lca's and uca - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
lca's and uca

Will these help me with traction as far as drag setup or is it more for lowered cars what brands are best to hook at the track
jaymoe5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoe5555 View Post
Will these help me with traction as far as drag setup or is it more for lowered cars what brands are best to hook at the track
This will absolutely help you at the track. It's also good for lowered cars to correct the pinion angle! Upper and Lower Control arms will help you put the power you have to the ground and give you good weight transfer.

There's a ton of awesome brands out there. SR Performance, J&M, JPC etc... will all do the trick!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
My opinion is that YES aftermarket UCA and LCAs are a must especially for drag racing. Stock my car had bad wheel hop. Added the Steeda LCAs and got more traction and less wheel hop. Then added Steeda UCA and even more traction with no wheel hop. Then did Steeda sport springs and BMR relo brackets and WOW! Super traction.Totally different car and can't wait to get to the track next month. Def recommend all of the above.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
here read this to get a better idea about rear suspension.

cherod.com/mustang - LCAs
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Thanks guys so this is definitely a must now just to choose a brand
jaymoe5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoe5555 View Post
Thanks guys so this is definitely a must now just to choose a brand
Get in touch with jayman33 on here. He works at hypermotive performance and has great prices and awesome customer service. I went with BMR adjustable upper and non-adj lower control arms with relocation brackets, bmr adj. panhard bar, koni str.t shock/struts, ford k springs with gt500 mounts. My car just sticks (wells spins ) and goes no more wheel hop at all. Now i just need some better tires
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Get in touch with jayman33 on here. He works at hypermotive performance and has great prices and awesome customer service. I went with BMR adjustable upper and non-adj lower control arms with relocation brackets, bmr adj. panhard bar, koni str.t shock/struts, ford k springs with gt500 mounts. My car just sticks (wells spins ) and goes no more wheel hop at all. Now i just need some better tires
Did you have all those mods at the AM show?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Did you have all those mods at the AM show?
Yeah the suspension was all done. Remember you had mentioned to move the lca to the middle hole and not the top i got it changed and didn't notice much of a difference. But the lca seems to be at more of a flat angle .Thanks Dave!
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Yeah the suspension was all done. Remember you had mentioned to move the lca to the middle hole and not the top i got it changed and didn't notice much of a difference. But the lca seems to be at more of a flat angle .Thanks Dave!
Yea I remember now. The only time you'll really notice a difference is on hard launches.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Those lower control def. make a difference. Car feels like it hooks a lot better.
Rickytang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT