Brembo Brake Pads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Brembo Brake Pads

Anyone put on new front brake pads yet? If so, which did you get and how are they with dust? I have gloss black wheels so the less brake dust, the better.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I could not take the Brembo dust. I went with basic Centric Posi Quiet ceramic pads front and rear with R1 drilled rotors. A great, clean combo for the street.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1515.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	125928  
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I use power slot rotors and hawk HPS for street use and HP plus for track use.

And in the rear I have the same 2 pads depending on the use and baer 14 inch 2 piece rotors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3888378638.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	125944   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2209817339.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	125945  

McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
The brembo dust is horrible and it makes my matte black wheels look like ****. If you're mostly using it on the street I highly recommend the hawk HPS pads, quiet, low dust and good stopping power

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
The brembo dust is horrible and it makes my matte black wheels look like ****. If you're mostly using it on the street I highly recommend the hawk HPS pads, quiet, low dust and good stopping power
Even the HPS have a ***** load of dust and on the LS wheel they are made more obvious! If you want to stop in a dime them the dust is a sacrifice you have to make. Lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I installed the Hawk ceramics last week. They bite better than the stock brembos. I also have gloss black wheels. There is less brake dust but not "ultra low" as advertised. They really smell strong maybe because they are still breaking in?
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Even the HPS have a ***** load of dust and on the LS wheel they are made more obvious! If you want to stop in a dime them the dust is a sacrifice you have to make. Lol
Your slotted rotors aren't helping the dust any

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
I installed the Hawk ceramics last week. They bite better than the stock brembos. I also have gloss black wheels. There is less brake dust but not "ultra low" as advertised. They really smell strong maybe because they are still breaking in?
Did you set them properly? 4 to 5 hard (60-0) stops? If not you will smell them longer from all of the manufacturing chemicals burning off

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you set them properly? 4 to 5 hard (60-0) stops? If not you will smell them longer from all of the manufacturing chemicals burning off
yeah I followed the directions on the box. The smell has been super strong the last couple days since it's been raining. Its the burnt clutch smell. But it isnt my clutch. def the pads.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea right now I'm using it as a DD because my DD motor went. So after cleaning, they stay black for maybe two days and by a week they are matte brown wheels. All street for me. Hawk seems to be the winner here, so I'll have to get some of them. I developed a squeak with no brake on the left side and on both sides when lightly braking so I'm hoping it's just the stock pads sucking. They passed inspection over a month after the squeak started by a good amount so I am praying that this is the issue.

If I had to choose between no squeak and less brake dust, I'm not sure what I want more. I do know that my hand cramps before I get all four wheels clean haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
Is yours a DD? I'm hoping to get the number of days before having to wash the wheels again up a bit, once a week is a killer.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

yep dd. its been raining here but the first two days without rain there was a little dust but not bad. I think they may put off a little more dust in the beginning anyway while they are breaking in. Yeah I was washing mine 1-2 times a week with the stock pads. That sucked.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
no bs'ing, go to autozone and get the ceramic pads they sell, cheaper and work great! think they were like 70 or 80 for the fronts. they may not be autocross great, but they feel as good as stock and have little to no dusting.
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

The c-max pads from autozone are an excellent OEM replacement. I'm not a fan of most autozone products, but those pads are great

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Brembo pads vs Autozone

OK i have the Brembo brake package...
It came on the car..
am i understanding Auto zone makes a direct replacement for out Brembo brake set up?
If so what number? I really dont need the brembos they came on the car ..
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerotaz View Post
OK i have the Brembo brake package...
It came on the car..
am i understanding Auto zone makes a direct replacement for out Brembo brake set up?
If so what number? I really dont need the brembos they came on the car ..
?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

And here I was happy with how little dust I got from my Brembos - but then I came from a Focus ST which seemed to get a visit every day from the Brake Dust Fairy.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
...you know that if you don't stay on top of keeping these wheels clean in a few years they will look like the steelies on my 24 year old Chevy G10. The paint finish on all these Mustang wheels is the cheapest, poorly applied crap ever, even the Brembo wheels and the GT500s I've seen. Chipping, peeling, staining, they have it all. Anything you can do to keep caustic brake dust off the surface will help extend the meager life of the factory finish.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
5LHO, I think you're right: my brembos are a little over a year old and 2 of them are already chipping (I haven't curbed a wheel since I was 16yrs old in my mom's van, and I avoid ****ty roads like the Plague). I'm wondering if I bothered getting the rim warranty when I picked mine up but I can't find that damn paperwork. Might just go ahead and plasti-dip them black (but not sure how that'll work on a black car, might be too different of a shade of black to look nice).

Might be time to start begging the wife for some rims, I dunno.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I like the BBP wheels enough that I will just pony up to have them powder coated when they get too bad to stand any more.

Unless you spend real good money, aftermarket wheels aren't often a lot better for durability of finish.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Autozone Brembo Pads

Sorry if i made the last post to short.
My car came with Brembo Set. I dont need the racing set up.
On Auto Zone web sight I did not see a number for Auto Zone pads for the Brembo pads. Please share the part number for that direct cross over.
I have a 2013 Mustang GT. / . Brembo Front brakes / Reg. Rear Brakes.

Thank You
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I have a question for you all. I'm looking at trading my v6 for a gt with Brembos but I want to keep my wheels that I have on my 2012. Will my 18 amr wheels fit over the Brembos or will I have problems? Thanks
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
I have a question for you all. I'm looking at trading my v6 for a gt with Brembos but I want to keep my wheels that I have on my 2012. Will my 18 amr wheels fit over the Brembos or will I have problems? Thanks
According the the website the 18x9s fit the front, don't know about the 8s
Old 08-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
Anyone put on new front brake pads yet? If so, which did you get and how are they with dust? I have gloss black wheels so the less brake dust, the better.
Sure confused. I hear everyone complaining about brake dust but I have none. I was my car every week and clean and polish my rims. Doesn't everyone else?

Or is it your daily driver and putting on 300-500 miles every week, the dust accumulates.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Sure confused. I hear everyone complaining about brake dust but I have none. I was my car every week and clean and polish my rims. Doesn't everyone else?

Or is it your daily driver and putting on 300-500 miles every week, the dust accumulates.
Currently my DD cause my DD motor blew. It's more dust than I've ever accumulated in a week's time though. The wheels are brown after two or three days
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

After I cleaned the wheels real fell I put 2 coats of wolfgang sealant on and now they wash off much easier than before,collonite is also a great protection wax.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT