Tuning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Tuning

How do you get the stock tune onto the sct tuner. This is my dd so I need to make sure I am doing this right. And I can't seem to find the answer.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Should be an option on the tuner that says return to stock.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
When you load your first tune it automatically saves a copy of the stock tune. Then use the SCT device updater software to save a copy to your computer in case something happens down the line. I would also back it up to a disk or usb drive to be safe.

Also, MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE TUNING.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

But isn't it already stock. I thought I had to save the tune from the car onto the sct device.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
When you load your first tune it automatically saves a copy of the stock tune. Then use the SCT device updater software to save a copy to your computer in case something happens down the line. I would also back it up to a disk or usb drive to be safe.
Ok. Thank y'all. Big help. I've heard horror stories of car getting blocked and I didn't want that to happen to mine considering its my dd. thanks again guys.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Also. Do y'all unplug the fuses like they suggest. Heater, fuel pump, and radio fuses.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

? Yes when you load your first custom tune the tuner will download a copy of your stock (Ford) tune and save it on the tuner.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Old 08-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
As 5 0 said, put a charger on it and make sure the door is shut and everything off.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I edited my first post to say: Also, MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE TUNING.

My first tuning experience was horrible. I had the Diablosport intune that wiped my PCM and it had to be replaced. From what I've read most tuning problems happen when the battery doesn't have enough charge to successfully write the tune. The first time you tune it takes twice as long because it also downloads your stock tune.

Some guys put a trickle charger on it and some pull the fan fuse. I just ensure the battery is at 100% and I haven't had any issues. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. What's the estimated time for it to do it.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Oops i didnt do that....thankfully everything went smoothly still.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Ok. What's the estimated time for it to do it.
About 15 minutes. Like mentioned above make sure your doors are closed, a/c off, no usb or GPS plugged in and all lights off just to be safe. Nothing that can pull power from the battery.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

About 15 minutes. Like mentioned above make sure your doors are closed, a/c off, no usb or GPS plugged in and all lights off just to be safe. Nothing that can pull power from the battery.
Got a battery charger hooked up. The strategy tune is the one that comes with the tuner and the custom tune. (93 mileage and 93 performance) or the emailed ones correct. As long as I'm using the custom tune. That is the correct one that they emailed me.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Got a battery charger hooked up. The strategy tune is the one that comes with the tuner and the custom tune. (93 mileage and 93 performance) or the emailed ones correct. As long as I'm using the custom tune. That is the correct one that they emailed me.
Are you using the SCT preloaded tunes or a custom tune from a reputable company (Bama, AED, Lund, Steeda, and a few others)? Yes a custom tune should have been emailed to you. You have to use the SCT device update software to load the emailed tune file to the device.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are you using the SCT preloaded tunes or a custom tune from a reputable company (Bama, AED, Lund, Steeda, and a few others)? Yes a custom tune should have been emailed to you. You have to use the SCT device update software to load the emailed tune file to the device.
Yes. Vmp tune. Hope they are reputable. Since you didn't name them. Lol. It work. Can tell a huge difference in throttle response (auto). And for not have any other power adding mods. I am pleased with the results. Any suggestions on little tweaks I can do myself through the tuner. I'm a noobie. I get 5 data logging updates and 5 revision tunes. But I am getting an o/r x pipe hopefully in the next couple months and was going to wait in data logging and revisions until I get that put on.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I've read good things about vmp too. I would data log now to be on the safe side. Even the best tuners make mistakes (human error).
Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've read good things about vmp too. I would data log now to be on the safe side. Even the best tuners make mistakes (human error).
True. Thanks for the info everyone. Big help.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #16

Region: Ohio
I also almost had a nightmare situation on my hands the first time I used the inTune. I ran the web updates, but apparently it never finished getting to the latest update even though it appeared to have finished. I flashed the Bama tune, and then tried to pull my backup and found it didn't exist at all. I thought I was screwed, but I ended up having to finish running the updates, after which my stock PCM respawned on the Intune... kind of a wonky experience using that thing initially.

But yeah, you can also use either a trickle charger, or a remote start battery when flashing, especially if the car has been sitting for a week or more. And make sure to keep an extra backup on of your PCM on your PC and somewhere in the cloud on google drive or dropbox! I wouldn't trust the copy of your PCM on an SCT or Intune any day!

Quote:
I edited my first post to say: Also, MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE TUNING.

My first tuning experience was horrible. I had the Diablosport intune that wiped my PCM and it had to be replaced. From what I've read most tuning problems happen when the battery doesn't have enough charge to successfully write the tune. The first time you tune it takes twice as long because it also downloads your stock tune.

Some guys put a trickle charger on it and some pull the fan fuse. I just ensure the battery is at 100% and I haven't had any issues. Good luck.
Uncle Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I run a VMP tune off and on and have no issues with it. Plus he has sent me free revisions. The times I don't run my VMP tune I'm just playing around tuning myself, nothing more.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I run a VMP tune off and on and have no issues with it. Plus he has sent me free revisions. The times I don't run my VMP tune I'm just playing around tuning myself, nothing more.
Are you just running there performance tune. I didn't see a race tune for them.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Are you just running there performance tune. I didn't see a race tune for them.
You're confusing them with Bama. Justin doesn't put fancy names on his tunes. He gives you a tune he thinks you'll appreciate and then if you want some subtle changes like firmer or softer shifts you just let him know.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
You're confusing them with Bama. Justin doesn't put fancy names on his tunes. He gives you a tune he thinks you'll appreciate and then if you want some subtle changes like firmer or softer shifts you just let him know.
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Second and third shift pretty firm. And fourth is pretty soft. I like it tho.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT