more cash for more car parts.
Ericd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigBry0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spring Lake
Region: Michigan
Posts: 77
What about this?

have you looked at American muscle, their AMR wheels look just like the SVE Drifts and I just got 2 18"x10" for under $300 shipped. I mounted my Nitto 555R 285/40ZR18 Drag radials on them just for the trips to the strip. It's just a thought, I hope it helps you out in some way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back L side view resized.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	122975  
BigBry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
Hey everyone. So I've pondering the idea of maybe selling my stock Bembro rims and Pirelli tires. I have 255/45 R19 on the front and 285/35 R19 on the back. Also have the two 45s that I pulled off the back when I went with a wider tire. The 255s have about 2k on them and the 285s have about 100 miles on them. Rims are in perfect condition. Had a scratch on one that I immediately had repaired. I'm just honest that way.

My question. Is this something worth even attempting? Or is there a place that would take some sort of trade-in? I would like something a little more aggressive like Drifts. Also would like to change the rubber to Nitto 555s.
Did ford fix the scratch or someone else?
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
SystemCritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

Did ford fix the scratch or someone else?
Their was a local company that I took it to. Took about 2 hours. They sanded it down and repainted. If I didn't say anything you would never notice. It was minor curb rash. Cost me about 2 bills.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
You can go to the for sale forum and see everyone asking top dollar for there wheels. Might give you an idea...
I have a stock set of GT wheels on the classifieds for $600 + shipping. That is wheels, Pirelli zero 235/50 zr 18 tires with only 72 miles on them and the TPMS. That is far from top dollar. Buying mine including shipping is like getting a 25-30 percent discount. They literally have 72 miles on the wheels, tires and TPMS. When I traded in my V6 I swapped the tires as soon as I got the GT home. Right now the stock GT wheels are packed up in the American Muscle boxes my AMR's came in and waiting for a buyer.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post

I have a stock set of GT wheels on the classifieds for $600 + shipping. That is wheels, Pirelli zero 235/50 zr 18 tires with only 72 miles on them and the TPMS. That is far from top dollar. Buying mine including shipping is like getting a 25-30 percent discount. They literally have 72 miles on the wheels, tires and TPMS. When I traded in my V6 I swapped the tires as soon as I got the GT home. Right now the stock GT wheels are packed up in the American Muscle boxes my AMR's came in and waiting for a buyer.
Yea I know the brembo style wheels are like $250 a piece so getting them and tires for less than a grand is a good deal.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:31 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.