Some goodies installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Some goodies installed

MRT Rear Window Louvers

Cervinis Tinted Rear Tail Lights

SHR Flush Mount Quarter Window Louvers (installed earlier this year).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 0019.JPG
Views:	616
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	128169   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 0020.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	128170  

Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

Region: Ohio
Looks good...thinking about that setup for mine.
Jaydog74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
That's freaking sweeeet !!!!! Thumb !
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Looks nice. What rims did you put on her?
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockesh View Post
Looks like roush.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Where's you get the Taillights?
Mustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
MRT Rear Window Louvers

1. Thank you for your service sir its greatly appreciated.

2. LOOKS SICK!!!! Love the whole setup bro especially those flush louvers
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydog74 View Post
Looks good...thinking about that setup for mine.
I, of course, like it. The extra couple of bucks is worth it to me for being able to prop it up to clean the rear window. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockesh View Post
Roush Hyperblack five spoke 20x9.5 with their Cooper RS3-S 275/35zr20. I'm thinking of getting a set of the RS3-A for Winter.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang50 View Post
Where's you get the Taillights?
Cervinis. Read the fine print. They have a $550 core deposit. I had to go around and around with them because they didn't include the shipping labels. You need two. Supposedly they have a back-log of 4-6 weeks. I got mine in just under 3 weeks.

I love the tail lights. Their customer service leaves something to be desired. Supposedly I dealt with their manager of customer service. It took two unanswered e-mails and 4 or 5 phone calls and being on hold for I don't know how long to get the shipping labels. IMHO, that guy has no conception of what customer service is. When I asked how to contact the owner, he wouldn't give me the info. I know that if a client wasn't satisfied, I'd want to know immediately.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cervinis. Read the fine print. They have a $550 core deposit. I had to go around and around with them because they didn't include the shipping labels. You need two. Supposedly they have a back-log of 4-6 weeks. I got mine in just under 3 weeks.

I love the tail lights. Their customer service leaves something to be desired. Supposedly I dealt with their manager of customer service. It took two unanswered e-mails and 4 or 5 phone calls and being on hold for I don't know how long to get the shipping labels. IMHO, that guy has no conception of what customer service is. When I asked how to contact the owner, he wouldn't give me the info. I know that if a client wasn't satisfied, I'd want to know immediately.
Thanks for the info man I found their site and was really thinking about ordering these lights but with seeing the trouble you encountered with the refund for your old lights, I'm skeptical....
Mustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
What kind of rear window louvers do u have?? They look flush to the car profile! I love em!!
nitrous2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
MRT Rear Window Louvers

I'm likin' that "Semper Fi"!!! I'm working on a USMC theme...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00047.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	128353   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00050.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	128354  

Name:	DSC00056.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	128355   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00055.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	128357  

Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
If i did a marine theme car i would go matte black with the gold anchor and eagle symbol on the hood gold strips on the sides and black windows front and all i would also put a gun armory in the back with some ar's and m1911s and mabye a grenade shift knob
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous2v View Post
What kind of rear window louvers do u have?? They look flush to the car profile! I love em!!
Silver Horse Racing. AM also carries them, but unpainted. Got them painted from shr and they match the paint on the car. Indeed, they are flush and you remove the quarter window glass. You don't really lose any visibility. You have to do a little trimming to the plastic trim inside but it's a pretty straight forward installed from what I hear from other guys on this forum. I had a shop install them because I was getting ready to have back surgery.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote:
It'd be great if you could find a faux gas cap with the USMC seal!!!

I posted too soon. I should've looked at the pictures first! How did you manage that?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I posted too soon. I should've looked at the pictures first! How did you manage that?
Pulled the cap, removed the "GT" center and used a Dremel to cut the hump out of the cap, leaving the mounting clips intact. Diamond clear coated the medallion and sealed it in the center.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pulled the cap, removed the "GT" center and used a Dremel to cut the hump out of the cap, leaving the mounting clips intact. Diamond clear coated the medallion and sealed it in the center.
Outstanding!!! Unfortunately I'm not artistically inclined. Your pony is really beautiful.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
here is my contribution of new parts

I added the raxiom projectors from AMERICAN MUSCLE, thanks guys at A.M. And put on a Trufiber carbon fiber grill too. The carbon looks amazing in person.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	headlights resized.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	128436  
BOSS intake, Steeda CAI, SCT livewire TS, A.R. long tubes & 3" X-pipe, Bassani axle back, AMR wheels, Steeda upper&lower control arms, Raxiom Black Projector/HALO headlights, Trufiber hood, CS/BOSS front & rear valence, BOSS splitter, Stainless Braided Clutch Line, TruCarbon CF Grille, MMD Black tail light trim & Trunk Emblem Surround, Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit. Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket, DSS 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft. 417 HP 373 lbsft at wheels and loving it.
BigBry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Looks good
Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBry0311 View Post
I added the raxiom projectors from AMERICAN MUSCLE, thanks guys at A.M. And put on a Trufiber carbon fiber grill too. The carbon looks amazing in person.
Kool!!! That front really sets your car apart from the rest of the herd. I was thinking about power gains next season. Maybe I'll do the front next. At my age, I question if I really need more power than the original Coyote gives me.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Kool!!! That front really sets your car apart from the rest of the herd. I was thinking about power gains next season. Maybe I'll do the front next. At my age, I question if I really need more power than the original Coyote gives me.
You could always have more power!!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

JAYMAN33 is RIGHT!

I agree with jayman33 and add more power. I have done a Steeda CAI, Boss intake manifold, A.R. LT headers and o/r X-pipe and Bassani axle-back. An SCT Livewire TS id handling tuning duties with a BAMA 93 octane race tune that is a little on the conservative side, but that's fine with me since my AFR is spot on, and I made 400 RWHP and almost 350 LB ft. The next mod is gonna be a throttle body, I just have to decide on the 85mm or the 90mm.
BOSS intake, Steeda CAI, SCT livewire TS, A.R. long tubes & 3" X-pipe, Bassani axle back, AMR wheels, Steeda upper&lower control arms, Raxiom Black Projector/HALO headlights, Trufiber hood, CS/BOSS front & rear valence, BOSS splitter, Stainless Braided Clutch Line, TruCarbon CF Grille, MMD Black tail light trim & Trunk Emblem Surround, Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit. Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket, DSS 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft. 417 HP 373 lbsft at wheels and loving it.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree with jayman33 and add more power. I have done a Steeda CAI, Boss intake manifold, A.R. LT headers and o/r X-pipe and Bassani axle-back. An SCT Livewire TS id handling tuning duties with a BAMA 93 octane race tune that is a little on the conservative side, but that's fine with me since my AFR is spot on, and I made 400 RWHP and almost 350 LB ft. The next mod is gonna be a throttle body, I just have to decide on the 85mm or the 90mm.
Go with MPT for ur tuning bro you will see a good 10hp gain over bama. And 90mm of gtfo hahaha
Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Charlie!!! I will look into that for sure.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks Charlie!!! I will look into that for sure.
No prob. I always had some issues with bama. Mainly surging problems and I had lean spikes. I had to do bunch of data logging and half the time it didnt even help. I tried out mpt and was not disappointed. You can also try AED, VMP, Lund Racing, and steeda.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

No prob. I always had some issues with bama. Mainly surging problems and I had lean spikes. I had to do bunch of data logging and half the time it didnt even help. I tried out mpt and was not disappointed. You can also try AED, VMP, Lund Racing, and steeda.
+1 for VMP tunes. Just got my car back yesterday after adding American racing lts and an off road h abd a jlt cai and holy ****. The speedo moves as fast as some cars tach. It's insane.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Silver Horse Racing. AM also carries them, but unpainted. Got them painted from shr and they match the paint on the car. Indeed, they are flush and you remove the quarter window glass. You don't really lose any visibility. You have to do a little trimming to the plastic trim inside but it's a pretty straight forward installed from what I hear from other guys on this forum. I had a shop install them because I was getting ready to have back surgery. ---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ---------- It'd be great if you could find a faux gas cap with the USMC seal!!! I posted too soon. I should've looked at the pictures first! How did you manage that?
I have a question for you. Those louvers are the vents closed off on the inside of the car or does it actually allow air to flow thru? I'm wanting to get them but don't want it to be cold in my car in the winter lol
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6 View Post
I have a question for you. Those louvers are the vents closed off on the inside of the car or does it actually allow air to flow thru? I'm wanting to get them but don't want it to be cold in my car in the winter lol

Name:	image-3209907008.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	130482
2013Coyote5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Coyote5.0 View Post
+1...they go over the glass...it's not just the louver replacing the rear glass window. It goes over the window
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT