Speed limit? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Yes!
Lmao. Should have seen that coming.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi View Post
2014 Shelby GT500, base coupe, $ 54,800.00
A 2013 GT500 ran 200 mph ( In fact, 202 mph, on a test run at the circular, 7.8-mile Nardo Ring in southern Italy )
Thanks for pointing that out 1Alibi. That sounds closer to reality. Now trying to do 280MPH or an bad cross wind... You might have a problem.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
MGW Shifter (w/EPCO Rally II Shift Knob)
Pcanno167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Lmao. Should have seen that coming.
It's funny you say that. I see people riding with their 'Mustang' hitches like they were factory installed. Option code: D-AZZ. LOL.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
MGW Shifter (w/EPCO Rally II Shift Knob)
Pcanno167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Old guys in VW station wagons cruise at 140mph on the autobahn.
Tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmenzz View Post
Old guys in VW station wagons cruise at 140mph on the autobahn.
We need an autobahn in the USA
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
we have something pretty close down in NM

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

we have something pretty close down in NM
Really?!
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Only if a special license is required please - the average mouthbreather on the roads here isn't safe at 65 much less double that. Tailgating, texting, sudden lane changes, no turn signals. Just yesterday some moron in an SUV starts changing lanes in a two lane exit ramp right into me - no turn signal, nothing - luckily after what seemed like 30 seconds of constant honking she corrected and went back into her lane.

Arrrgh - the roads would be so much better without all the morons on them.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post

Only if a special license is required please - the average mouthbreather on the roads here isn't safe at 65 much less double that. Tailgating, texting, sudden lane changes, no turn signals. Just yesterday some moron in an SUV starts changing lanes in a two lane exit ramp right into me - no turn signal, nothing - luckily after what seemed like 30 seconds of constant honking she corrected and went back into her lane.

Amen to this
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
You can't turn the speed limiter completely off, but you can raise it to a almost unobtainable 255mph. Good luck hitting that in a aerodynamically challenged car like the mustang.
Then I think 200+ mph is awesome for a aerodynamically challenged car? GT500 went a couple ticks over 200. With enough power the GT in stock body form can do that as well!!! Lower it put some 3:08 gears in with a big supercharger or turbo and around 700hp and say hello to 200mph! I would not try it!

Be serious though that 255mph is veyron territory.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Hot rod culture is all about taking something that wasn't designed for something and making it do something completely else.

Your a ****ing ****** if you believe the bull**** of "not designed for it, probably shouldn't do it"...

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

When I hear 200mph I think supercar (or top fuel dragster and those things flip over once in a while from catching air or whatever).

When I hear "hot rod" I think muscle car/drag racing not top speed challenges (which is probably why I just think of my mustang as a cheap sporty/muscle car with a live axle since drag racing holds zero interest for me).

That's just me though.

Oh yeah, here's a bunch of asterisks to better fit in: **** ****** **** ********** But seriously - calling someone a ****** because you disagree with them? Is this high school or something?
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #48
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
Hot rod culture is all about taking something that wasn't designed for something and making it do something completely else.

Your a ****ing ****** if you believe the bull**** of "not designed for it, probably shouldn't do it"...
Not very mature or intelligent. In fact I believe quite the opposite of what you say. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean you should or you were meant to. People have fallen from airplanes at over 10000 feet without a parachute and survived. People have lived to tell about being shot in the head. People swallow swords and fire. People weren't designed to do any of these things but somehow people have done it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Not very mature or intelligent. In fact I believe quite the opposite of what you say. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean you should or you were meant to. People have fallen from airplanes at over 10000 feet without a parachute and survived. People have lived to tell about being shot in the head. People swallow swords and fire. People weren't designed to do any of these things but somehow people have done it
Exactly. I agree. Just the point i was trying to make.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post

Guess im a ******** **** * * **** ******* ***** ******* **** ******** then.

What you said makes no sense. Hot rodding entails making extreme modifications and building cars to make them do what you want whether its drag, auto x, or speed runs.... Not buying a stock mustang off the show room floor, and expecting it to do 200mph safely. Have fun pushing your car to do "things it wasn't supposed to", just dont come around here crying when you brake something, or wreck it.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I give up since apparently no one even reads the previous posts. I clearly stated the car IS capable just not built to do it safely. I also was talking about doing it on the street, not a track. But go ahead and waste your money.

You can sugarcoat it and throw examples, stories, testimonials, and blah blah blah, at me all you want. But as Dwc stated, these cars were not designed to be 200+mph cars. They are a high performance machine, on a budget. Corners were cut, on the suspension and aerodynamics, so that they could provide stylish looks and a great motor while keeping the cost low. Just because the car CAN do something, it doesn't mean thats what it was built for. Ex. I can put a trailer hitch on my mustang and pull a trailer.... Does that mean Ford designed it for that purpose??
EXACTLY!!!!
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post

I had some dumbass try to share the turning lane with me.... NO!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

It's the man's Mustang. This is still America and I believe he has every right to do as he pleases. If he wants to put wings on his car with flaps to take off then he's absolutely free to do so as long as he clears it with the FAA or whoever.

As far as hating on his OP question I don't understand the mockery in some of the tones.

It's not a pointless mod. Like you said, people ad Boss/GT500 parts to either increase performance or FOR LOOKS. Well, by that very definition a speedo that can clock 220 is technically a better performing part and arguably it adds to the looks.

And everything we do has an ounce or gram of bragging rights to it. If we can't be proud of what we do to our cars then half the funs gone.

These types of comments are neither constructive nor leads to any amicable talk. You don't think it's safe to drive 200MPH then bring up the issues without overstepping the bounds.

Belittling people's ideas whether its stupid or not is pointless and turns an otherwise useful and intelligent forum into a bunch of (or at least a couple of) thread hijacking trolls on the rag.

OP I think if you can put the speedo in your GT go for it. If you can make it work then its a useable show piece.

As for if you can make it fly to 200MPH or even 170/180, just adhere to some of the other commenters saying safety first man. Better look into some suspension and downforce mods. Best to lower center of gravity but our cars sit really high.

Good luck and have fun safely mucking around with your car!
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Lmao. Thats what i was thinking. Its not like you can do 160 on the street, or even the track (with a bolt on car anyway)!
I've gone well over 160 at a mile long drag at a closed down air strip. This was a few years ago on a nitrous trans am.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT