PROBLEMS 13 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
PROBLEMS 13 GT

So I haven't even had my mustang for a whole year and I travel a lot due to the navy so I have 22k miles on it. I have a flapping noise coming from under te hood somewhere in between the alternator and engine heads on the driver side, today it feels like a speed wobble or a rub when I turn to the left on the highway, squeaks in the back when going over bumps.... Wtf is going on. And then. I went up a hill and it sounds like its a remote control car... I have borla s type cutbacks and a wheel kit from American muscle... With just that it should not be affecting the stang and its performance. Please some one help I go to take it in Tuesday and I don't want the dealership to **** me and just send me on my way on some bull****.
PISTONS8904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Take it to the dealer and ask someone from the service department to take a ride with you. If it is an intermittent problem, it will be a lot harder to pinpoint. If not, then he can go to the tech and explain it to him. Between the three of you, you should be able to get it fixed.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
They shouldn't be giving you any bs especially if you have no tune or warranty.like new mustang said have someone ride with so they know what going on
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS8904 View Post
So I haven't even had my mustang for a whole year and I travel a lot due to the navy so I have 22k miles on it. I have a flapping noise coming from under te hood somewhere in between the alternator and engine heads on the driver side, today it feels like a speed wobble or a rub when I turn to the left on the highway, squeaks in the back when going over bumps.... Wtf is going on. And then. I went up a hill and it sounds like its a remote control car... I have borla s type cutbacks and a wheel kit from American muscle... With just that it should not be affecting the stang and its performance. Please some one help I go to take it in Tuesday and I don't want the dealership to **** me and just send me on my way on some bull****.
Hmm, this sounds very odd. I would recommend taking your car over to the dealership. A Wheel and Tire kit and a Catback exhaust aren't going to cause any of the issues you're having at the moment!

Have a tech at ford come on a ride a long with you and should help pin point the problem. You're not going to be charged an arm and a leg for someone to help with troubleshooting. Also, you have a warranty so this should all be covered!

I wish there was more I could do for you. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I took it into ford that have had it this whole week and tell me the sound coming from the front is normal on a 13.... Okay then why was it not making that noise to begin with... Then they tell me they don't hear any squeaks in the rear end... Bull**** the guy driving next to me can hear it over my exhaust.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

This is the fifth dealership I have been to in three separate states and no one wants to do the work it seems.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I took it into ford that have had it this whole week and tell me the sound coming from the front is normal on a 13.... Okay then why was it not making that noise to begin with... Then they tell me they don't hear any squeaks in the rear end... Bull**** the guy driving next to me can hear it over my exhaust.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

This is the fifth dealership I have been to in three separate states and no one wants to do the work it seems.
I think there all like that that.i know there something wrong with my starting problem in 10gt but they say its fine nothing wrong.sicks you have this problem hope you can get it resolved bro
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'm 10k from warranty going away. I need to get this solved its bull**** I'm raising hell today!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You should ^
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I'm 10k from warranty going away. I need to get this solved its bull**** I'm raising hell today!
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I'm telling you my 13 doesnt make any kind of noise like that so they are full of **** lol
Old 09-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

I can't remember the exact part or TSB # but there was a TSB for the squeaking noise when going over bumps. Google TSBs for your car. I think it's a control arm replacement.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mine also has the flap sound in the front. I only hear it at idle.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why didn't you take it to the dealership you bought it from? When they give you the run around, ask to speak to the Service Rep in the area.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The dealership I bought the car from us in wa I live in tn now.... Military
Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you can get by Memphis, go to Wolfchase ford. A1 service.
Clarksville, Jenkins Wynn is good too
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwandrewz
If you can get by Memphis, go to Wolfchase ford. A1 service.
Clarksville, Jenkins Wynn is good too
Lol. Wolfchase is now Autonation and they like to say things are normal or out of warranty.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I can say, they had me taken care of pretty quick regarding my trunk lock not closing properly. And on top of it, they detailed all the tree sap off of it too. Though my corcern was nowhere near what he's describing...
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT