I can't WAIT!!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I can't WAIT!!!!!!

I cant wait to go on my next deployment and come back. I just talked with Drew @ AED and priced out a complete Vortech kit + install and custom dyno tune by them for $8250.

Drew was awesome to talk with and extremely helpful. He was more than willing to show different setups when I walked into AED and explain how the different superchargers worked and why certain superchargers were less than favorable in his opinion. It really helped to cement my decision into which supercharger set up would work best for me.
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
D00m3dHitm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It will be awesome.

The n/a 5.0 is a beast itself
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n View Post
I cant wait to go on my next deployment and come back. I just talked with Drew @ AED and priced out a complete Vortech kit + install and custom dyno tune by them for $8250.

Drew was awesome to talk with and extremely helpful. He was more than willing to show different setups when I walked into AED and explain how the different superchargers worked and why certain superchargers were less than favorable in his opinion. It really helped to cement my decision into which supercharger set up would work best for me.
The price seems a bit much, the install + tune at very reputable shops was 1400 and with beefcake racing the complete kit with EVERYTHING is 5000.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Your service is appreciated.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
A while back I was quoted ~7500 from kurgan motorsports for a polished Paxton kit, tune&sct device, & spec 2+ clutch all installed
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: California
That's way to much$$
dark2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yeah where's the military discount!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly I have no idea I was quoted $5800 for the kit, $1500 for install, $550 for dyno tune, and 400 for the SCT tuner
Black 2012 Mustang GT 6MT mods: Borla S-type cat backs, 15% window tint, Raxiom Smoked headlights, Pioneer 8400, scosche dash kit, hertz speakers, JL Audio 500 watt amp, 2 JL audio 12" W3 subs. *more to come*
Old 08-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Honestly I have no idea I was quoted $5800 for the kit, $1500 for install, $550 for dyno tune, and 400 for the SCT tuner
950$ for tunes?!? that's the problem right there.install seems a little high also /: that's at least 16-17 hours worth of work for that price
Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Do u guys know of any other reputable shops within 2hrs of Sacramento?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just googled " mustang performance shops Sacramento Ca, and quiet a few came up, try researching a few of them and give a couple calls for estimates.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
That's where I'm going AED in Cameron park buddy paid little over 8k got pro charger instead he's very happy
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think you are mainly paying that much for AED to put their hands on it. You would be far better off buying a lightly used and unlocked tuner. Take them that tuner and let them dyno tune your car on that tune. Also, I'd inquire as to whether or not that is tunes for life. I paid $385 for dyno tunes "for life" on my lightning about two weeks ago. With how much I change set-ups I'm sure it will pay off and a dyno tune will always be better than a email tune. The supercharger can be found cheaper and the install @$1500 (while not a horrible price) is still too much IMO. One of those kits usually will bill 6-8 hrs labor on install depending on who writes it up, so basically you're paying roughly $200 per hour for them to install it. It's you're money, and I'd rather pay someone else to deal with it if I had extra laying around. I've installed all my own parts myself just because I always stare down the barrel of those labor prices and can't take it lol.

On the other hand, most performance shops will have dyno days. Local shop to me will do 3 runs for $47. So lets day you're spending $20 a run for example.. You are spending another $500 on tuning alone. Like I said AED wants that money for them to touch it. Places like BAMA, Jon Lund, and amazon will charge you $250 and tune anything you want as many times as you want. From NA with a CAI all the way to a twin turbo cammed motor running E85.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I think you are mainly paying that much for AED to put their hands on it. You would be far better off buying a lightly used and unlocked tuner. Take them that tuner and let them dyno tune your car on that tune. Also, I'd inquire as to whether or not that is tunes for life. I paid $385 for dyno tunes "for life" on my lightning about two weeks ago. With how much I change set-ups I'm sure it will pay off and a dyno tune will always be better than a email tune. The supercharger can be found cheaper and the install @$1500 (while not a horrible price) is still too much IMO. One of those kits usually will bill 6-8 hrs labor on install depending on who writes it up, so basically you're paying roughly $200 per hour for them to install it. It's you're money, and I'd rather pay someone else to deal with it if I had extra laying around. I've installed all my own parts myself just because I always stare down the barrel of those labor prices and can't take it lol.

On the other hand, most performance shops will have dyno days. Local shop to me will do 3 runs for $47. So lets day you're spending $20 a run for example.. You are spending another $500 on tuning alone. Like I said AED wants that money for them to touch it. Places like BAMA, Jon Lund, and amazon will charge you $250 and tune anything you want as many times as you want. From NA with a CAI all the way to a twin turbo cammed motor running E85.
well I already have free tunes for life from Bama performance and have an SCT SF3 tuner. could that tuner be reused for the dyno tune from AED?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

well I already have free tunes for life from Bama performance and have an SCT SF3 tuner. could that tuner be reused for the dyno tune from AED?
Yes it can
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT