New Member,with a New Car - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Every kid that comes on forums saying parents are going to buy them a brand new car, its always the same response. it makes me laugh. OP you had to have known the responses you were going to get? Mom and dad buying you a brand new 5.0? Lucky. Based on the two vehicles you drove before tells me you aren't ready for a 5.0s power.

Which ever you get, just dont go painting parts of the car colors that makes it look stupid. Please Don't make it ricer status.
I know what power it has, the dealer let me have a long test drive yesterday,including a backroad with no traffic so I could floor it,well I didn't, I know that car has a ton of power, and yes, I knew I was gonna get some blasting responses.

Don't worry, I won't go all "ricer" on it.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Ok,because in typing that's what it seemed, I know it's possible,but the way I have been raised, It's not gonna happen.
After all this is a mustang forum and we are all enthusiasts. We all love mustangs, and it seems like you do to. At least you are not wasting that $18k on a Slomaro but do know this, that 5.0 has more power than you can handle so don't go slinging it around corners showing of to your buddies and end up with a hurt feeling and a totaled car. We want to see you enjoy this car and beautiful pics of it not post up pics of the carnage after the wreak.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Everyone is different. I've had my 3.7 for 2+ years now and have never felt the urge to trade in for a GT. Plenty of power for me.
Said no one ever I'm jk bro
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz

I know what power it has, the dealer let me have a long test drive yesterday,including a backroad with no traffic so I could floor it,well I didn't, I know that car has a ton of power, and yes, I knew I was gonna get some blasting responses.

Don't worry, I won't go all "ricer" on it.
Just make sure it's a manual trans, whatever you get. Auto mustang = boring. Especially for a young teenager. Driving manual you'll actually also be more focused on driving the car. Can't multi-task and drive a manual. Just my 2 cents.
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just make sure it's a manual trans, whatever you get. Auto mustang = boring. Especially for a young teenager. Driving manual you'll actually also be more focused on driving the car. Can't multi-task and drive a manual. Just my 2 cents.
He's getting an auto
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I know the power it has, the only showing off I will do is let them look under the hood,and maybe revving it once and a while.

I wanted a manual, but I've never driven a manual before,so my parents didn't want me getting a manual, and also the area I'm at has a lot of lights and stop and go traffic in places. Plus, the only way I would have insisted on a manual is if I was getting a beat up old GT for under 4-5K,since I haven't driven a manual yet.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know the power it has, the only showing off I will do is let them look under the hood,and maybe revving it once and a while.
The under hood view is breathtaking to a mustang enthusiast but most ppl don't know enough to respect it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130822_145950.png
Views:	223
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	125166

Oh yea
Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Trust me, go with the GT. If you don't you will trade it in a year or two for a GT, just my two cents
Yep agree 1,000,000% because i did it. I bought a V6 premium and exactly 18 months later bought a GT. If you get the 6er you will be happy with it, but you will not be satisfied.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The under hood view is breathtaking to a mustang enthusiast but most ppl don't know enough to respect it.

Attachment 125166

Oh yea
So true,lucky for me, I have a few friends that like stangs, I'm not telling anyone until I drive up to school, and to my friend's house Sunday.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Yep agree 1,000,000% because i did it. I bought a V6 premium and exactly 18 months later bought a GT. If you get the 6er you will be happy with it, but you will not be satisfied.
I looked at it and said 305hp is well enough for me, then the mod bug hit, $3-4k later I'm like with that $3-4k I could've done a lot more to a 5.0.... Hmm I'm going car shopping, next day I'm driving a boss 302 lol.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Everyone is different. I've had my 3.7 for 2+ years now and have never felt the urge to trade in for a GT. Plenty of power for me.
To each is own!
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Oh yea
Damn BoB that is an awesome GoPro shot! I have to have a shot with that perspective \
I run GoPro's on drones that gives me some more ideas
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I'd never buy my kid anything like this. If I was buying they'd get a Fusion or something practical. I don't pay for fun. Mine are 1 and 2 right now so they have a long way to go.
Even though you did work for your money, a new GT with 420 at your age is spoiled.
Ridlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Damn BoB that is an awesome GoPro shot! I have to have a shot with that perspective \
I run GoPro's on drones that gives me some more ideas
Honestly the only reason I took it with a GoPro is BC my phone camera was messed up but it turned out nice.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridlion View Post
I'd never buy my kid anything like this. If I was buying they'd get a Fusion or something practical. I don't pay for fun. Mine are 1 and 2 right now so they have a long way to go.
Even though you did work for your money, a new GT with 420 at your age is spoiled.
Well that's your opinion.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Couldn't disagree more. I heard much the same from a BUNCH of people saying the same thing as you are Ridlion.
When my son was 14 1/2 we bought a '65 mustang and put a HP 302 and he and I build him a hot rod together. He learned about the mechanics of a car AND we have always been very clear. First ticket and that is 1 month without the car. He graduated from HS and washed the car every morning prior to leaving for school never getting in trouble with that car. Now he has the '13 GT / MT (had to learn from scratch driving a manual) It was pretty funny.
He worked his butt off for his first car and showed he could take care of it for 4 years so I had no problem getting this one for him at graduation. He is on full scholarship @ oSu so in my eyes he has earned what he is getting. Many they would say he is spoiled when they don't even know him, but that is not the case. Enjoy your new ride Mustangz, post some pics which ever one you end up getting. You will have a blast, but DO BE CAREFUL.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Couldn't disagree more. I heard much the same from a BUNCH of people saying the same thing as you are Ridlion.
When my son was 14 1/2 we bought a '65 mustang and put a HP 302 and he and I build him a hot rod together. He learned about the mechanics of a car AND we have always been very clear. First ticket and that is 1 month without the car. He graduated from HS and washed the car every morning prior to leaving for school never getting in trouble with that car. Now he has the '13 GT / MT (had to learn from scratch driving a manual) It was pretty funny.
He worked his butt off for his first car and showed he could take care of it for 4 years so I had no problem getting this one for him at graduation. He is on full scholarship @ oSu so in my eyes he has earned what he is getting. Many they would say he is spoiled when they don't even know him, but that is not the case. Enjoy your new ride Mustangz, post some pics which ever one you end up getting. You will have a blast, but DO BE CAREFUL.
I will be careful, and trust me,with all the rules my parents are putting on the car,well lets just say,I'll be driving it like the Vibe we have, just a bit quicker to 5 over.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I will be careful, and trust me,with all the rules my parents are putting on the car,well lets just say,I'll be driving it like the Vibe we have, just a bit quicker to 5 over.
Same thing every time a kid gets a 5.0... Gets called spoiled and everyone questions the parents. Good for you sir. Enjoy that car. Whatever you have or have not earned is nobodies business. Haters gonna hate they say
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
Same thing every time a kid gets a 5.0... Gets called spoiled and everyone questions the parents. Good for you sir. Enjoy that car. Whatever you have or have not earned is nobodies business. Haters gonna hate they say
That's true,but I was expecting it. It's their opinion,doesn't mean they are right. I'm just glad I'll be getting it tomorrow,if everything with the deal works out. I've wanted one since 4th grade.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That's awesome!! Just make sure u take care of it... I see so many dirty, dinged up, fubarred up modern 5.0 Mustangs around me at local meets... Please don't be one of those!! Take care if your your nice new ride... I'm sure u will, prove others wrong

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I firmly believe in this...

http://youtu.be/KZ0R66toOOs
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
That's awesome!! Just make sure u take care of it... I see so many dirty, dinged up, fubarred up modern 5.0 Mustangs around me at local meets... Please don't be one of those!! Take care if your your nice new ride... I'm sure u will, prove others wrong
I don't know why people let 5.0's get so dirty and dinged up,take care of your Mustang, I certainly will.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I firmly believe in this...

http://youtu.be/KZ0R66toOOs
Love that commercial
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Love that commercial
Very good commercial,and the price on the GT is going to be close, we are going to try and make it work, my dad doesn't want to finance more than 20K and it could be anywhere from 18K to 23K that we could end up financing, so I might end up with the other option, a Ruby Red 2014 V6 MCA edition with a performance package.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Very good commercial,and the price on the GT is going to be close, we are going to try and make it work, my dad doesn't want to finance more than 20K and it could be anywhere from 18K to 23K that we could end up financing, so I might end up with the other option, a Ruby Red 2014 V6 MCA edition with a performance package.
Get a used 5.0
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea dont get a sixxer... Nothing wrong with them, but u will regret it when u hear another 5.0 passing by... I'd rather get a lightly used 13 b4 getting a 14 sixxer
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Let's take bids on how long until its wrecked ... I didn't get my first car until my first tour in Iraq lol kids these days hell can they adopt me ? Good luck be safe and don't be the kid trying to race me and looking dumb lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Let's take bids on how long until its wrecked ... I didn't get my first car until my first tour in Iraq lol kids these days hell can they adopt me ? Good luck be safe and don't be the kid trying to race me and looking dumb lol
Kids these days? I graduated hs in 1996. A new Stang wasn't all that special. Many a new BMW or Benz. A couple Vettes and a Viper. High school. All depends on where your at. How old are you? Kids these days...
Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea dont get a sixxer... Nothing wrong with them, but u will regret it when u hear another 5.0 passing by... I'd rather get a lightly used 13 b4 getting a 14 sixxer
we are going to try and get a GT premium with a few ledd options at a local dealer if this one doesn't work out
Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well that's your opinion.
+1 dude, im 18 and have a 2013 5.0 and man its a blast to drive every time I go anywhere! I have a deep impact blue with the comfort package, and its amazing. Youre going to love it, but get the borla s type axle backs, theyre twice as much but sound twice as good as well. But like many others have said, just enjoy it and please don't wreck it dude
2013 gt premium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Kids these days? I graduated hs in 1996. A new Stang wasn't all that special. Many a new BMW or Benz. A couple Vettes and a Viper. High school. All depends on where your at. How old are you? Kids these days...
Lol, he's 24 with a SC car, my money's on his.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol, he's 24 with a SC car, my money's on his.
I know it's sc. It's just odd seeing a kid complain about kids. Ok. Maybe not a kid at 24. Young adult maybe? I'm sure his car is very fast.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

I know it's sc. It's just odd seeing a kid complain about kids. Ok. Maybe not a kid at 24. Young adult maybe? I'm sure his car is very fast.
His car isn't fast,...yet. He's had a couple issues since he installed the supercharger. At one point he wanted to sell it, now he talks it up.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
^^^This is why he gets flamed all the time! He lives in Illinois and is gonna tell someone from Virginia not to race him cuz of how "fast" he is....gimme a break!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

^^^This is why he gets flamed all the time! He lives in Illinois and is gonna tell someone from Virginia not to race him cuz of how "fast" he is....gimme a break!
I realized that today lol. But I still think we all should just chill a little bit. We are on this site BC we all have a passion for stangs. There is no reason for all this high school drama BS.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome and you have one nice 5.0 my parents also bought me my 5.0 and I f***in love it. I'm 16 and those 420 horses OMG be really careful I once lost control of the car these 420 horses are no joke respect the car and she respects back don't try to be a show off one little wrong move you and your car are done. And trust me these cars are really fast and powerful.
Mustang_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Haha trust me after 2 wars I don't feel 24 more Like 30 and we don't need to flame on my car flamers. Just think a kid getting a car from parents is unheard of in my family but hey have fun while you can doesn't even seem like you have a clue which car u can even get lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT