Suspension - GT/Track Pack/Brembo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Suspension - GT/Track Pack/Brembo

Ok, so I've seen a few post on here referring to differences in suspension components between the sub-models. I've done some searching but haven't found anything.

I have a 13 BBP w/Track Pack.

I'm doing suspension soon and want to make sure I get the right stuff.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Brembo50.com - Home

This'll tell you all about the BBP, which is the same suspension stuff as your track pack.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What are you looking to do?
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW12GT View Post
What are you looking to do?
I found the info. There is quite a bit of difference from a standard GT.

That being said, what I would like to do is lower the car an inch and increase performance. It's a DD with a monthly trip to the track. Hopefully going FI from Brenspeed early next year.

So with the addition suspension upgrades supposedly added with these options do I need to go all out and redo my suspension top to bottom or can I just get some lowering springs? I'm a complete noob when I comes to suspension.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Im looking into doing the exact same as you! Mine is currently my DD and am looking to lower over the winter. From my understanding and what I've gathered, everyone seems to say different. I've only really read about lowering 1 inch. Alot say while your installing new springs and everythings apart, might as well install new shocks and struts to finish off that end since the oem brembo shocks will likely need replaced sooner and you wont like the ride. Also new strut mounts. If only an inch, a alignment shop should be able to get it into spec if out. Im curious to see what more say as well!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Consider Shocks/Struts/Springs and adjustable Panhard bar 1 mod. They should be all done together and are a great first step. If you got the monies, Koni Yellows are great for an adjustable setup and Strange is a great budget full adjustable setup too. If you want to go cheaper the Koni Strt's are about the same as the yellows on full soft. Springs depend on how low you want to go. BMR is probably the best for the panhard bar.
Budwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm kinda reading the same. So basically you can get away with waiting on the uca, lca, and relo bracket. Everything else you do in one shot. Springs, shocks, mounts, caster/camber stuff, and adj panhard bar.

So, I've been quoted around $1800 for everything w/o install. I may just getter all done.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a Quote for suspension along with some links to look at.

BMR Lowering Kit http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=182

Roush Front Struts http://www.brenspeed.com/401297.html

Roush Rear Shocks http://www.brenspeed.com/401298.html

BMR upper control Arm and Mount as a combo http://www.brenspeed.com/ucm001.html http://www.brenspeed.com/utca019.html

Whiteline Adjustable Lower Control arms http://www.brenspeed.com/kta140.html
Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
So, I've been quoted around $1800 for everything w/o install. I may just getter all done.
That is pretty high.
Budwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Does seem a little high for shocks/struts, springs, mounts and panhard. How come so many people do uca, lca and relo bracket when lowering, even for an inch?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does seem a little high for shocks/struts, springs, mounts and panhard. How come so many people do uca, lca and relo bracket when lowering, even for an inch?
That's kinda my question? Do I need to? It's a DD with an occasion weekend pass at the track. Are the alleged upgraded suspension part of the track pack good enough?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I always recommend people try to maximise what they have before changing stuff. You may find you are ok but, even if you aren't, you'll have actual data and impressions to base your decisions upon, not heresay or suggestions from people that ain't you.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I always recommend people try to maximise what they have before changing stuff. You may find you are ok but, even if you aren't, you'll have actual data and impressions to base your decisions upon, not heresay or suggestions from people that ain't you.
Well I think I'm set on a BMR lowering package and Koni adj struts/shocks. See how she does. If needed then do the UCA and LCA.

That will give me a 1" drop in the front and a 1.25" drop in the back.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

No safer choice than that, if you're going to mod it.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
No safer choice than that, if you're going to mod it.
Yeah, just can't stand the 4x4 stance. Plus if it adds a little to the handling, then great. More appearance for me at this point. Control arms when I'm ready to hit the track more.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I sent you a PM. There are a lot of options when choosing the right suspension, the fact you stated your car is a DD will help when deciding which suspension setup to go with. 1800 is a bit much, actually too much for what you were looking at for parts. I would stay around from the Roush dampers, as a person that spends a lot of time testing suspension I can tell you first hand their dampers lack.... along with the FRPP. Koni has been the best option for those looking to increase performance, maintain comfort ability and not go crazy on spending. The koni STR.T (non-adjustable) are a great upgrade and are night and day compared to the Roush. The rest will fall into place when you decide the most important part of the suspension.... a set of dampers that mate well with springs.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I sent you a PM. There are a lot of options when choosing the right suspension, the fact you stated your car is a DD will help when deciding which suspension setup to go with. 1800 is a bit much, actually too much for what you were looking at for parts. I would stay around from the Roush dampers, as a person that spends a lot of time testing suspension I can tell you first hand their dampers lack.... along with the FRPP. Koni has been the best option for those looking to increase performance, maintain comfort ability and not go crazy on spending. The koni STR.T (non-adjustable) are a great upgrade and are night and day compared to the Roush. The rest will fall into place when you decide the most important part of the suspension.... a set of dampers that mate well with springs.
Just responded to you. Thanks, talk to you soon.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
If looks are your main concern then yes LCAs and UCA can wait. My Brembo car had terrible wheel hop so I did Steeda upper and lower. Huge difference in traction and handling regardless if you track the car or not. For my driving the stock sway bars and shocks/struts are great. I have very little body roll. I'm looking at lowering an inch for appearance as well.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Im looking to do the same. Mainly looking to lower for looks and get slight handling benefits from doing it. I dont autocross, occasional drag strip, DD at the moment. I was looking at frpp p springs with either stock brembo dampers or koni's, mounts and panhard bar. See some said uca and lca can wait. Do most change them for better handling & performance or saw somewhere to readjust driveline angle?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im looking to do the same. Mainly looking to lower for looks and get slight handling benefits from doing it. I dont autocross, occasional drag strip, DD at the moment. I was looking at frpp p springs with either stock brembo dampers or koni's, mounts and panhard bar. See some said uca and lca can wait. Do most change them for better handling & performance or saw somewhere to readjust driveline angle?
Contact Jayman. He's got a lot of knowledge on suspension. He hooked me up at a very competitive price.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT