Hey im New Here Need Some Help! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
What's your limit? It couldn't be more than $75-100
Called and got it for the same as the other rally shifters. They only had black and white though. If they could make my color, would have paid some where in that range.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlo5oH View Post
I ordered my car in Aug. of 2012 and took delivery of it in Oct. of 2012. While the car was being built, I ordered the following parts and had them in hand when the car arrived: Bassani long tube headers, full Bassani exhaust, DSS driveshaft, Steeda poly motor mounts, Prothane FCA bushings, Metco billet aluminum LCA, Bama handheld tuner, Airaid CAI, and a metco driveshaft safety loop.

When I picked up the car it had 38 miles on it because my damned salesman decided he wanted to drive it before I did. I put another 42 miles on it before I intalled all of the aforementioned parts. The car now has a Nitrous Outlet nozzle kit (100 shot), with a Nano system and makes 519 rwhp and 551 rwtq on the bottle. Current mileage is 4K.
Doesn't that nitrous ware the engine down?
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
MGW Shifter (w/EPCO Rally II Shift Knob)
Pcanno167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcanno167 View Post
Called and got it for the same as the other rally shifters. They only had black and white though. If they could make my color, would have paid some where in that range.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Not if you have all of the recommended safety components (fuel pressure safety switch, colder spark plugs, window switch, good fuel, and a good nitrous tune).
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Not if you have all of the recommended safety components (fuel pressure safety switch, colder spark plugs, window switch, good fuel, and a good nitrous tune).
What's the window switch got to do with it? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote:

Did you ask if they could custom order you one?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What's the window switch got to do with it? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

She said, plainly that they don't offer any other colors for the 2o13 mustangs and GT versions. I originally asked for the type of colors that they offer. I will ask her again tomorrow because I did not get my confirmation email. I assumed that she would have stated if there was a special order requirement.

BTW, is your shifter knob heavy or not?
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You are a brave man. I would be scared ****less! Well of all went bad at least I could order one of those ford racing 5.0s! Lol
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Nitrous is no different then running FI. As long as your tuned properly and not running a huge shot on the stock block its like running a supercharger with low boost
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just called MGW. Spoke with the lady who informed me of the vender which makes the shifters for MGW: EPCOT (508-533-2741). There shifter is 4.5 oz (128grams). my rally color scheme (basic candy red, black labeling and MGW LOGO) will cost $81 and an additional $8.50 for shipping. She said it would take 8-10 business days to ship. I am waging my options now. I want to install the know with my MGW and don't think I could handle waiting another 10 days. Choices, choices, choices...
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just called MGW. Spoke with the lady who informed me of the vender which makes the shifters for MGW: EPCOT (508-533-2741). There shifter is 4.5 oz (128grams). my rally color scheme (basic candy red, black labeling and MGW LOGO) will cost $81 and an additional $8.50 for shipping. She said it would take 8-10 business days to ship. I am waging my options now. I want to install the know with my MGW and don't think I could handle waiting another 10 days. Choices, choices, choices...
I'll tell you from experience. It's better to get what you want now than buying a compromise and still getting what you really want later and it costing you twice as much. If it was me I would have them order it. Also I was going to tell you they ordered them from Epcot but I couldn't remember there name :p
Old 09-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'll tell you from experience. It's better to get what you want now than buying a compromise and still getting what you really want later and it costing you twice as much. If it was me I would have them order it. Also I was going to tell you they ordered them from Epcot but I couldn't remember there name :p
I called again to check the weight variations. They do have a 6 -6.5 oz shifter (170 -184 grams) but no where near the 400 grams That fussy offer. If I get the heavier knobs from EPCOT, I have to give up the rally scheme; they only come in solid moldings. I was thinking if buying a knob, installing the MGW and just using the bare handle until the actual knob from EPCOT arrive....LOL.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I called again to check the weight variations. They do have a 6 -6.5 oz shifter (170 -184 grams) but no where near the 400 grams That fussy offer. If I get the heavier knobs from EPCOT, I have to give up the rally scheme; they only come in solid moldings. I was thinking if buying a knob, installing the MGW and just using the bare handle until the actual knob from EPCOT arrive....LOL.
By the way the web address is Epcoshiftknobs.com
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

By the way the web address is Epcoshiftknobs.com
I've been there will they install the mgw logo on any knob?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've been there will they install the mgw logo on any knob?
At first they told me that they need approval; but since they understood that I was referenced by MGW, they said ok. She put me on hold to ask the question - she may have called MGW.

I think I am going to cancel the black rally shifter that is like yours amped order the red and black one tomorrow morning. I hope it does not slow my shipment down... I am going to ride the car with no shifter for 10 days because I am going to us the 12mm x 1.75, not the OEM handle.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

At first they told me that they need approval; but since they understood that I was referenced by MGW, they said ok. She put me on hold to ask the question - she may have called MGW.

I think I am going to cancel the black rally shifter that is like yours amped order the red and black one tomorrow morning. I hope it does not slow my shipment down... I am going to ride the car with no shifter for 10 days because I am going to us the 12mm x 1.75, not the OEM handle.
It'll be worth it in the long run
Old 09-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I was also looking at them (Epco) yesterday, cause I emailed MGW to see if they have a military discount ... They do ( only 5%, but any little bit helps), and also asked about special color shift knobs, she wrote me back and told me about Epcot.

I went to their site, they have quite a few options, but I do like the candy red, rally ball.. So once I get back from deployment I will be ordering it.. Don't worry, I won't get the MGW Logo... Think I'm gonna go with the 5.0 on the sides..
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Wish I'd known about that 5% 3wks ago.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post
I was also looking at them (Epco) yesterday, cause I emailed MGW to see if they have a military discount ... They do ( only 5%, but any little bit helps), and also asked about special color shift knobs, she wrote me back and told me about Epcot.

I went to their site, they have quite a few options, but I do like the candy red, rally ball.. So once I get back from deployment I will be ordering it.. Don't worry, I won't get the MGW Logo... Think I'm gonna go with the 5.0 on the sides..
Called Julie at MGW to cancel the black and white Shifter. Called Tracy at EPCO to order candy red rally II shifter with tho thick strips running through the numbers (RS-6RUL). That's right; make sure you look at both shift versions for your number settings. There is also a R-6RUL that does not have the two thick black lines running through. Make sure you order the correct one per preference.

Tracy said mine will be here on or before 20 SEP 13 @ $86 (rally II was $6 more) + $8.50 for shipping. Confirmed with Julie that I could use the MGW LOGO....it's good for business too! Thecos54 - don't mind if you copy at all; it's not my invention. I don't think there are any original upgrades left for the mustang. LOL.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Wish I'd known about that 5% 3wks ago.
I wish I had asked too. Could have saved about $20 or so.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

By the way, the MGWs ought to ship today! For those who did not order because of the long wait time, now my be your chance to get the remainder ones on stock shipped immediately!

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:

It'll be worth it in the long run
Yea. Yea thought about it and pulled the trigger. I can ride with the stock knob til the red knob comes. Thanks for all of the info; hell as much as I called I am right behind you so far as being known up there. They almost remember my voice. LOL. Have not found a reason to speak directly with George yet.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Called Julie at MGW to cancel the black and white Shifter. Called Tracy at EPCO to order candy red rally II shifter with tho thick strips running through the numbers (RS-6RUL). That's right; make sure you look at both shift versions for your number settings. There is also a R-6RUL that does not have the two thick black lines running through. Make sure you order the correct one per preference.

Tracy said mine will be here on or before 20 SEP 13 @ $86 (rally II was $6 more) + $8.50 for shipping. Confirmed with Julie that I could use the MGW LOGO....it's good for business too! Thecos54 - don't mind if you copy at all; it's not my invention. I don't think there are any original upgrades left for the mustang. LOL.
Lol I hear you there... I'm sure just about everything you can think of is already been done, unless its personalized.. I saw the different shift pattern charts and what not on there site. I will look into it further once I return... Put a pic up of yours on here when you get it on..

I just saw on MGW Website that they got started making parts for guns and some for military, so I said why not try and see if they have a military discount.. Julie responded very quickly and told me they had 5% off, so I thought I would put that out there for everyone that is military to see...

Thought about starting a thread with different sites discounts for military or just discounts in general... But I guess I should look to see if one has been started already.. Lol
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I hear you there... I'm sure just about everything you can think of is already been done, unless its personalized.. I saw the different shift pattern charts and what not on there site. I will look into it further once I return... Put a pic up of yours on here when you get it on..

I just saw on MGW Website that they got started making parts for guns and some for military, so I said why not try and see if they have a military discount.. Julie responded very quickly and told me they had 5% off, so I thought I would put that out there for everyone that is military to see...

Thought about starting a thread with different sites discounts for military or just discounts in general... But I guess I should look to see if one has been started already.. Lol
Smart move. Mi looked at the military history yesterday too but it did not click at the time. I got to keep that in mind before I retire and lose my benefits...LOL.

I will be sure to post. All of feedback may influence MGW to make more knobs that supports the 6 speed MT-82 trans. They are probably holding back for the possible new trans that will be apart of the 2015 Mustang.

Verifying/staring the military discount post would be a great idea. Let me know what you decide. We can all chip in and make the calls; even start a Spreadsheet That we can periodically update.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Alright I'll think about how it should be done.. I went back on epco's site and this is the one I'm leaning towards... I'll decide a little later though.. Was gonna get 5.0 on the sides...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1654417852.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	127733
Old 09-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright I'll think about how it should be done.. I went back on epco's site and this is the one I'm leaning towards... I'll decide a little later though.. Was gonna get 5.0 on the sides...

Name:   image-3881137606.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  8.0 KB

This is the RS-6RUL numbering version. The one you showed is the R-6RUL number version. Notice the rally stripe difference running through the numbers on the one I displayed. I ordered the candy red (like the one you showed) rally II with the RS style (stripe) numbers and the MGW LOGO. I like the 5.0 too, but who would know if it is a MGW?! And it will be the most unique shifter knob out their for a whole 72 hours! LOL.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Name:   image-2483690301.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:   image-2035999562.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  11.3 KB

This is the rally II shift Knobs. The left one is the RS-6RULThe right is the R-6RUL. Again, notice the numbering differences. That is what you have to specify when you order from EPCO. The information is at the bottom of the page for rally knobs.

When you order whatever you want, make sure you request the same standard as MGW. They have theirs slightly tilted. The one option that you can modify is if you want the knob to fit the 12mm x 1.25 (OEM) or 12 mm x 1.75 (MGW standard).
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

MGW still produces gun parts for military and consumer markets. I think their sales are 50% automotive & 50% firearm parts. That's why their shifters are such high quality BC they build them to the same precision specs as their firearm parts.

And you are making me want to order a orange and black stripe MGW shift knob :/

I love my current one but that would be a nice subtle touch to my car.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
MGW still produces gun parts for military and consumer markets. I think their sales are 50% automotive & 50% firearm parts. That's why their shifters are such high quality BC they build them to the same precision specs as their firearm parts.

And you are making me want to order a orange and black stripe MGW shift knob :/

I love my current one but that would be a nice subtle touch to my car.
No doubt, on MGWs current involvement in gun parts today. Additionally, EPCO makes bowling balls and billiard balls. What we have here is of organizations that have a versatile structure.

I knew you would start rethinking your current set up. LOL! I love orange so much that I was figuring out how to incorporate a orange shifter knob in my candy red mustang! But at least it will go with your orange Boss.

Hey, that was some good advice you gave! Now I just have to get the wifey to understand why I went over my limit! LOL. It will be fun going through the technical data and reasoning that she loves to hate. She told me the other day, "why would someone purchase a car to change all the parts?". I said to myself, "If you think I'm crazy you got to see some of these Mustang forums I'm on!"

Black on Boss, make the move it's only less than $100 (don't get me wrong, like that black rally stripe one too).
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No doubt, on MGWs current involvement in gun parts today. Additionally, EPCO makes bowling balls and billiard balls. What we have here is of organizations that have a versatile structure.

I knew you would start rethinking your current set up. LOL! I love orange so much that I was figuring out how to incorporate a orange shifter knob in my candy red mustang! But at least it will go with your orange Boss.

Hey, that was some good advice you gave! Now I just have to get the wifey to understand why I went over my limit! LOL. It will be fun going through the technical data and reasoning that she loves to hate. She told me the other day, "why would someone purchase a car to change all the parts?". I said to myself, "If you think I'm crazy you got to see some of these Mustang forums I'm on!"

Black on Boss, make the move it's only less than $100 (don't get me wrong, like that black rally stripe one too).
Yea I love my current one. Especially BC it's a one off "mistake" that I got from George personally. But I'm seriously thinking about a orange one

If I did get one should I get black with orange stripes or orange with black stripes :/
Old 09-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I love my current one. Especially BC it's a one off "mistake" that I got from George personally. But I'm seriously thinking about a orange one

If I did get one should I get black with orange stripes or orange with black stripes :/
That's a real good question. With out looking at the knobs; if you got orange already Popping in the interior, I would go with the orange with black stripes. If there is no orange at all in the interior, I would go with the black with orange stripes. This is totally different from my make up but I don't have black stupas on the outside either. I would reverse the interior to what the outside is.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's a real good question. With out looking at the knobs; if you got orange already Popping in the interior, I would go with the orange with black stripes. If there is no orange at all in the interior, I would go with the black with orange stripes. This is totally different from my make up but I don't have black stupas on the outside either. I would reverse the interior to what the outside is.
I have no orange in the interior. So you are saying I should get black with orange stripes?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have no orange in the interior. So you are saying I should get black with orange stripes?
Yep. Because on the upside you have black stripes then the inside could be orange stripes.

That's just one way of looking at it. You can't go wrong either way; try photo shopping it first.

What set up are you going for; rally or rally II?
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Well my reverse is in the upper right, so I would have to get the one like the picture I posted..
Old 09-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well my reverse is in the upper right, so I would have to get the one like the picture I posted..
Got ya. That as long as you notice the numbered stripes and the non numbered stripes. That is the difference between R-***+ and RS-****
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Oops I meant upper left.. Lol
Old 09-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, like I said I saw the different set ups on the bottom of the page...

Oh and I meant my reverse is in top left...
Old 09-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, like I said I saw the different set ups on the bottom of the page...

Oh and I meant my reverse is in top left...
So we are looking at the same choices.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
Old 09-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Actually might have found another choice... Waiting to find out it can be done...
Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When you order whatever you want, make sure you request the same standard as MGW. They have theirs slightly tilted. The one option that you can modify is if you want the knob to fit the 12mm x 1.25 (OEM) or 12 mm x 1.75 (MGW standard).
I forgot to ask you, I see you put that OEM is 12x 1.25... And MGW Standard is 12x 1.75... I know when you order the shifter you can order either.. Is there a difference, or a better one to get? Size wise?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

By the way I contact speeddawg.com and they offer 10% off for military

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT