2014 GT Base Leather Seats - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
2014 GT Base Leather Seats

Hey I have a '14 GT and would like some options as far as leather interiors. I wanted the leather seats, but did not really care about all of the other features of the premium package. Needless to say I was not going to pay for a $5,000 package just to get leather seats. I would like to get leather in my GT but do not want to have to do any permanent interior modifications because the car may be a classic in 20 or so years (I will never sell it). What suggestions to you all have?
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford302ize View Post
Hey I have a '14 GT and would like some options as far as leather interiors. I wanted the leather seats, but did not really care about all of the other features of the premium package. Needless to say I was not going to pay for a $5,000 package just to get leather seats. I would like to get leather in my GT but do not want to have to do any permanent interior modifications because the car may be a classic in 20 or so years (I will never sell it). What suggestions to you all have?
Look on eBay, and at NewTakeoff.com. There can be some deals out there for leather seat skins that have been taken off of new cars. You can easily find whatever you're looking for, and still use your stock seats.

Also, it would be worth giving these folks a call, based on the price shown here. Just to find out if the have what you need.
http://www.smssuperparts.com/Mustang...%20mustang.htm
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You could bolt in Reacro, Sparco or Corbeau seats and keep the old ones to retain its stock setup. Plus you would diminish the wear and tare on your stock interior. Also you could shop around on Ebay or Craigslist for some new leather seats that someone is removing because they want to setup their car with racing seats.
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Item # 261275943270 on EBay. Full take off leather seat covers for $350 plus shipping.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Roush sells leather take offs for cheap on ebay I believe that guy is refering to it^^^
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
I have a base '14 GT and I got the take offs from Roush (ebay) and switched them out the second week I had the car. It was a straight forward install and they look great imo.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
Item # 261275943270 on EBay. Full take off leather seat covers for $350 plus shipping.
I got these off eBay for $340, delivered. Great deal, probably because no one else would want them. They work for my Baby, though.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the responses. I am interested in the take-off covers. BTW how hard are they to install yourself?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford302ize View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I am interested in the take-off covers. BTW how hard are they to install yourself?
If you have someone mechanical to help, you'd have no trouble installing them. Just make sure you have something like a pry-bar handy, and be ready to man-handle the joints together. The connections for the front and rear backrests are a bear to join.

Katzkin has a great YouTube video that details the tools you need, and gives a great demonstration of the whole process.

If you don't have Hog-Ring pliers, just use small zip-ties in their place. Watch the video, and you'll see exactly what I mean. Just don't rush the job, and make sure you situate the cushions under the leather appropriately, and you'll be fine.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
See my thread: Roush leather takeoff installed!
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
Hey I saw your thread and the seats look great. One question did you have to cut the cloth seats out or can the leather just be pulled over? I don't want to do any permanent modifications to the interior.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
U don't have to cut them off. But u have to cut the hog clips underneath and pull them off so you can clip the new leather in place.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Also if you get the Roush takeoff leather they are factory OEM so don't worry about permanent change. It's for the better bottom line.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
U don't have to cut them off. But u have to cut the hog clips underneath and pull them off so you can clip the new leather in place.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Also if you get the Roush takeoff leather they are factory OEM so don't worry about permanent change. It's for the better bottom line.
Cool thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT