Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Anyone have the AFE non oiled filter?

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  SELENE 
#1 ·
I just bought a drop in non-oiled AFE filter for my 2012. I have already had to replace the stock paper filter twice due to it being so dusty where I live and they keep getting filthy, so I had to get a re-usable filter. I heard that the AFE was the best choice as far as aftermarket filters because its non oiled and still flows just as well as stock. Just wondering if any of you guys can attest to this also?

#9 ·
Hmm interesting. where did you get it from? There is so much construction going on in northern va that the dust and debris is insane here as well. I might look into this filter.

#13 ·
Mustang people must be a different breed. I don't know, I have never been disrespectful or rude to anyone out here in any of my posts, but it seems like most of what I try to contribute is a joke to others. I have been driving muscle cars for over 30 years. I've never been without at least one. I have seen some questions asked out here or comments made that should have been Auto 101, but I just let it go. I thought we were all here to help one another and enjoy our common interests together. I guess I should probably just enjoy and drive my Mustang, but leave interactions to the F-Body crowd.

#15 ·
I'm talking about the placebo effect. When you do a mod that may or may not do anything really, but you swear something is different. In my opinion, I think there was a difference. You can laugh, make a joke, or post funny pictures all you want but there's no point. Go buy the filter first and then come back and say I'm wrong.
+1 - I'm a noob. I know very little about cars, but I'm learning and I'm very excited about it. I HATE it when I ask a question or make a comment and people make fun of me. I admit I don't know much about cars and people still give me s***. I realized i had to grow a thick skin, which I'm still working on. :) Nice filter, by the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.