Service advancetrac...AGAIN - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Service advancetrac...AGAIN

I swear this car has been completely perfect if it were not for the fact that for the 4th time now the service advancetrac light had come on. It's been to the dealer every time and is up to date on all services. Just had it in there for its 21k mile oil change( I go every 4k). The light comes on at random times and it never goes off once it turns on. Last time it was at the dealer 4 days for them to say it needed a brake module. That was replaced and now here we are again.. Sorry for venting but guess its bak to the dealer again tomorrow
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
At least your cylinders aren't misfiring like mine.. this will be the 4th time for them to tell me they fixed it lol
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I guess a decent running engine is better than not having traction control! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Haha yea very true! But yep I know how ya feel bro, goin back and forth with the dealer trying to get anything done is a pain..
Old 08-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I swear this car has been completely perfect if it were not for the fact that for the 4th time now the service advancetrac light had come on. It's been to the dealer every time and is up to date on all services. Just had it in there for its 21k mile oil change( I go every 4k). The light comes on at random times and it never goes off once it turns on. Last time it was at the dealer 4 days for them to say it needed a brake module. That was replaced and now here we are again.. Sorry for venting but guess its bak to the dealer again tomorrow
Are you running stock wheels/tires?

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Are you running stock wheels/tires?
Yes right now I am. Sold my gt500s for forged wheels
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes right now I am. Sold my gt500s for forged wheels
Are the revolutions per mile different from front to rear?

That can cause the advancetrac to freak out.

Mine are slightly different... And I get the dash error are wheel lock turns.

But if you have a greater difference, it could generate it more frequently.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Check the lemon law in your state if it continues you may want to talk to a lawyer. You might get some serious satisfaction from Ford for sure. When I lived in Pennsylvania I knew a lady who had a Chrysler convertible of some kind she took it in over a dozen times for multiple problems some were repeats. She got a lawyer and Chrysler ended up buying her car back.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Are the revolutions per mile different from front to rear?

That can cause the advancetrac to freak out.

Mine are slightly different... And I get the dash error are wheel lock turns.

But if you have a greater difference, it could generate it more frequently.
No they aren't. My car is untuned and I never even changed the setting when I had the gt500s, but the light came on twice before them, once during, and now after. It's always been something different, and I've tried to stay at the same dealer. I'm thinking I need to try a different one. The one I go to is huge, where I bought my car, and has great customer service ratings. There have been a number of times however that the service managers have had no clue at all what they were talking about and I don't think they even know what's wrong with it. Everytime I ask to see what the mechanics notes were on the car they tell me they will show me at billing and then they don't. I never get the chance to see what the mechanic tried to fix it.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Check the lemon law in your state if it continues you may want to talk to a lawyer. You might get some serious satisfaction from Ford for sure. When I lived in Pennsylvania I knew a lady who had a Chrysler convertible of some kind she took it in over a dozen times for multiple problems some were repeats. She got a lawyer and Chrysler ended up buying her car back.
Well I don't know if that would work for a advancetrac issue, but it sure is annoying to deal with. Every time I have taken it in they have claimed a different thing was the problem also, but it has all been a temporary patch. A week or maybe two later and the light will be right back on.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yea same here they won't show me what they did to try to fix my issue.. so after this visit If it happens again I'm goin to fight for the lemon law.. I work for ford which doesn't mean much in my situation but I'm goin to go to the union and see if I can get in touch with some higher ups and get the ball rolling. A guy in a department over from me bought a focus from the same dealership and had multiple transmission issues and other propblems, didn't get anywhere with the dealership so he went above them and they ended up giving him an upgrade to the focus titanium.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
Yea same here they won't show me what they did to try to fix my issue.. so after this visit If it happens again I'm goin to fight for the lemon law.. I work for ford which doesn't mean much in my situation but I'm goin to go to the union and see if I can get in touch with some higher ups and get the ball rolling. A guy in a department over from me bought a focus from the same dealership and had multiple transmission issues and other propblems, didn't get anywhere with the dealership so he went above them and they ended up giving him an upgrade to the focus titanium.
I like to upgrade to a low mileage 2013 lol. Everything they make for the 13-14 is worlds ahead of the 2010-2012 in the appearance section. But id never expect that to happen, and I doubt it will because they keep claiming different causes to the issue. I'm going to start getting upset though if this keeps happening and my first talk will be with the GM rather than a service manager that doesn't even know what he/she is talking about.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I'd look up the lemon law for your state and see what it takes to be a lemon, in Ohio its within the first year of owning or the first 18k miles whichever comes first. After that I'm screwed and I'm at 12300 atm. But I might be different for you. And yea I love my 13 but I would love to upgrade to a 14 or better package lol and I think its 3 times trying to fix the same problem which you have.. even tho they say it's caused by different things.. it might be worth talking to a lemon law lawyer, they don't get paid unless they get you a new ride lol so it might be worth it for a new 13/14
Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I read about the lemon law more thoroughly and you might be charged for miles driven before first problem (10 cents a mile or something like that)... And the attorneys shouldn't get paid by you the dealership should pay them.. hopefully that helps if your interested in going that route!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Here in Texas the lemon law requirement is this:

The Four Times Test

You pass this test if you have taken your vehicle to the dealership for repair

twice for the same problem within the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first;

and

twice more during the 12 months or 12,000 miles following the second repair attempt,

and

the problem continues to exist.

If you meet these requirements, you can file through the DMV for $35.00 and they will mediate the claim.

I am not an attorney, I only play one on the Internet.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT