flowmaster outlaw vs roush questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey guys I've been searching the forums and I apologize for repeating the question but nobody had my exact setup. I have a 2012 5.0. Most bolt ons except for headers (yet). My car was hit while parked :'( and I will be replacing the exhaust . I love the sound of my roush with my off road h pipe but I don't like the rasp. Do you think switching to the outlaws will eliminate the rasp I have and get me that deep sound I'm looking for? Thanks! Just looking for opinions
RiceKillerGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceKillerGT View Post
Hey guys I've been searching the forums and I apologize for repeating the question but nobody had my exact setup. I have a 2012 5.0. Most bolt ons except for headers (yet). My car was hit while parked :'( and I will be replacing the exhaust . I love the sound of my roush with my off road h pipe but I don't like the rasp. Do you think switching to the outlaws will eliminate the rasp I have and get me that deep sound I'm looking for? Thanks! Just looking for opinions
I have Outlaws. Similar sound/style to the Roush in comparison to other mufflers, but I wouldn't call them deep toned either. Good bit of drone as well on the highway. People love the Borla S Types. Might be more what your looking for. Check YouTube out. Every muffler/pipe combo imaginable for the 5.0 is on there
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceKillerGT View Post
I have the flow master outlaws also. I love the way that **** sounds. Its a cat back system. I have a CIA and a Boss Mani and it changed the tone a little. There is a little drone around 2k but not too bad. I wouldnt say the system is really deep sounding but sounds pretty obnoxious when you floor it though. Ive gotten a lot of compliments and a lot of dirty looks from that exhaust.
Rickytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have your exact set up but I have the Outlaws paired with an off road x pipe and the sound is really different. I get thumbs ups all the time and with my bama hybrid tune and cai the car just breaths so much better and sounds fierce.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: New York
I have the outlaws as well. I swear i'm the only one who does not have a drone sound with mine. I run highway, city and rural back roads everyday and have not noticed a drone yet.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I have the outlaws as well. I swear i'm the only one who does not have a drone sound with mine. I run highway, city and rural back roads everyday and have not noticed a drone yet.
6th gear at 65 in mine with stock 3.31 gears. I've learned to drive around it though
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

6th gear at 65 in mine with stock 3.31 gears. I've learned to drive around it though
I have an auto 3:15 usually run 65-75 highway no drone
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT