Hey im New Here Need Some Help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #1

Region: Canada
Hey im New Here Need Some Help!

Hey i just bought my 2014 5.0 GT Premium (still waiting for it to be Built!! ) and i already have a list of upgrades i want to do i was just wondering should i wait a while to buy/install my Boss IM(power pack tune/CAI), 85mm BBK TB and a cat back flowmaster outlaw exhaust or cat back Borla s type or Atak exhaust (not sure which exhaust im going for yet) so should i wait to install them or just install them as soon as i get the car?? ill be geting it around october and its kinda cuting it close to winter before the poor car gets parked in the garage so id rather just buy/install everything as soon as i get it but im just scared that might screw things up what is everyones opinion??
Duarte5.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Go with the s type
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Well someone kinda asked a similar question recently... The best answer I saw, and makes sense was to wait to make sure everything runs correctly with it.. So if you have to take it back to the dealer, there is no question there will be no questions if it is something you put on, plus someone also stated to find out what you like or don't like about the car before you make changes to it...

I'd wait till spring, but at the same time I'd also just wanna do it.. Lol good luck and post some pics when you get it..
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #4

so your opinions is to go with the S type?? ive been looking at way to many sound clips latly i gotta give it a few days and then listen to them again to see whats ill go with exhaust wise ( im actually leaning towards the S type) also i know that i probly shouldnt install everything right away because of the dealers warrently but worst come to worst i could always just revert it to stock if anything goes terribly wrong im just wondering if me upgradeing everything so early could be "Bad" for the engine? i have a $4000 part budget set asside an with everything right now according to AM im at about $3800 so now i have the big decision of do it right off the bat or wait for next spring but thats going to drive me insane
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya... I'm currently deployed and my car has been in storage for 6 months now.. cant wait to get back to drive it. being on this forum has me thinking about getting a SC for mine, but mine is my daily driver... Last winter it got snowy a few times, so I've been thinking about holding off till spring.. All that extra power plus snow once in awhile probably doesn't add up to good results.. Lol

Oh by the way, I'm not sure if you know about the 5% off from American Muscle, if you have 50 posts on here. Just post 50 or more times and message AMDan and he can get you a discount code... Might not be a whole lot, but if you have $3800, might be able to get something else you want..
Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #6

Well I'm planing on parking it all winter so I don't have to worry about the snow thank god! :p and your right 5% adds up on $3800 hehe :p sure as hell beats my $10 off lmfao I can't wait to get my mustang it's been my dream car for over 15 years and I finally saved what I had to save toget it and of course! The ford dealership wouldn't have what I wanted already built 4 weeks down 7 weeks to go
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well you will surely enjoy it.. I mean other than missing my daughters... I can't wait for anything more than driving that car.... By the way, I have the Boss IM, but I have the Roush axle back, sounds great, but hear that if I plan to do long tube headers I might wanna get a whole new exhaust... Lol to loud!!! If that happens down the road, I'd probably get the Borla also.. But right now I'm pretty happy with it..
Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
6%... Every little bit counts lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
6%... Every little bit counts lol
He is correct, it is 6%.. Lol I forgot I was thinking of a military discount from another website.. Thanks...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Is it auto or manual? Y'all know I gotta ask
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The new guy? Good question... Lol
Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarte5.0GT View Post
so your opinions is to go with the S type?? ive been looking at way to many sound clips latly i gotta give it a few days and then listen to them again to see whats ill go with exhaust wise ( im actually leaning towards the S type) also i know that i probly shouldnt install everything right away because of the dealers warrently but worst come to worst i could always just revert it to stock if anything goes terribly wrong im just wondering if me upgradeing everything so early could be "Bad" for the engine? i have a $4000 part budget set asside an with everything right now according to AM im at about $3800 so now i have the big decision of do it right off the bat or wait for next spring but thats going to drive me insane
Just install the borla s type catback leave it for the first 10k who knows you might just want to leave it the way it is
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Is it auto or manual? Y'all know I gotta ask
I'm offended by that question of course it's Manual lol :p
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol.... Good one..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #15

I would add a barton 2 post bracket to that list. Only about $100 and well worth it from what I hear. Youre probably going to need with that Boss IM and shifting at high rpms if you want to be able to do it smoothly and consistently. I just installed the Boss IM on mine and cant shift higher than I could with the stock manifold because the stock shifter bracket flexes and stops me from up shifting until the RPMs drop. I am waiting on my Barton 2 post in the mail from AM and am crossing my fingers that I'll finally be able to use the new HP.
Mods- Airaid CAI, Boss IM, BAMA Tuned, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Back, SR Performance Springs, 3.55 Gears, HID Fog lights, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires on TSW Rockingham wheels 20x10 295/30/20 rear and 20x8 275/40/19 front.
Tylerva5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey i just bought my 2014 5.0 GT Premium (still waiting for it to be Built!! ) and i already have a list of upgrades i want to do i was just wondering should i wait a while to buy/install my Boss IM(power pack tune/CAI), 85mm BBK TB and a cat back flowmaster outlaw exhaust or cat back Borla s type or Atak exhaust (not sure which exhaust im going for yet) so should i wait to install them or just install them as soon as i get the car?? ill be geting it around october and its kinda cuting it close to winter before the poor car gets parked in the garage so id rather just buy/install everything as soon as i get it but im just scared that might screw things up what is everyones opinion??
I'm getting the power pack from American muscle and definitely get the stinger stypes full exhaust catbacks you'll thank me later nothing beats the growl of a fully catted borla exhaust. My friend has it and it's sexy I'm about the get the s-Type axel backs. I like the sound of your build should be a nasty little mustang. Don't forget new control arms and a new suspension so you can put that power to the street. Also I have 3.73 gears I recommend those and a pro comp tuner from ford racing it gets rid of the skip shift and you can shift 20% faster that's what I have and it makes a world of a diff combined with the gears I keep up with the boss well until we start getting into corners lmao.
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerva5 View Post
I would add a barton 2 post bracket to that list. Only about $100 and well worth it from what I hear. Youre probably going to need with that Boss IM and shifting at high rpms if you want to be able to do it smoothly and consistently. I just installed the Boss IM on mine and cant shift higher than I could with the stock manifold because the stock shifter bracket flexes and stops me from up shifting until the RPMs drop. I am waiting on my Barton 2 post in the mail from AM and am crossing my fingers that I'll finally be able to use the new HP.
Hey could you post a picture of your stock shifter .. I bought mine used, and I am really just starting to get into these cars... I know the previous owner did some work to the car, but I'm not sure what all has been done.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Just so you know, the Boss IM isn't really worth it without a better flowing exhaust (headers or offroad midpipe) and 3.73 gears. In the absence of those two things you're going to lose more low end torque than you will gain top end HP.

Also, a larger TB is going to net you no gains with mild bolt-ons and introduce a myriad of tuning and drivability issues. They're marginal at best unless you're pushing the limits of bolt-on power or running a centrifugal blower. Even then, most of the fastest Coyotes out there are on the stock TB.

Finally, please review the following:

Everything you've asked has been answered MANY times. You could have seen many lengthy discussions on this forum (and every other Mustang forum) by searching.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Most of the serious drag racers have been opting for the 6R80 since it's faster and more consistent in the quarter mile than the MT82.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would be offended if it wasn't a manual BTW your first mod should be a MGW shifter. If you have one it'll look similar to this. Could have a MGW shift knob but not necessarily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130826_103057.png
Views:	375
Size:	940.0 KB
ID:	125902
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post
Also I have 3.73 gears I recommend those and a pro comp tuner from ford racing it gets rid of the skip shift and you can shift 20% faster that's what I have and it makes a world of a diff combined with the gears I keep up with the boss well until we start getting into corners lmao.
well i forgot to mention that i got the GT Brembo brake/Racing package so im already getting the 3.73 gears :p also the power pack im geting comes with the bama tuner so no point of me geting the ford racing tuner
Old 08-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
I would be offended if it wasn't a manual BTW your first mod should be a MGW shifter. If you have one it'll look similar to this. Could have a MGW shift knob but not necessarily.

Attachment 125902
how easy was it to install? ive never installed anything more then exhausts intakes and minor things like that so would this me something id have to go to a mechanic to get done or do you think i could most likly do it my self? (also considering im geting red leather that black ball with red stripes that MGW makes would look AMAZING!)
Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

how easy was it to install? ive never installed anything more then exhausts intakes and minor things like that so would this me something id have to go to a mechanic to get done or do you think i could most likly do it my self? (also considering im geting red leather that black ball with red stripes that MGW makes would look AMAZING!)
Yes that black/red would look sick and George (MGW owner) installed mine for free he will install it for free for anyone that will drive to him as long as you call in advance and make an appointment
Old 08-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

well i forgot to mention that i got the GT Brembo brake/Racing package so im already getting the 3.73 gears :p also the power pack im geting comes with the bama tuner so no point of me geting the ford racing tuner
Yea I'm getting the power pack too haha I just got the ford racing Tuner cuz it was a cheap quick good fix at the time. And good all you need is control arms make sure you research it though I'm not too knowledgable on that subject so ask around.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #25

Quote:

Agreed. If you can afford the MGW do it. It runs about $400 and I've heard everyone that buys it loves it. Some saying its the best money they've ever spent on their car. If not though go with the Barton 2 post bracket as I said b4. It will keep you shifts true and in line like the MGW but will work with stock shifter or a different short throw down the road.
Mods- Airaid CAI, Boss IM, BAMA Tuned, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Back, SR Performance Springs, 3.55 Gears, HID Fog lights, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires on TSW Rockingham wheels 20x10 295/30/20 rear and 20x8 275/40/19 front.
Tylerva5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerva5 View Post

Agreed. If you can afford the MGW do it. It runs about $400 and I've heard everyone that buys it loves it. Some saying its the best money they've ever spent on their car. If not though go with the Barton 2 post bracket as I said b4. It will keep you shifts true and in line like the MGW but will work with stock shifter or a different short throw down the road.
Agreed Barton is a good cheaper alternative
Old 08-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post

He is correct, it is 6%.. Lol I forgot I was thinking of a military discount from another website.. Thanks...
LOL so does HP!!! Sorry!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #28

im so mad called ford today to see if they have an estimated time of delivery for my mustang and they literally have no clue could be October could be November is what they told me.... i hate not knowing when my cars going to get built i just cant wait to drive it and if it only gets done in November then ill have to wait till next spring to drive it
Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
im so mad called ford today to see if they have an estimated time of delivery for my mustang and they literally have no clue could be October could be November is what they told me.... i hate not knowing when my cars going to get built i just cant wait to drive it and if it only gets done in November then ill have to wait till next spring to drive it
Or you can move to Miami, pay a lot in insurance but! youll get to drive everyday of winter
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #30

i wish i was only as easy as moving down to miami lol i dont mind the winter just dont want to drive my mustang in the snow so its going to suck when it gets made to late in the year
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Black on Boss, you got to tell me about the shifter knob... It is almost exactly like I want mine. Seems like you got a rally shifter with MGW logo and 2011+ 6 speed shifting sequences (reverse in top left). What you get for it. I want mine in candy red/black or dark gray.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
MGW Shifter (w/EPCO Rally II Shift Knob)
Pcanno167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcanno167 View Post

Black on Boss, you got to tell me about the shifter knob... It is almost exactly like I want mine. Seems like you got a rally shifter with MGW logo and 2011+ 6 speed shifting sequences (reverse in top left). What you get for it. I want mine in candy red/black or dark gray.
I got it from MGW, they first said they didn't offer it like I wanted but it just so happened that their supplier made this one as a "mistake" and he sold it to me. Just call George at MGW and I'm sure he could get you one made the way you want it as long as you are willing to pay for it.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I got it from MGW, they first said they didn't offer it like I wanted but it just so happened that their supplier made this one as a "mistake" and he sold it to me. Just call George at MGW and I'm sure he could get you one made the way you want it as long as you are willing to pay for it.
Will do. The question is "what am I willing to pay?" for the incontinence. I will find out tomorrow - their prices are on point thus far so I don't see that changing much.
SLP Loudmouth Axle Back
MGW Shifter (w/EPCO Rally II Shift Knob)
Pcanno167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

What's your limit? It couldn't be more than $75-100
Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I ordered my car in Aug. of 2012 and took delivery of it in Oct. of 2012. While the car was being built, I ordered the following parts and had them in hand when the car arrived: Bassani long tube headers, full Bassani exhaust, DSS driveshaft, Steeda poly motor mounts, Prothane FCA bushings, Metco billet aluminum LCA, Bama handheld tuner, Airaid CAI, and a metco driveshaft safety loop.

When I picked up the car it had 38 miles on it because my damned salesman decided he wanted to drive it before I did. I put another 42 miles on it before I intalled all of the aforementioned parts. The car now has a Nitrous Outlet nozzle kit (100 shot), with a Nano system and makes 519 rwhp and 551 rwtq on the bottle. Current mileage is 4K.
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT