I don't think my cruise control is working... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I don't think my cruise control is working...

I tried my 2013 GT's cruise control for the first time today (on a straight backroad) , the light came on, but when I had my foot off the pedal(I think that's ok with CC,no traffic anyways) it still dropped speed
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I tried my 2013 GT's cruise control for the first time today (on a straight backroad) , the light came on, but when I had my foot off the pedal(I think that's ok with CC,no traffic anyways) it still dropped speed
Did you hit the set button after? Lol
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Press on, then press the +
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well ok, all I did was press CC on and the light came on, so I thought it was on.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Well ok, all I did was press CC on and the light came on, so I thought it was on.
Nope gotta hit the set (+) after to set your speed. You can also speed up by hitting + again, or slow down by hitting - without having to ever touch the pedals.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Nope gotta hit the set (+) after to set your speed. You can also speed up by hitting + again, or slow down by hitting - without having to ever touch the pedals.
Ok,thanks guys, FORD should change the light to where it won't come on until the driver hits +, although, it would help if I had read the manual
Old 08-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Ok,thanks guys, FORD should change the light to where it won't come on until the driver hits +, although, it would help if I had read the manual
I think its yellow when the CC is ready to be set. It turns green when you press the + and set the speed. Like stated before you can adjust the speed be just pressing the + button without touching the pedal. It is pretty cool.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Still have your manual?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT