Kenne Bell 2.8LC - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Kenne Bell 2.8LC

Will a Kenne Bell 2.8LC supercharger off a 2007-2013 GT500 work on a 2013 GT?
SCT Tuner, Vinyl Dipped Plenum and Valve Covers, BBK 85mm TB, JLT Oil Catch Can, Pypes Pipe-Bomb Axle Backs, JBA Ceramic Long Tube Headers, High Flow Cat X-Pipe, Forgestar F14 19x9, 19x10, Nitto Invo Tires, Eibach R2 Suspension, Eibach Adjustable Sway Bars Front and Rear, Eibach Adjustable LCA, BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, MMD Bolt-On Hood Strut, BMR Pan Hard Bar, Caster Camber Plates, Brembo Brakes, Adjustable UCA and Mount, Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, Procharger Stage II, Bosch 75lbs injectors.
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Provided the bolt patterns are the same on the lower manifold you could get away with it if you buy one from a 5.0. Chances are, the head units are the same and the lower manifold is not. Simple manifold swap and tuning should be all you would need. Don't quote me!

I do know that Kenny belle makes a liquid cooled 3.6L blower and id buy that one first.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Definitely a different lower intake manifold required at the very least. Also, if it's LC'ed coolant flow on the coyote may be different than the trinity motors and you may get jacked up coolant flow through the blower and/or motor. I'm not sure if coolant flow is different or not but its definitely something you should look more into.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
no they will not, if you look at the 5.0 2.8LC you will see that the case sits back from the snout and pulley, on a GT500 the snout is much shorter and the pulley is right next to it

GT500:

5.0 2.8LC:

as for the Liquid Cooling, it is independent of the cars cooling system.
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

That is potentially as easy as a snout change.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

sure, but you would need a different intercooler, see how the GT500's is different that the 5.0's, and the boost bypass is routed differently which would require you to need the 5.0's mammoth intake. in the end unless you got the supercharger for next to nothing, it would probably cost more to piece it together than to buy the 5.0 kit.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
sure, but you would need a different intercooler, see how the GT500's is different that the 5.0's, and the boost bypass is routed differently which would require you to need the 5.0's mammoth intake. in the end unless you got the supercharger for next to nothing, it would probably cost more to piece it together than to buy the 5.0 kit.
Right, a different lower intake manifold, which entails the intercooler, which is what I said in my previous post

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Grabber5.0, we're on the same page, and the cast mammoth intake at the rear would also need to be change over as it is a different piece.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Basically what he should do rather, as I suggested, is but the 3.6LC actually made for the 5.0. You can mix/match snouts and lower manifolds no problem if you got money to blow. The LC system works just like most other twin screws... Nothing fancy
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Basically what he should do rather, as I suggested, is but the 3.6LC actually made for the 5.0. You can mix/match snouts and lower manifolds no problem if you got money to blow. The LC system works just like most other twin screws... Nothing fancy
So what your saying is that he should just buy the 3.6LC kit for the 5.0? Because nothing from the GT500 2.8LC will carry over to the 3.6 kit.

tarupert, your best bet is to call kenne bell and ask yourself. their pretty friendly and matt and mike are quite knowedgeable about their products. 909 941-6646
Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
no they will not, if you look at the 5.0 2.8LC you will see that the case sits back from the snout and pulley, on a GT500 the snout is much shorter and the pulley is right next to it

GT500:

5.0 2.8LC:

as for the Liquid Cooling, it is independent of the cars cooling system.
Note to Self: Refer all questions about Superchargers to Mr. Anderson!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So what your saying is that he should just buy the 3.6LC kit for the 5.0? Because nothing from the GT500 2.8LC will carry over to the 3.6 kit.

tarupert, your best bet is to call kenne bell and ask yourself. their pretty friendly and matt and mike are quite knowedgeable about their products. 909 941-6646
Yes that was what I was saying. The 3.6LC kit is rated to 1000HP and the intake flows to 1200. Kind of hard to beat those numbers! I know personally of a 2012 boss running the 3.6LC making over 800rwhp @21psi on the stock boss long block. A number of sub 9 second 1/4 mile passes and still going strong.

This is Tracy's boss that I'm referring to.. Same kit I'm talking about also. Even on stock manifolds made 851rwhp!

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/feature...-mph-boss-302/
Old 08-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

cool, that's my 2.8LC kit in the pictures. I am shooting for 850 rwhp max with it when I build the bottom end some time in the future. I think I'll be happy with that in the end. love to upgrade to the 3.6, maybe one day if the 2.8 can't do it. but I'm gonna try and find out first.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
cool, that's my 2.8LC kit in the pictures. I am shooting for 850 rwhp max with it when I build the bottom end some time in the future. I think I'll be happy with that in the end. love to upgrade to the 3.6, maybe one day if the 2.8 can't do it. but I'm gonna try and find out first.
Well I believe that 2.8 will get you there! Just going to have to pulley it up when you have a more stout motor. 850rwhp is really harsh on the drivetrain and even more on the Trans. It's nothing to snap I put shafts with 650rwhp, much less 850.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT