High Flow Fuel Rails - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SELENE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Beaverton
Region: Oregon
Posts: 79
High Flow Fuel Rails

Has anyone purchased and installed the Metco Motorsports High Flow Fuel Rail Kit (available at AM and JLT)? I am going to install the Boss 302 intake manifold and JLT carbon CAI soon and thought the better fuel rails might compliment the installation. Thoughts?

Honestly, I'm a noob when it comes to engine upgrades. Please go easy on me...
__________________
2013 Sterling Gray Shelby GT500
SELENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Save your money. You don't need them.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise
Region: Idaho
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post
Has anyone purchased and installed the Metco Motorsports High Flow Fuel Rail Kit (available at AM and JLT)? I am going to install the Boss 302 intake manifold and JLT carbon CAI soon and thought the better fuel rails might compliment the installation. Thoughts?

Honestly, I'm a noob when it comes to engine upgrades. Please go easy on me...
My understanding is that, unless you are going to use higher-flow injectors, hi-flow fuel rails are a waste of money. I don't think they'll do a thing for your motor without new injectors. Picture using a fire-hose with a garden-hose sized sprayer. No point in it.

Also, I've heard that there are no better injectors than the standard, OEM injectors. Aftermarket seems to cause a lot of issues for folks.

A new intake manifold probably won't do much for you either, if you aren't putting a new Throttle Body between the CAI and intake. Same concept I used earlier with the fire-hose with garden-hose sprayer.

Remember, a CAI and manifold will likely need a tune for your motor, either way. When you change the air/fuel stuff, the computer can only do so much to compensate and adjust.

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure the stuff you want will be effective without other purchases.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Yeah spend money elsewhere.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
SELENE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Beaverton
Region: Oregon
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
My understanding is that, unless you are going to use higher-flow injectors, hi-flow fuel rails are a waste of money. I don't think they'll do a thing for your motor without new injectors. Picture using a fire-hose with a garden-hose sized sprayer. No point in it.

Also, I've heard that there are no better injectors than the standard, OEM injectors. Aftermarket seems to cause a lot of issues for folks.

A new intake manifold probably won't do much for you either, if you aren't putting a new Throttle Body between the CAI and intake. Same concept I used earlier with the fire-hose with garden-hose sprayer.

Remember, a CAI and manifold will likely need a tune for your motor, either way. When you change the air/fuel stuff, the computer can only do so much to compensate and adjust.

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure the stuff you want will be effective without other purchases.
Thank you - I appreciate your reply. I do have an 85mm TB and a tuner already. I'll pass on the fuel rails, as I do not plan to ever upgrade the injectors.
__________________
2013 Sterling Gray Shelby GT500
SELENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Don't plan to never do it but you don't need them with the upgrades you got now. Future mods might require them.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
SELENE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Beaverton
Region: Oregon
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Don't plan to never do it but you don't need them with the upgrades you got now. Future mods might require them.
Fair enough - Point taken.
__________________
2013 Sterling Gray Shelby GT500
SELENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise
Region: Idaho
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post
Thank you - I appreciate your reply. I do have an 85mm TB and a tuner already. I'll pass on the fuel rails, as I do not plan to ever upgrade the injectors.
OK. Since you have the bigger TB and tuner, the CAI will be fine. Still not sure the intake manifold is necessary. I'd invest in a better exhaust system, instead. Then tune appropriately.

An intake manifold, and the hi-flow injectors could be necessary if you do some work inside the engine, but plan carefully so as to maximize the gains vs. expense.

Good luck! I'm no mechanic either, but am learning from the folks around here. Keep asking questions!
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
SELENE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Beaverton
Region: Oregon
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
OK. Since you have the bigger TB and tuner, the CAI will be fine. Still not sure the intake manifold is necessary. I'd invest in a better exhaust system, instead. Then tune appropriately.

An intake manifold, and the hi-flow injectors could be necessary if you do some work inside the engine, but plan carefully so as to maximize the gains vs. expense.

Good luck! I'm no mechanic either, but am learning from the folks around here. Keep asking questions!
Again, thank you for your input! I appreciate it!
__________________
2013 Sterling Gray Shelby GT500
SELENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MaggioM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 201
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 23
NO NEED , enjoy your stock rails
MaggioM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:56 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.