What Octane do you use in your mustang? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mine regularly gets Conoco/Phillips, due to the 20 cent per gallon fuel discount I get when buying a carwash. (Best touchless wash in town)
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I run, and will always run 93 and up. Sometimes if I drive an hour east to go eat I'll head to sunoco to get some unleaded 100 octane for when I'm spraying
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Idk what kind of dealerships y'all go to, but I'm a car salesman, and if a car like at GT or anything it doesn't matter if its a TurboCharged Jetta, if it say 93 recommend then thats what we use. I dont see how thats something debatable
Pmac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmac21 View Post
Idk what kind of dealerships y'all go to, but I'm a car salesman, and if a car like at GT or anything it doesn't matter if its a TurboCharged Jetta, if it say 93 recommend then thats what we use. I dont see how thats something debatable
It's debatable because it says "Recommended" not "Required". Some cars require 93 (or highest available) octane. I know for my Dad's BMW, if you run 87 octane, something goes wrong with the engine, and it is found that you were running 87, the warranty is voided. Of course that is a "required" situation, not "recommended".
Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
93 is better all around except for price.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmac21 View Post
My dealership initially filled her with Eagle Stop (Conoco/Phillips) 93. Same station chain I regularly use.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
My Brembo runs better on 88 ethanol free than on 91 octane E10.....I wish I could find a station with Efree premium fuel near me.
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtmoto View Post
My Brembo runs better on 88 ethanol free than on 91 octane E10.....I wish I could find a station with Efree premium fuel near me.
We only have 1 Ethanol free station here in the city, it sucks that they're few and far between. I'm sure there are some E-Free places out in the sticks to get some from, lmao.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post

We only have 1 Ethanol free station here in the city, it sucks that they're few and far between. I'm sure there are some E-Free places out in the sticks to get some from, lmao.
http://pure-gas.org

I only use ethanol free 93 octane in all my cars and bikes. Ask the guys in TN I drove 30 min in the other direction just to get gas.

I also told the dealer that my fill up was going to be at my station and 93 octane e free.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
94 octane... 91 and higher should not contain any ethanol.
I agree, it should be real gas. But, no one asked me. It's all about the money. Lobbyists, politicians, big business in the ethanol refining industry. Forty percent of the corn grown in the US is brewed into tax payer subsidized corn liquor to be burned in fuel tanks. Some areas do not even require labels on the pumps to tell us what we are putting in our FUEL tanks. Nearly every food on the store shelves, every package of burger, steak was made containing corn and its products. We pay more for everything because of the criminals in DC making choices for THEIR bank accounts.
I go out of my way to NOT buy into another bogus federal game of wealth redistribution.
Plus, there is less energy in ethanol than real gas, mileage and power suffers with an equal amount. And it has been proven the corn liquor is no cleaner than burning dead dinosaurs. Ethanol absorbers water and junk and can separate within weeks in a tank. There is really nothing good about this corrupt system of ethanol we are forced to use in most of our gas, at least at 'We the People' end of the food/taxation chain....some are making a fortune in this game...don't get me started...too late
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
91 or 94...it doesn't seem to make a huge difference to me.
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The nearest ethanol free gas station is 64 miles away from here thats an hour and a half away
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
94 octane with two octane boosters !!!! More is better
Redlsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

I agree, it should be real gas. But, no one asked me. It's all about the money. Lobbyists, politicians, big business in the ethanol refining industry. Forty percent of the corn grown in the US is brewed into tax payer subsidized corn liquor to be burned in fuel tanks. Some areas do not even require labels on the pumps to tell us what we are putting in our FUEL tanks. Nearly every food on the store shelves, every package of burger, steak was made containing corn and its products. We pay more for everything because of the criminals in DC making choices for THEIR bank accounts.
I go out of my way to NOT buy into another bogus federal game of wealth redistribution.
Plus, there is less energy in ethanol than real gas, mileage and power suffers with an equal amount. And it has been proven the corn liquor is no cleaner than burning dead dinosaurs. Ethanol absorbers water and junk and can separate within weeks in a tank. There is really nothing good about this corrupt system of ethanol we are forced to use in most of our gas, at least at 'We the People' end of the food/taxation chain....some are making a fortune in this game...don't get me started...too late
1+. Our political system has gone to hell. In our capitalist society greed for wealth and power are out of control and we are headed in a scary direction. Our politicians have sold out the traditional American way of life and our children's futures for wealth and position. Income has been systematically taken away from the middle class hard working people. 95% of it is stolen, ripped away, taken (or as brainwashed people who don't think for themselves believe to be god's truth) is EARNED (seriously, lol) by the top 5% of the population. They in turn use it as an investment, buying political influence to back their investments and line their pockets, like ethanol distributors, mfg, farming, etc. It's obviously not in any nation's best interest to burn their own food, but we do it anyways, paying many, many times more than it actually costs to produce that 10% E after govt subsidies. Through politicians, "they" have all but completely wiped out labor unions, fair wages, benefit packages, etc, shifting the money used for those things upwards and into their pockets. While middle class workers income haven't seen any real increase in over a decade, income for top 5% has multiplied. "They" have become filthy rich selling out our retirement plans with bad investments, literally giving out loans they bet would fail and put real money bets (options) on it failing, using wars to approve ultra lucrative govt contracts for companies "they" own stock in. Crashed our financial system, some of "them" even got caught red handed laundering money for known terrorists. All that, and none of them go to jail, not ever. Not any of "them". Maybe a fine their corporation pays with chump change, someone forced to resign, slap on the wrist. Even when the companies go out of business, the top 5 have already made tens of millions.

We the people, kicked royalty off this continent for the same oppressive economics the king used against us during the 1700's. Ironically, many of "them" are now richer than the Prince of England.

That's only one side of the isle.

Of the remaining money available to be divided by the other 95% (you are reading this correctly), of the population 5%, wealth is again re-distibuted, this time in the other direction. Along with promise money, politicians change the law to BUY votes of the bottom 20%, aka the "others", by promising to GIVE them everything they need to survive, Although they pay no taxes and have 4 or 5 children, have part time or no work, get EBT money, cash assistance, WIC, etc. Free or very low cost housing, free cellular phones (Obama phones). $7,000 in income tax refunds, SSI money due to some bs disability, etc. Vote for me and i'll give you this, that and the other. Just wait until October, where Everyone will have to either buy a health ins policy or pay a fine $97 per adult and $27 each child. The tax will increase until it reaches just under $1700 per adult $300 for each child.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT