Steeda Sport Springs and uca? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Steeda Sport Springs and uca?

Just bought the Steeda sport springs, Steeda adjustable panhard, BMR relo brackets, and Eibach camber adjustment bolts.

1. Since the drop is 1/1.25 do you think I'll need the camber bolts for alignment? I got them because some say you do and some say you don't need em.

2. I have the Steeda NON adjustable UCA. Will I be ok with just the relo brackets for the lower or do I need an adjustable UCA too?

I did search but couldn't exactly answer my questions. Thanks.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
With a 1" drop in front there is no need for camber bolts, your camber will still be well within manufacturer specs.

You will also be fine with the fixed uca. The adjustable ones allow you to correct pinion angle, but there is a tolerance for the measurement, and as long as Steeda says your lowered car will be fine on that uca there should be no need for an adjustable piece.

Relo brackets would be great to compliment the lcas, but I would highly recommend replacing those as well. The stamped steel and rubber bushings offer very little to support the rear end when under heavy load

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

GrabberBlue5.0, thanks for the reply. I do have Steeda chromoly lcas already so I bought the relo brackets to adjust them when I install the springs. I contacted Steeda and they said :

I might be able to get away without the camber bolts, but I should use them if I'm not going to upgrade the strut mounts, too much camber will wear front tires out unevenly and faster than they should, that gets expensive in a hurry.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

For what it's worth, I installed Steeda Sports on my '14 GT and when I had my toe corrected, the tech said my front camber was -1.0, which is still within Ford spec. Skip the camber bolts, my friend.
larrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimus View Post
For what it's worth, I installed Steeda Sports on my '14 GT and when I had my toe corrected, the tech said my front camber was -1.0, which is still within Ford spec. Skip the camber bolts, my friend.
Thanks!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
GrabberBlue5.0, thanks for the reply. I do have Steeda chromoly lcas already so I bought the relo brackets to adjust them when I install the springs. I contacted Steeda and they said :

I might be able to get away without the camber bolts, but I should use them if I'm not going to upgrade the strut mounts, too much camber will wear front tires out unevenly and faster than they should, that gets expensive in a hurry.
Did you get any noise from the lca, I've been looking at the steeda chrome Molly ones.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Did you get any noise from the lca, I've been looking at the steeda chrome Molly ones.
No noise at all. They greatly improved traction and got rid of about 75% of my wheel hop. Once I installed the Steeda upper wheel hop is pretty much gone now.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

High quality part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130315_142121.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	124109
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post

Camber bolts really aren't necessary or really even useful. They are known for breaking which is less than useful. I also flipped my strut mounts around to give myself more negative camber and I was still only out of spec by .1* on one side with FRPP p springs, I actually don't personally know anyone using camber bolts at all and 90% of S197 mustang owners I know are lowered

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Camber bolts really aren't necessary or really even useful. They are known for breaking which is less than useful. I also flipped my strut mounts around to give myself more negative camber and I was still only out of spec by .1* on one side with FRPP p springs, I actually don't personally know anyone using camber bolts at all and 90% of S197 mustang owners I know are lowered
Old 08-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimus View Post
+1
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT