Mustang Evolution Forum banner

ok ok, wtf is up with my car???

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  back n a stang 
#1 ·
Last year, 4:10 gears, tune, and drag radials best time of 12.2

This year, 4:10 gears, tune, panhard bar, LCA, Cold air intake, Cat deletes, Drag radials, 50 Shot of Nitrous, and yes 12.2 best time !!!!!!

Traction is off this year with the additive of the control arms and what not, and the car is so inconsistent with the tunes, and I can tell the car is all over the place..
My car should be 11s all day with all motor, and deep 11's with my 100 shot!

WHY WHY WHY???

#7 ·
Stick? Get rid of the DRs to the nearest auto guy. real slicks are needed with the MT for consistency.

Are you tuned for the shot? Basically any shot on a 5.0 needs a tune to run right. I wish this wasn't so but, it is. I'd love to small dry shot myself to 11.50-ish but don't want to run around on a jug tune all the time.

I'd say since you're making more mph, the problem is up front, with getting the power down and finding the sweet spot for launch rpm. DRs make this hard to do on a stick.

#8 ·
Sorry, my car is auto, and I have been doing this for years, and I can tell the car just doesnt seem to like the mods, I have a BAMA tune, and these guys have been very helpful, maybe I should data log?? I think it is my CAI, something tells me the JLT one isnt worth ****, but I could be wrong..

#9 ·
yeah, def run a log and figure out what your commanded and actual AFR is, plus your timing advance and MAF g/s, at the very least.

However, I still think your problem is up front on the track. The 60s got slightly worse but the mph is significantly higher. Hence, you're making power, just not putting it down. 1.9-anything is downright awful for a drag tire equipped car. Drag radials, in my experience, need a lot of heat to stick.

I'm guessing stock converter? Should still be better 60 than that, given the 4.10s.

#15 ·
I shift into 5th right as I'm crossing the line, went out tonight and made one run before rain and 1.9 sixty, then when the car shifted into 3rd it seemed like it redlined and took time to shift, then I crossed the line at 12.3 at 116
So the third gear hesitation was for sure 2 tenths

#18 ·
So all motor you ran 12.3, and with gas you ran 12.2 (got that number from 1st post)?

How bad are you spinning when you spray?

#21 ·
Still not working'!! Now when I am shifting into 5th at the end of the track it just won't shift, it bounces off the rev limiter, This happens for a good half a second!! This only happens with my nitrous tune, my race tune it does it from 2-3 shift , the car falls on it's face!! I am so frustrated with this tuner! Keep adding parts to the car, and most parts are bought from AM, but can't take advantage of them because the tunes are killing! Grrrrrrr

#22 · (Edited)
Your Tranny tune sounds like a lot of your problem. Not sure who you are talking to at AM but I would Start over on the Race tune and with emphasis on the TCM tune. Hope you get it fixed. I don't think putting a lot of heat in DR's is the problem. They will build to much pressure quick. A good little cleaning usually works. You are not spinning a lot from sounds of it. As for CAI the stock box with the coyote's is a true CAI, I had JLT and sold it. Dyno results can be argued on and on but track results have yet to prove a gain I know of. At what point you are spraying is important but with those shots and the tune for NOS you should be breaking 11's in that Auto for sure. JMO

Without a custom dyno tune for NOS I would be afraid to spray without. If you are comfortable spraying without custom tuned for NOS I would for sure be doing Datalogging everytime and holding my breath. Little risk as you know but do hope you get it straight and let us know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.