Good superchargers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Good superchargers?

Ok, I won't be doing this for a while, but I want to know what superchargers would be good for an auto 2013 GT. I've looked at the Ford Racing 525 HP, and the Roush 575 HP supercharger.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Depends on what kind of supercharger you want. The Ford Racing and Roush are both TVS superchargers. There's also twin screw and centrifugal superchargers. If you were to choose just between the two, I'd go with the one of the Roush superchargers. I believe the Ford Racing superchargers are just a more expensive, Ford Racing branded Roush supercharger kit.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What are the difference's between the supercharger types? Also, please don't one recommend one that has to stick out of the top of the hood. I don't like those on newer cars, 70's muscle cars is where I think those belong.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Search function
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Search function
Sorry OP but + 1
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Search function
Well I was hoping someone here would tell me, but I did some quick searching, I'll want a TVS Supercharger.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Well I was hoping someone here would tell me, but I did some quick searching, I'll want a TVS Supercharger.
Roush all the way my friend, you will be in good hands.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Here's a great article that can describe the difference between superchargers in better wording. As for the best one? That depends on what you plan on using your car for whether it be just a daily driver to enjoy, drag racing, etc.

Roots vs. Centrifugal vs. Screw Type Supercharging : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It would be a daily driver, drag strip once and a while, and 1/4 mile street drag race sometimes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Roush TVS is a great blower, one of the big reasons I decided to go direct with Roush. Its a great supercharger system, lasts a very long time, looks OEM, makes great HP and TQ and is a blast to drive.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Is the TVS good for a road track or would a centrifugal be better? I'm leaning towards the centrifugal or turbo BC I want to keep my manifold
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Is the TVS good for a road track or would a centrifugal be better? I'm leaning towards the centrifugal or turbo BC I want to keep my manifold
Centrifugal isn't ideal for a road track. Not to say people dont use it for that. The tvs is a better choice for that.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Define road track, I'm not gonna be actually racing competitively, just streets. once and a while, like if I see a Slowmaro. I think a TVS is probably as good though.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Turbo would be terrible for the road course, think of lag, spike, downshifting. Not a turbo thing. In all honesty, I prefer an N/A Boss on the track. With a great suspension setup I've been able to kill cars making 200 HP more than me, a blown Mustang isn't very fast or making much HP after about 5 minutes on a track however, I've talked to Justin Starkey over at VMP about his S/C system. He put one on his 12 Boss and swears by it but I'm still skeptical.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Turbo would be terrible for the road course, think of lag, spike, downshifting. Not a turbo thing. In all honesty, I prefer an N/A Boss on the track. With a great suspension setup I've been able to kill cars making 200 HP more than me, a blown Mustang isn't very fast or making much HP after about 5 minutes on a track however, I've talked to Justin Starkey over at VMP about his S/C system. He put one on his 12 Boss and swears by it but I'm still skeptical.
I'd love to get a Boss, but I've never driven a manual before, and there were none available in the area, also, a 6 speed sounds kinda tough to get use to at 1st
Old 09-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'd suggest getting a PD blower and using a VMP tune. Justin knows quite a bit on these blowers and can work a lot of magic into the automatics. I'll shoot you a pm.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

I'd love to get a Boss, but I've never driven a manual before, and there were none available in the area, also, a 6 speed sounds kinda tough to get use to at 1st
Lol It's on différent than a 5 or 4 or 3 speed. The hardest part for beginners is engaging the first gear from a stop or reversing, but honestly it's not that hard. I'd never driven standard when I bought my first standard mustang. Drove it home and stalled a whole bunch of times. By the third day I was doing just fine and now it's automatic to me. I don't think about anything. It was fun learning though. I miss being all nervous lol
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Is it sad that I'm 26 and I don't remember what I learned to drive stick on? I've been driving ATVs and tractors since I could walk. Every car I've ever bought other than my 08 Silverado Z71 has been a manual my boss is my third manual mustang
Old 09-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What all suspension have you done?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I like centris big power numbers and low price. Paxton vortech and procharger
Mustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang50 View Post
I like centris big power numbers and low price. Paxton vortech and procharger
Downside to a centri is tq sucks
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
indeed, that is why ill be going with the VMP tvs blower. Justin seems to no his stuff when it comes to the tunes with blown mustangs. Curious though, is there THAT big of a difference between the VMP tvs and the roush tvs besides the VMP being ported?
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
Mok
Registered Member
Regular

What about kenne bell?
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Mammoth kit FTW
Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What all suspension have you done?
Ground control/ Koni coilover kit, custom spec dampening and spring rate. Whiteline LCA's. I had a bunch of other parts (Whiteline watts link, DSS DS, METCO UCA, front Whiteline sway bar) sold everything but the coilover kit and LCA's since I'm taking the car to Germany and selling to a German buddy.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

But on a manual u get to the power band by just down shifting. Most of the time u race it is all above 5k
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ground control/ Koni coilover kit, custom spec dampening and spring rate. Whiteline LCA's. I had a bunch of other parts (Whiteline watts link, DSS DS, METCO UCA, front Whiteline sway bar) sold everything but the coilover kit and LCA's since I'm taking the car to Germany and selling to a German buddy.
Any of that still for sell?! Lol I have looked at the watts link. Does it plant the corners really well?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Any of that still for sell?! Lol I have looked at the watts link. Does it plant the corners really well?
Look into the rear end brace on clearance on AM right now. It works wonders

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Also, the ford racing supercharger is a twin screw... Not a roots blower like the tvs. Just to clear that up
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Look into the rear end brace on clearance on AM right now. It works wonders

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Also, the ford racing supercharger is a twin screw... Not a roots blower like the tvs. Just to clear that up
This http://www.americanmuscle.com/swarr-...rear-2005.html

Or this http://www.americanmuscle.com/hotchk...tors-0513.html
Old 09-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

The Swarr bar is what I'm talking about. And for the record anything from hotchkis is legit! I have their entire set-up on my lightning and it handles corners wayyy better than my mustang does. Even with 15s and Hoosiers in the back lol
Old 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I went with vmp,they did the install and justin did the dyno tune. They use 2 10" spal fans on the heat exchanger so even in traffic with the a/c on you will never run hot.
http://www.dropbox.com/s/1294cck2nfm...2014.29.32.jpg
http://www.dropbox.com/s/8sti2j6uelz...701_164523.jpg
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I'm jealous lol

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

The Swarr bar is what I'm talking about. And for the record anything from hotchkis is legit! I have their entire set-up on my lightning and it handles corners wayyy better than my mustang does. Even with 15s and Hoosiers in the back lol
Will the subframe connectors help that much in the turns? I might just pull the trigger on both of those
Old 09-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm jealous lol

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Will the subframe connectors help that much in the turns? I might just pull the trigger on both of those
I can't speak very much for the subframe connectors on the mustang but they help on my brick of a truck. I would assume they help but the Swarr bar is a good product and with the Swarr bar and a set of billet LCA's I don't even get wheel hop in wet weather. I have the ford racing adjustable suspension and with the shocks/struts, springs, and STB I think it's a pretty damn good ride. Like rails in the corners, but like I said lightning is better. But the lightning is 4 linked lol so that don't count.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

But on a manual u get to the power band by just down shifting. Most of the time u race it is all above 5k
Until you shift again. If you're racing and always above 5k rpms something's messed up.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Until you shift again. If you're racing and always above 5k rpms something's messed up.
Red line is 7500 so not really

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT