Clutch line install and bleeding? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Clutch line install and bleeding?

I can't find the how to anywhere. I bough the SR Performance clutch line because I get the clutch pedal sticking issue every once in a while.

I think I won't have any problem installing it but I have no clue how to bleed it. I've read somewhere that the 2013 clutch is "self bleeding" and I have to pump the clutch about 100 times. But do I have to catch fluid somewhere?

If anyone has done this please explain. Thanks!
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Follow this... Ours is almost the same.

Clutch Care
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Follow this... Ours is almost the same.

Clutch Care
Thanks. However this doesn't cover the "self bleeding" feature of our 5.0s
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
turkey baster most of the old fluid out of the brake MC, replace it with your choice, pump the brakes about 5X and the clutch about 100. That's it.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
turkey baster only if changing the fluid....just as mentioned pump the clutch a gazillion times, check fluid level but unless you spilled it'll be fine. Myself and others have had to repeat the next day.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

No, it is self bleeding just pump (insert snide comment here)
Old 08-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Just changed mine to a JHR SS line. The only hard part is the PITA little retaining clips! There's no room between the body/trans hump and the trans to get your hands in there to snap the retaining clips in. I shot one somewhere and cannot find it! My car is down because I cannot get a new clip. I was able to use the one from the top on the bottom so that way the bottom was done and when I DO GET a new clip installing it won't be such a PITA!
Bleeding is easy. Just pump the peddle a bunch of time. Holding the peddle to the floor seems to speed this up some as the air is lighter that the fluid. This is a trick I used on my dirt bikes before a race to make sure there was no air in the brake or clutch lines. KTM's use a hydraulic clutch. I'd wrap tie downs around the levers, pull them tight, and leave it sit. The pressure would force the air to the reservoirs.
ANYONE KNOW WERE I CAN GET A NEW RETISNING CLIP? They should be the same from 2005-2014 if I'm not mistaken?
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I would try making one out of a paper clip...Yankee Farmer

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

too late but long needle nose pliers are a help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT