Mustang Evolution Forum banner

mgw ordered

3K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  Pcanno167 
#1 ·
So anyone else that has ordered one how long does it take them alot of ppl saying its took a long time to get them

#10 ·
Ordered mine last week on 28 August. Was told that I should be in current schedule. I was told to call back but did not. We should get ours around the same time. They told me two weeks at the time. I am concerned about the shift knobs. I like the MGW logo but also prefer the rally shift knob type (MGW one). I have not confirmed that they offer it in the color (candy red/black or dark gray) and gear arrangement that I want. I only see the GT500 shifters on the site. I have to call tomorrow.

One other thing that caught my interest - I have been reading that the weight of the shifter will also assist in it's ability to go into gear smoothly. In some cases a heavy knob is better. One of the leading shift knob companies are 'fussy'. They have this powder coded knob that looks amazing. But I want 'MGW' on it! Plus it cost about $100. Not sure if MGW offers heavy shifter... Will have to call.

#11 ·
Ordered mine last week on 28 August. Was told that I should be in current schedule. I was told to call back but did not. We should get ours around the same time. They told me two weeks at the time. I am concerned about the shift knobs. I like the MGW logo but also prefer the rally shift knob type (MGW one). I have not confirmed that they offer it in the color (candy red/black or dark gray) and gear arrangement that I want. I only see the GT500 shifters on the site. I have to call tomorrow.

One other thing that caught my interest - I have been reading that the weight of the shifter will also assist in it's ability to go into gear smoothly. In some cases a heavy knob is better. One of the leading shift knob companies are 'fussy'. They have this powder coded knob that looks amazing. But I want 'MGW' on it! Plus it cost about $100. Not sure if MGW offers heavy shifter... Will have to call.
I'm almost positive they will custom order you one the way you want it. Just call and ask for George. :thumb:

And OP congrats on the purchase, you will absolutely love it.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Took mine only a day
But that wasn't a MT-82 shifter :)

#23 ·
I ordered mine on August 9 and got it on sept 11.... And I love how the install video doesn't tell you to bend the tab on the heat shield or how to adjust the reverse lockout .....I almost crashed into some cinder blocks cause I couldn't get in reverse lol...wasn't funny at the time

#34 ·
Got a shipment confirmation today (Sep 19th). I placed the order on Sep 6th. UPS says it will be here on the 23rd.

3 weeks is a good ballpark figure for anyone looking to order but was scared off by the waiting time.

#39 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.