Boss IM and TB Installed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Boss IM and TB Installed!

So I got it in the mail today and installed along with the BBK 85mm TB. I returned the tune to stock and depressurized the fuel system before I started. It took about 4 hrs total including vacuuming the sand from the valley area and cleaning the heads and valve covers. There was a lot of dirt and sand under there. I guess the JLT oil separator is doing its job because there was very little oil compared to other pics I've seen. I used the Ford cover and install kits. I spliced the purge valve electrical connector and routed it to its proper place on the left rear of the manifold. I uploaded the new Bama 93 race tune and WOW. I took it on a 30 min test drive and I can tell you I DID NOT lose any torque down low. Unless I had a bad tune before it pulls a lot stronger down low and holy crap high! I thought my Mustang drove great with just the race tune but I can say there is a HUGE improvement all the way around. The throttle response is way better too. Can't wait to get to the track in September. Well, just sharing my thoughts for those of you that may be thinking of doing it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130814_021324.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	123698

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130814_021427.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	123699
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Great job man, she looks good. I love my Boss IM. Now please remove that sound tube and destroy it with fire, lol.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Great job man, she looks good. I love my Boss IM. Now please remove that sound tube and destroy it with fire, lol.
Thanks. LOL I removed the foam inserts and love the sound inside the cabin.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
So I got it in the mail today and installed along with the BBK 85mm TB. I returned the tune to stock and depressurized the fuel system before I started. It took about 4 hrs total including vacuuming the sand from the valley area and cleaning the heads and valve covers. There was a lot of dirt and sand under there. I guess the JLT oil separator is doing its job because there was very little oil compared to other pics I've seen. I used the Ford cover and install kits. I spliced the purge valve electrical connector and routed it to its proper place on the left rear of the manifold. I uploaded the new Bama 93 race tune and WOW. I took it on a 30 min test drive and I can tell you I DID NOT lose any torque down low. Unless I had a bad tune before it pulls a lot stronger down low and holy crap high! I thought my Mustang drove great with just the race tune but I can say there is a HUGE improvement all the way around. The throttle response is way better too. Can't wait to get to the track in September. Well, just sharing my thoughts for those of you that may be thinking of doing it.
Looking good! I just recently did a very similar install on my 5 O and I absolutely love it. A Larger throttle body, Boss IM, CAI and Bama tune is one of the best combos out there when it comes to power!

You can definitely expect to head towards the 11 sec mark in the quarter mile! Keep up the great work and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Did you install the 3.31s or did it come with them? I've got the same car but mine came with 3.15s.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I am so jealous!! I have a CAI, 85mm TB and tune already - I plan on getting new headers, h-pipe and cutback, then getting the Boss Intake.

Your post made me very excited! I was afraid I was going to lose a lot on the low end, but it sounds like that isn't the case. I can't wait!! Enjoy the mod friend - It looks (and sounds) great!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Looking good! I just recently did a very similar install on my 5 O and I absolutely love it. A Larger throttle body, Boss IM, CAI and Bama tune is one of the best combos out there when it comes to power!

You can definitely expect to head towards the 11 sec mark in the quarter mile! Keep up the great work and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Thanks Dan. I emailed Bama because I want to data log just to make sure the tune is perfect. I need to know what pids and conditions as well as whether to use the SCT tuner or the Livelink gen 2 software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Did you install the 3.31s or did it come with them? I've got the same car but mine came with 3.15s.
Mine came stock with 3.31s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post
I am so jealous!! I have a CAI, 85mm TB and tune already - I plan on getting new headers, h-pipe and cutback, then getting the Boss Intake.

Your post made me very excited! I was afraid I was going to lose a lot on the low end, but it sounds like that isn't the case. I can't wait!! Enjoy the mod friend - It looks (and sounds) great!
Thanks. I know I didn't lose anything on the low end. I gained! Like I said maybe my previous tune was week down low but it's awesome now. Do it! I'll be doing long tubes when I get back stateside. I already fail the German inspection with just axlebacks.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Mine came stock with 3.31s

Thanks
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I just took it out for a spin on the autobahn area with no speed limit. Holy Crap! I hit 160 really fast and let off because yes I got scared! lol. This intake is awesome.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just took it out for a spin on the autobahn area with no speed limit. Holy Crap! I hit 160 really fast and let off because yes I got scared! lol. This intake is awesome.
BAH!!! Seriously? Oh man... I gotta order it - I'll put off the exhaust upgrade.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

cant wait till I get mine but im letting the bumper to bumper warranty run out first
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

[QUOTE=2013fiveO;1759686]Thanks Dan. I emailed Bama because I want to data log just to make sure the tune is perfect. I need to know what pids and conditions as well as whether to use the SCT tuner or the Livelink gen 2 software./QUOTE]

That sounds good! Work with the Bama team, they can help you out with datalogging and any questions you may have.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me or if you need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 08-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Interesting a TB and intake with no loss of low end power, that's what I'm afraid of ?

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
Interesting a TB and intake with no loss of low end power, that's what I'm afraid of ?
I've had my Mustang for over a year and know how strong the stock and Bama race tune was before the Boss IM and throttle body install. I definitely have more power down low. Maybe it is the throttle body or the new tune but the power is def there. Way more pep down low and my tires break loose a lot easier now.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I forgot to mention I have a auto with 315 gears, there just has been so many negative reviews on the intake but this is the first I read with a TB. I wish I knew some one in the New Orleans area with this mod on a auto so I could check it out ?

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #16

Region: Ohio
I'm curious, what are you running your redline at now that you've got the Boss IM installed?
Uncle Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Bama says it is set to 7600 with the Boss intake.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rusty View Post
I'm curious, what are you running your redline at now that you've got the Boss IM installed?
Quote:
Bama says it is set to 7600 with the Boss intake.
^ This is correct. I get ready to shift on my car right around 7,300 because your reaction time is always going to be a sec behind your engine. This will insure that you shift right around 7,500-7,600!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
^ This is correct. I get ready to shift on my car right around 7,300 because your reaction time is always going to be a sec behind your engine. This will insure that you shift right around 7,500-7,600!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 08-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'm gonna order one up tonight after work from AM! I can't wait!!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post
I'm gonna order one up tonight after work from AM! I can't wait!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT