Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roll cage color opinion!!!

3K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  1lowGT 
#1 ·
So I have a 6 point with x and diagonal brace roll cage going in and I still haven't decide on the color. The car is red and the seats are Sparco evo 2 also in red, my question is will the roll cage in red look bad? What other color you guys do it in?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Just my opinion but, I wouldn't want to draw attention to the cage itself by painting it a flashy color, so I'd paint it black and would definitely apply a scratch-resistent diamond clear coat to save me the hassles of touching up scratches and wear marks that it will more than likely show later on. Diamond clear coat is tough as nails. I speak to that with experience of painting my '14 decklid panel Race Red. Sanding, prepping and priming the OEM gloss black panel was a much tougher than expected job. No matter what color you paint your cage, invest in the clear coat as a final finish. You won't regret it.

DiamondFinish ClearCoat - Clear Coat - Non-Yellowing - High Gloss

#4 ·
Exactly how much horsepower will the roll cage get you? Is this car going to be a track car only? Or did your mommy, daddy, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin or family friend drop you on your head when you were little?:banghead:

#5 ·
Exactly how much horsepower will the roll cage get you? Is this car going to be a track car only? Or did your mommy, daddy, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin or family friend drop you on your head when you were little?:banghead:
Why does everything you type have to be in some odd color? Blue, black, yellow, green. Your like a little rainbow of color in an otherwise dreary forum.

#26 ·
#33 ·
Look at the angles and the tight corners on the heat extractors it's not easy getting the paint in the corners with out getting runs, over spray issues or having a heavy coat on the top surface. Spraying a roll cage would be easier. No tight corners or mismatched steps to deal with. I use to spray flat paint at an old job. Military green and desert sand. I have sprayed with guns and cans for many years. The small heat extractors are not for a person who does not spray much. Rattle can your heat extractors then tell me if it was easy. That is if you don't F them up.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Update: the roll cage was dropped off today for red powder coating and will be ready Friday :)
Nice, powder coating is the way to go cost more than painting but the finish is more durable too. Pics when its done.

#37 ·
I would definitely paint it to match the color. Hard core (drag) racers don't really care because most of the money goes into the performance. However, I'm a little different. I'm a little flashy. Those who aren't are simple individuals (nothing wrong with that). I'm a bit more complicated. I like the flash. Customizing represents the individual, so, for me, that would be painting it red.

#38 ·
He did match it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.