New Member,with a New Car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
New Member,with a New Car

Hi, I just joined today,but I have been visiting the site recently. I am in the process of acquiring a 2013 Red Candy Metallic GT Premium with Recaro seats,electronic package,shaker pro sound system, and reverse sensing and security package. It will be around 36,270. It only has 300 miles on it. The deal is 95% done, I will probably take delivery on the car Friday.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome! Hope everything goes well and congrats! Your gonna love it
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome man ! Can't wait to see pics and future modding!
jaredGTneelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome! Post pics of that mean pony
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Welcome aboard!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the good reception guys, I'll be going to the dealer tomorrow,we are going to probably trade in a different vehicle than what we told them,so it's gonna be a higher price. We are going to do everything we can to get the GT though,but if the deal falls apart,another dealer has a 2014 Ruby Red Mustang Club of America edition V6 with a performance package that is my 2nd option.

If I do get the GT(Probably will) the 1st mods I'm going to make are a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,and 19" black painted wheels.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Thanks for the good reception guys, I'll be going to the dealer tomorrow,we are going to probably trade in a different vehicle than what we told them,so it's gonna be a higher price. We are going to do everything we can to get the GT though,but if the deal falls apart,another dealer has a 2014 Ruby Red Mustang Club of America edition V6 with a performance package that is my 2nd option.

If I do get the GT(Probably will) the 1st mods I'm going to make are a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,and 19" black painted wheels.
Trust me, go with the GT. If you don't you will trade it in a year or two for a GT, just my two cents
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Sad Panda
Staff

good luck mustangz
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome and congrats!
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Trust me, go with the GT. If you don't you will trade it in a year or two for a GT, just my two cents
I am going with the GT,that's what I want. But the V6 i test drove at another dealer is my solid second choice because it is the same color, MCA edition, and has the V6 performance package. Of course,I'd take the GT any day. The one I'm about to get(most likely) as I've stated is a ruby red GT Premium with Recaro's,Shaker Pro sound system, electronic package,and reverse sensing and security package
Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am going with the GT,that's what I want. But the V6 i test drove at another dealer is my solid second choice because it is the same color, MCA edition, and has the V6 performance package. Of course,I'd take the GT any day. The one I'm about to get(most likely) as I've stated is a ruby red GT Premium with Recaro's,Shaker Pro sound system, electronic package,and reverse sensing and security package
Yes and the Recaros are amazing! But you already know that.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes and the Recaros are amazing! But you already know that.
Yes they are, the dealer that had the MCA V6 premium let me test drive it(no Recaro's) good car,nice power,but I need a bit more, it was nice though. Then they let me test a GT with Recaro's,dang those seats are great! Only difference between the tests were,of course, the GT felt lighter on acceleration, and the V6 Premium's suspension was a little stiffer because of the performance package.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Lucky Bastard
Old 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks,I think... After I install the aftermarket exhaust and tires, I'm going to try and get a CAI,and an 85mm throttle body installed, as well as some sway/roll bars.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes they are, the dealer that had the MCA V6 premium let me test drive it(no Recaro's) good car,nice power,but I need a bit more, it was nice though. Then they let me test a GT with Recaro's,dang those seats are great! Only difference between the tests were,of course, the GT felt lighter on acceleration, and the V6 Premium's suspension was a little stiffer because of the performance package.
I owned a '11 3.7 perf pack car and now I have the boss (Recaros, bbp, 3.73s) it's a whole different animal. Also I took the boss to the mountains this past weekend and those Recaros, ummmmm those Recaros lol. They really do hold you in the curves.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I owned a '11 3.7 perf pack car and now I have the boss (Recaros, bbp, 3.73s) it's a whole different animal. Also I took the boss to the mountains this past weekend and those Recaros, ummmmm those Recaros lol. They really do hold you in the curves.
LUCKY,the dealer had a 2013 Boss that was only 300 more sticker price,I wanted it. My parents didn't want to pay the higher insurance,and didn't want me driving a manual yet, and the lack of rebates sealed it,too expensive.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz

LUCKY,the dealer had a 2013 Boss that was only 300 more sticker price,I wanted it. My parents didn't want to pay the higher insurance,and didn't want me driving a manual yet, and the lack of rebates sealed it,too expensive.
Wait...your parents are buying you a $36k car?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Lol lucky kid
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Picture of the GT Premium I will probably get tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	red2013mustang.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	125154  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Wait...your parents are buying you a $36k car?
If you mean the GT,yes.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
V6 might be the best bet for you.. gt is a lot of power for a new driver lol and if you were anything like me and my friends were it won't last too long haha
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
V6 might be the best bet for you.. gt is a lot of power for a new driver lol and if you were anything like me and my friends were it won't last too long haha
That's what my parent's said,before I took them on a test drive using the GT,and told them about the MyKey system(might regret telling them that), so now they are fine getting the GT. Ruby Red V6 MCA edition with performance package is my backup incase we can't finish the deal tomorrow and the deal falls apart.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz
If you mean the GT,yes.
Gotta love spoiled American children. Buy their children brand new 400+ hp cars. Doesn't even pay for the insurance...lmao wow

My first car was a old 1992 Ford Taurus beater that I had to pay 100% for. Lucky kid....be safe
Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what my parent's said,before i took them on a test drive using the GT,and told them about the Mykey system(might regret telling them that), so now they are fine getting the GT. V6 MCA edition with performance package is my backup incase we can't finish the deal tomorrow and the deal falls apart.
No offense but how old are you? And is this your first car? (Sorry if you posted that info already)

36k is a lot of coin to have given to someone... And the reality is most (not all) young drivers will drive over, into, through things and wreck up their cars. To give a newbie a brand new car (even a Kia or Hyundai, or whatever) is a mistake... You should be driving a crap car first... Perfect your driving skills... They work your butt off and earn your own car... Not be given the keys of a 40k car.

Geeze... Things have changed since I was a kid.

And yes, I'm sure there are those of you who will blast me because you are perfect drivers and worked to earn your own car... Blah blah blah. This is about a young driver getting waaaaay too much car ... These are the things that drive up insurance rates when the OP wrecks it.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Gotta love spoiled American children. Buy their children brand new 400+ hp cars. Doesn't even pay for the insurance...lmao wow

My first car was a old 1992 Ford Taurus beater that I had to pay 100% for. Lucky kid....be safe
The only reason they are fine with it is because I don't ask for a lot of things that kids my age have,heck I rarely ask for anything,and I will be putting an 18K downpayment(my money) that I have saved. I will be safe. My parents trust me, it's the other drivers on the road that they don't trust...with good reason, I nearly got T-boned in a pontiac vibe by an F-250 that turned when my lane(farthest right) had the green light,I looked back through my mirror, turning lane had a red light.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
No offense but how old are you? And is this your first car? (Sorry if you posted that info already)

36k is a lot of coin to have given to someone... And the reality is most (not all) young drivers will drive over, into, through things and wreck up their cars. To give a newbie a brand new car (even a Kia or Hyundai, or whatever) is a mistake... You should be driving a crap car first... Perfect your driving skills... They work your butt off and earn your own car... Not be given the keys of a 40k car.

Geeze... Things have changed since I was a kid.

And yes, I'm sure there are those of you who will blast me because you are perfect drivers and worked to earn your own car... Blah blah blah. This is about a young driver getting waaaaay too much car ... These are the things that drive up insurance rates when the OP wrecks it.
No,this isn't my 1st car,I've been driving a 2010 Pontiac vibe,or 2006 F-150, whichever my parents don't need that day.I've been saving since 4th grade for a mustang. I will pay an 18K down
payment whether we get the GT,or V6, and yes, I am a good,safe driver,we checked insurance,my dad will be listed as the primary driver,so it's not much more expensive.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Eh, hope you get the car. At the same time you better take care of it and appreciate the amazing item you are about to receive.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

The only reason they are fine with it is because I don't ask for a lot of things that kids my age have,heck I rarely ask for anything. I will be safe. My parents trust me, it's the other drivers on the road that they don't trust...with good reason, I nearly got T-boned in a pontiac vibe by an F-250 that turned when my lane(farthest right) had the green light,I looked back through my mirror, turning lane had a red light.
Red light, green light, blue light, always assume the other driver is going to f up, it's called defensive driving.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

First the boss will have the same insurance as a 5.0. It's gonna be crazy high on someone your age.

Second, who the FCK buys their kid a $36k NEW sports car?!!!!

I think we need to find this kids parents and give them a what for

Lucky kids these days
Old 08-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Red light, green light, blue light, always assume the other driver is going to f up, it's called defensive driving.
I know that,I was driving safe.right at the speed limit, I sped up to 50 to avoid him because I was already in the intersection.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
First the boss will have the same insurance as a 5.0. It's gonna be crazy high on someone your age.

Second, who the FCK buys their kid a $36k NEW sports car?!!!!

I think we need to find this kids parents and give them a what for

Lucky kids these days
My dad will be listed as the primary driver,we have checked insurance,it won't be much higher,about 30 bucks a month. If you looked at my previous post, I will be putting an 18K downpayment,my money that I have saved.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
Eh, hope you get the car. At the same time you better take care of it and appreciate the amazing item you are about to receive.
I will take great care of it,and I already do appreciate it,they could have just said, no you're getting a used v6, but they didn't
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

18k "my money" that "my parents" gave to me, just saying...... Lol

I'm sorry but the way I was raised, you have to earn what you get. I paid for everyone of my vehicles and insurance except my first "beater" that was $500. I was raised around a lot of rich prick's that never had to earn anything so they don't have respect for their property or others. That's why the world is the way it is now. So many people that don't give two sh1ts about anyone but there selves. Sorry, I had a moment

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote:
I know that,I was driving safe.right at the speed limit, I sped up to 50 to avoid him because I was already in the intersection.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

If you looked at my previous post, I will be putting an 18K downpayment,my money that I have saved.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I will take great care of it,and I already do appreciate it,they could have just said, no you're getting a used v6, but they didn't
I'm not trying to blast you, nor say that you didn't earn it, but I see this way to often and the children turn into disrespectful douch ebags. Not saying you are or will be but....... It's possible
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

+1 I started out in a V6 now I have a GT
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm sorry but the way I was raised, you have to earn what you get. I paid for everyone of my vehicles and insurance except my first "beater" that was $500. I was raised around a lot of rich prick's that never had to earn anything so they don't have respect for their property or others. That's why the world is the way it is now. So many people that don't give two sh1ts about anyone but there selves. Sorry, I had a moment
I know a lot of people especially teens,don't care about things,I'm not one of them, and also, I could have just spent that 18K on other things over the years I have saved it, but I didn't
Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Every kid that comes on forums saying parents are going to buy them a brand new car, its always the same response. it makes me laugh. OP you had to have known the responses you were going to get? Mom and dad buying you a brand new 5.0? Lucky? Not exactly. You're putting a lot of your own money on it so I say hell ya get the 5.0. However, Based on the two vehicles you drove before tells me you may not be ready for a 5.0s power.

Which ever you get, just dont go painting parts of the car colors that makes it look stupid. Please Don't make it ricer status.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I'm not trying to blast you, nor say that you didn't earn it, but I see this way to often and the children turn into disrespectful douch ebags. Not saying you are or will be but....... It's possible
Ok,because in typing that's what it seemed, I know it's possible,but the way I have been raised, It's not gonna happen.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6

+1 I started out in a V6 now I have a GT
Everyone is different. I've had my 3.7 for 2+ years now and have never felt the urge to trade in for a GT. Plenty of power for me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT