$10k for upgrades need advice - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

They fit but u might need a spacer because it might rub with the brake cooling ducts.
I didn't think of that. :/ are spacers safe? I have always wondered that. Am I better off getting a different rim with a different offset and backspacing
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

I didn't think of that. :/ are spacers safe? I have always wondered that. Am I better off getting a different rim with a different offset and backspacing
It is all about the cash u want to spend. If u have the extra greens then yea get a custom fitment of the forgestar and call it a day. But if u just don't feel like spending that extra $ and time for them to make it then just get the spacers with sve and u will be happy.
I wouldnt think about the rims for now and just go to the track a few times and see what u want to improve and feel the difference. I first when all stock and I felt like I had wayyy to much power for the car and just focus on brakes and suspension. Them u add the power with the tires/rims then u could do the cage with the seats and weight saving. And just take it step by step and it will be more fun than just doing it all at once, just my 0.02
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
There are ppl running 315s on the front. If I remember right 5.0 mag had an article on it. I'm not sure, but I think the lower control arms were changed.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
There are ppl running 315s on the front. If I remember right 5.0 mag had an article on it. I'm not sure, but I think the lower control arms were changed.
If I am correct you shouldn't run 315 up front for the road course, such a big front tire is more for autocross where there is less speed and sharper turns.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

It is all about the cash u want to spend. If u have the extra greens then yea get a custom fitment of the forgestar and call it a day. But if u just don't feel like spending that extra $ and time for them to make it then just get the spacers with sve and u will be happy.
I wouldnt think about the rims for now and just go to the track a few times and see what u want to improve and feel the difference. I first when all stock and I felt like I had wayyy to much power for the car and just focus on brakes and suspension. Them u add the power with the tires/rims then u could do the cage with the seats and weight saving. And just take it step by step and it will be more fun than just doing it all at once, just my 0.02
That probably would be a better way to do it and feel the changes and gain experience as well. Before I go all out
Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Let's say I have $10k just laying around to mod the boss with. What mods should I buy and why? Let me start by saying I am not looking to do any type of forced induction. I will be tracking the car on a road course. Looking mainly for suspension, bolt on upgrades, cooling, breaking etc
Yours looks good...send it to me so I can pay off debts and finish restoring my fox or get a roller.lol jk
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox View Post

Yours looks good...send it to me so I can pay off debts and finish restoring my fox or get a roller.lol jk
Thanks bro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT