Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Picked up a BBK 90mm TB with a Boss Intake

4K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  Mustang50 
#1 ·
Wasnt looking for a TB and especially the 90, BUT the price was too good to refuse so I picked up both. (700 for both). My question is now, with a JLT carbon CAI will a tune be able to dial this combo in good enough or would you consider anything else to dial in the AFR.

#3 ·
Wasnt sure if the 90mm TB would be too oversized for that setup without doing some other power adders.

#4 ·
I'm running a 90mm Ford Racing TB with my Boss intake & JLT CF cai. No problems, except that you must have the tune for it to run when you install it.

#5 ·
With the boss mani stay clear of bama tunes. Yes it will run alright but they make you lose way more low end tq then a normal boss mani should. Go with AED, Lund, MPT (I love their aggressive tunes), VMP any other place. Ive read too many problems with bama. Ever since I got ky mpt tunes I will never go back! Its night and day compared to bama. They make decent tunes dont get me wrong. But since they make normal day to day canned tunes they make them ridiculously conservative and sometimes on Nitrous tunes they run too lean or have major lean spikes.

#6 ·
I'm having my car dyno tuned with Carolina Chassis Dyno. This will also tune for my soon to be installed Boss Manifold and possibly cat deletes.

#13 ·
Good stuff. I've requested to join. The name's Ken.

#15 · (Edited)
I did pick up a Lethal Performance Off Road X Pipe (cat delete) as well as the boss manifold and 90mm throttle body. Also picked up the Ford Racing Coil covers and all the carbon fiber dress up engine: Radiator cover, fuse bx cover, and batt/mast cyl covers. I am going to carbon fiber wrap the strut brace. Here is the look we are going for. I photoshopped a lot of this stuff to get an idea of what it will look like together. I even picked up an orange filter from Green Filters for the Carbon CAI :) This shows everything but the battery & master cylinder covers. This car will have carbon fiber inside & out front to back.

#16 ·
I did pick up a Lethal Performance Off Road X Pipe (cat delete) as well as the boss manifold and 90mm throttle body. Also picked up the Ford Racing Coil covers and all the carbon fiber dress up engine: Radiator cover, fuse bx cover, and batt/mast cyl covers. I am going to carbon fiber wrap the strut brace. Here is the look we are going for. I photoshopped a lot of this stuff. top get an idea. I even picked up an orange filter for the Carbon CAI. This shows everything but the battery & master cylinder covers. This car will have carbon fibered inside & out.
Holy **** that looks f*cken awesome!!!! God damn I want!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I did pick up a Lethal Performance Off Road X Pipe (cat delete) as well as the boss manifold and 90mm throttle body. Also picked up the Ford Racing Coil covers and all the carbon fiber dress up engine: Radiator cover, fuse bx cover, and batt/mast cyl covers. I am going to carbon fiber wrap the strut brace. Here is the look we are going for. I photoshopped a lot of this stuff. top get an idea. I even picked up an orange filter for the Carbon CAI. This shows everything but the battery & master cylinder covers. This car will have carbon fibered inside & out.
Where did u find the ford racing covers!!!

#17 · (Edited)
Found the coil covers on the AM site. They are powder coated aluminum. I am going to go with your advice and am going give MPT a try for the tuning this go round. For the 3 tunes, get a performance tune, a race tune and any suggestions for a 3rd tune?

#19 ·
#25 ·
I already have the tuner but i wonder if there would be any conflicts getting one of there tunes on it with the bama tunes i have already. What kind of numbers you putting down with your set up ?
You could get a race tune from MPT for $75 and try it out. It shouldn't do anything to your bama tune. Even if it did, if you have free tunes for life with bama, just have them do you another one.

#30 ·
Hopefully I can get approval before they're gone lol

#33 ·
I have already been approved on the site, why dont I see that listing on my phone when I go to the FB page?

#35 ·
right on, I see the other group now. just joined. prob day late and dollar short

#37 ·
Do you really see a big power gain from a throttle body????
Dont think we will see a power gain, but heard that it could improve the throttle response and torque lost with the boss manifold install. I was planning on just the Boss manifold, but the seller packaged both for $700 and retail both would be almost $1100 so for $200, I got a $550 throttle body.

#41 ·
I have the Boss IM and JLT on my 2011 GT and I think it's great... However I did buy it used with the stuff on there so I'm not sure what kind of difference it was when previous owner did it... I was thinking a TB also, but I keep reading its a waste of money... So I will hold off on that...

#39 ·
think the throttle body needs upgraded?
I don't think it is necessary from everything I have read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.