Good Aftermarket Parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Good Aftermarket Parts?

Some things I've seen considering are a black (possibly mirrored) window tint (Will get that,the interior gets VERY hot sitting in the sun all day) 85 mm BBK TB. Staggered Black AMR Pirelli wheels, Airaid CAI, and either a Flowmaster American Thunder axleback exhaust, or a BBK varitone axleback. Also either RTR stripes, or a MCA side stripe. Will any of these void the warranties? Any other suggestions are welcome. I don't hsve money for anything except the tint right now.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Some things I've seen considering are a black (possibly mirrored) window tint(Will get that,the interior gets VERY hot sitting in the sun all day) 85 mm BBK TB. Staggered Black AMR Pirelli wheels, Airaid CAI, and either a Flowmaster American thunder axleback exhaust, or a BBK varitone axleback. Also either RTR stripes, or a MCA side stripe. Will any of these void the warranties? Any other suggestions are welcome. I don't hsve money for anything except the tint right now.
The cai will if you get one that requires a tune. Unless you are getting a tune as well, i would skip the cai altogether. You will gain virtually nothing without the tune to go with it.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

The cai will if you get one that requires a tune. Unless you are getting a tune as well, i would skip the cai altogether. You will gain virtually nothing without the tune to go with it.
The BBK CAI gains up to 16whp with out a tune. That would be about 18 extra bhp. Yeah it is a small amount but, I would take 438hp over the stock 420hp. I would not skip the CAI. Every little bit of power counts. Beside after you are done modding where the warrantee will not be void. After warrantee runs out all you will need is a tuner to bring it all together.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
^^ did you dyno your car to find those numbers out?
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

The BBK CAI gains up to 16whp with out a tune. That would be about 18 extra bhp. Yeah it is a small amount but, I would take 438hp over the stock 420hp. I would not skip the CAI. Every little bit of power counts. Beside after you are done modding where the warrantee will not be void. After warrantee runs out all you will need is a tuner to bring it all together.
I know you read those #s right off AMs website and I'll bet you my mustang that they are complete bs
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Some things I've seen considering are a black (possibly mirrored) window tint(Will get that,the interior gets VERY hot sitting in the sun all day) 85 mm BBK TB. Staggered Black AMR Pirelli wheels, Airaid CAI, and either a Flowmaster American thunder axleback exhaust, or a BBK varitone axleback. Also either RTR stripes, or a MCA side stripe. Will any of these void the warranties? Any other suggestions are welcome. I don't hsve money for anything except the tint right now.
Mirrored window tint is 100% illegal and I doubt they even make it anymore.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

I know you read those #s right off AMs website and I'll bet you my mustang that they are complete bs
+1
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

I know you read those #s right off AMs website and I'll bet you my mustang that they are complete bs
So you're calling American Muscle b***s***. In other words you are saying, AM has false advertisement. Those numbers are on their website they are advertising up to 16wph. If you are an AM customer and fan you owe them an apology. For calling it BS. Calling their advertisement BS is essentially calling AM BS. Nice real nice.

It's up to 16whp that in perfect conditions. So even an extra 10whp is better than nothing. I bet the BBK can hit that number. Every little bit counts!!!

Don't hate on AM by calling their advertisement BS!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

So you're calling American Muscle b***s***. In other words you are saying, AM has false advertisement. Those numbers are on their website they are advertising up to 16wph. If you are an AM customer and fan you owe them an apology. For calling it BS. Calling their advertisement BS is essentially calling AM them BS. Nice real nice.
"Up to" lol that's a marketing technique. Real world might be 3-5 but in an extraordinary controlled environment with a little tweaking the dyno numbers you get "16 RWHP"

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

They are in the business of selling things, it's their job to tweak the true so more ppl will buy from them.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

So you're calling American Muscle b***s***. In other words you are saying, AM has false advertisement. Those numbers are on their website they are advertising up to 16wph. If you are an AM customer and fan you owe them an apology. For calling it BS. Calling their advertisement BS is essentially calling AM BS. Nice real nice.
Taking this a wee bit personal are we? Relax there Paul! If you want to go through life believing everything you read, especially someone trying to sell a product, then don't let me stop you. I will say that you absolutely will NOT gain 16 whp from that product. Believe whomever you wish.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

"Up to" lol that's a marketing technique. Real would might be 3-5 but in an extraordinary controlled environment with a little tweaking the dyno numbers you get "16 RWHP"
3-5 whatever maybe in Denver CO.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

So you're calling American Muscle b***s***. In other words you are saying, AM has false advertisement. Those numbers are on their website they are advertising up to 16wph. If you are an AM customer and fan you owe them an apology. For calling it BS. Calling their advertisement BS is essentially calling AM BS. Nice real nice.

It's up to 16whp that in perfect conditions. So even an extra 10whp is better than nothing. I bet the BBK can hit that number. Every little bit counts!!!

Don't hate on AM by calling their advertisement BS!!!
Fat Pony? Is that you in disguise?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
And I've bought TONS of stuff from AM and continue to, great company. I just understand what a sales pitch is.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
And I've bought TONS of stuff from AM and continue to, great company. I just understand what a sales pitch is.
Preach brotha

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Fat Pony? Is that you in disguise?
Bahaha no it isn't unfortunately
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
What about BBK's 85mm throttle body, will that cause any warranty or car problems? Also,feel free to put in your suggestions.

Black on Boss,I figured the mirrored tint was illegal, but my mom is OBSESSED with making it LOOK better, I think it looks fine, maybe put on some RTR or MCA stripes. I think more about performance.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

Taking this a wee bit personal are we? Relax there Paul! If you want to go through life believing everything you read, especially someone trying to sell a product, then don't let me stop you. I will say that you absolutely will NOT gain 16 whp from that product. Believe whomever you wish.
If you read my whole post i did not say it would gain 16. But i did say more like 10... 16 is in perfect conditions.

You did say I read it on AM and it is BS!!! Did you not? Is AM BS? I'll take it personal when someone is essentially call BS on AM!!! They are an awesome company with great people, dude!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
thecos54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

Taking this a wee bit personal are we? Relax there Paul! If you want to go through life believing everything you read, especially someone trying to sell a product, then don't let me stop you. I will say that you absolutely will NOT gain 16 whp from that product. Believe whomever you wish.
Lol, too funny... Geez relax, is right!!
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

If you read my whole post i did not say it would gain 16. But i did say more like 10... 16 is in perfect conditions.

You did say I read it on AM and it is BS!!! Did you not? Is AM BS? I'll take it personal when someone is essentially call BS on AM!!! They are an awesome company with great people, dude!!!
you're too much Pauly
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

If you read my whole post i did not say it would gain 16. But i did say more like 10... 16 is in perfect conditions.

You did say I read it on AM and it is BS!!! Did you not? Is AM BS? I'll take it personal when someone is essentially call BS on AM!!! They are an awesome company with great people, dude!!!
They're a great company but they're only regurgitating what BBK has told them. Even 10 hp from a NO TUNE REQUIRED CAI is a pipe dream. It aint happening, period.

And I agree that you shouldn't take it personally, unless you're the owner of AM or something lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post

Lol, too funny... Geez relax, is right!!
I'll relax when i'm good and ready. Tweaking the truth as black on boss said is false advertisement. And a company can get in trouble for that. BBK, AM or whoever tested it did in fact get that 16rwhp. Or they could not claim that. The bottom line is you will gain hp weather it is 3-5hp (provably in mile high stadium) or 10hp probably in my area upstate NY where it is on the cool side most of the time and not to far above sea level. Or the 16hp that AM claims it can get. Now tell me I wrong?
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

I'll relax when i'm good and ready. Tweaking the truth as black on boss said is false advertisement. And a company can get in trouble for that. BBK, AM or whoever tested it did in fact get that 16rwhp. Or they could not claim that. The bottom line is you will gain hp weather it is 3-5hp (provably in mile high stadium) or 10hp probably in my area upstate NY where it is on the cool side most of the time and not to far above sea level. Or the 16hp that AM claims it can get. Now tell me I wrong?
You're wrong!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

If you read my whole post i did not say it would gain 16. But i did say more like 10... 16 is in perfect conditions.

You did say I read it on AM and it is BS!!! Did you not? Is AM BS? I'll take it personal when someone is essentially call BS on AM!!! They are an awesome company with great people, dude!!!
Yea man that's why I asked you if you dynoed your car because there is no way you will get that much hp. If you don't believe us go get your car dynoed and find our what you gained for real.
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
What about BBK's 85mm throttle body, will that cause any warranty or car problems? Also,feel free to put in your suggestions.

Black on Boss,I figured the mirrored tint was illegal, but my mom is OBSESSED with making it LOOK better, I think it looks fine, maybe put on some RTR or MCA stripes. I think more about performance.
So guys, can we get back on topic?
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
We can, don't waste you're money on any cai unless you want to purchase it just for looks.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Any throttle body needs to be tuned voiding warranty.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

So guys, can we get back on topic?
You now have more power than I imagine you have ever had before. The stripes and whatnot are great, but start with suspension myself. Shocks. Struts. Springs. Cam plates. Uca, lca relo brackets. Panhard bar. Strut mounts. Don't waste your money on a cai that isn't going to do anything for you. Lower your car right and plant the power to the pavement
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
thecos54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
We can, don't waste you're money on any cai unless you want to purchase it just for looks.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Any throttle body needs to be tuned voiding warranty.
And it will add 10-15RWHP... It says right on AM... NO TUNE REQUIRED!!!!
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post

And it will add 10-15RWHP... It says right on AM... NO TUNE REQUIRED!!!!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I'll relax when i'm good and ready. Tweaking the truth as black on boss said is false advertisement. And a company can get in trouble for that. BBK, AM or whoever tested it did in fact get that 16rwhp. Or they could not claim that. The bottom line is you will gain hp weather it is 3-5hp (provably in mile high stadium) or 10hp probably in my area upstate NY where it is on the cool side most of the time and not to far above sea level. Or the 16hp that AM claims it can get. Now tell me I wrong?
You're delusional. You believe everything you read?
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post

And it will add 10-15RWHP... It says right on AM... NO TUNE REQUIRED!!!!
Is there a way to mate 2 together so I can get 30 hp? I'll run all sorts of useless tubing throughout my engine bay for 30hp
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Thanks for the suggestion,but I've tested the suspension on some not to good roads, I like it as is, and I don't really want to lower it more than it already is. That's why I'm looking at staggered wheels.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

You're wrong!
So the advertisement is false. Right? So AM claiming up to 16rwhp is a lie and will never be achieved including in perfect conditions. Cool then I think I will get the BBK installed and dyno it. When I can't get the 16hp I'll take BBK to court they will have to dyno my car to an extra 16hp. If they can't then my BBK will be free plus the pain and suffering of watching my car go to redline on a Dyno who knows how many times that would be.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
thecos54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Is there a way to mate 2 together so I can get 30 hp? I'll run all sorts of useless tubing throughout my engine bay for 30hp
Well let me look on their website, maybe it says you can have 2 or maybe 3 of them...
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130826_171808.png
Views:	124
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	125972



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130826_171828.png
Views:	119
Size:	505.8 KB
ID:	125975

Lowered..
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
I saw a guy dyno in front of me with a no tune required cai. Everyone around him was telling him that he wasted his money on it. He was getting pissed and kept saying "wait for the numbers." He was mad as hell when my stock car (except for axle-backs) made 3whp less than his. He stormed off and was complaining to his wife about it. Oh and I live in NC so its a good ways away from Denver. IMO cai is a waste if not tuning but they do look sweet. And true that any HP gain is better than no gain. I just prefer to get more bang for my buck.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

So the advertisement is false. Right? So AM claiming up to 16rwhp is a lie and will never be achieved including in perfect conditions. Cool then I think I will get the BBK installed and dyno it. When I can't get the 16hp I'll take BBK to court or have they will have to dyno my car to an extra 16hp. If they can't then my BBK will be free plus the pain and suffering of watching my car go to redline on a Dyno who knows how many times that would be.
Hey Paul, you fought a great fight but YOU ARE WRONG!!! Give it up already as you have no clue what you're talking about. Go talk nonsense on another post please.

Ps. Let us know how that lawsuit works out for ya
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130826_172058.png
Views:	156
Size:	497.1 KB
ID:	125977



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130826_172226.png
Views:	180
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	125980

And not lowered. Along with some PF Changs Calamari in case anyone was wondering what that looked like
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.