Help problem with TB - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Help problem with TB

I need help or ideas. Already email my tuner. I just installed a boss manifold and Accufab 84.5mm TB on my 2012 GT. Installed new tune for both. Idled fine, revved in neutral fine. Took it on the road light throttle fine. Gave it some gas throttle cuts out wrench light comes on throws code 2112 (throttle stuck closed). Anyone have this happen or know what is going on?!?! Is it the tune, is it the throttle body.

Thanks
Leo513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hmm...double check the connections on the TB. There could be something acting up between the tune and the TB..not real sure. It's strange that it'll rev in neutral but acts up on the road.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Your problem is the brand. I have seen nothing but bad ratings and reviews for this brand of TB's. Remember you get what you pay for. Return it and spend a few more dollars for a good brand like BBK or so on. Good luck
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo513 View Post
I need help or ideas. Already email my tuner. I just installed a boss manifold and Accufab 84.5mm TB on my 2012 GT. Installed new tune for both. Idled fine, revved in neutral fine. Took it on the road light throttle fine. Gave it some gas throttle cuts out wrench light comes on throws code 2112 (throttle stuck closed). Anyone have this happen or know what is going on?!?! Is it the tune, is it the throttle body.

Thanks
Did your TB come with the motor on the side, or did you have to swap the stock motor? Same question with the TPS? Did you adjust the TPS voltage properly?

At this point, it could be a defective TB, or your tune could be bad. Like was said before, I'd go back to my stock TB that I know works, and spend the money on a quality TB.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I Check all the connections. The TB comes with the motor installed. For the tps I don't know even know where it is or how to check it. More I read the more I think the TB is messed up I bought the Accufab thinking it was the better one to buy...
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought the Accufab thinking it was the better one to buy...
TPS is Throttle Position Sensor, which sounds like what's wrong with yours. It's an electronic part that isn't calibrated to your new TB. Could easily cause issues.

Sadly, with most parts for our Mustangs, cheaper is seldom better. See if you can return it, see what some of the fellas around here suggest, and do some research. I haven't upgraded my TB yet, but I'd look into Ford Racing or BBK to start with. I've seen the 62mm Ford Racing TB for the GT500 for a couple hundred dollars. I have to think that would be plenty of flow for most engines.

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
First make sure you installed the TPS correctly, i dont know how it is on ur car but on most fords its easy to put in on backwards and on some even flipped inside-out. If you have a tuner or code reader that can give u live data, you can see what voltage its at. I think 0 position should be like .4 volts. If you dont have a tuner you take take resistance readings. I think thats 4 ohms. U can google what the readings or volts are supposed to be or maybe someone will chime in with the correct answers. Also when you are measuring, slowly rotate the throttle, the readings should be smooth and not jump around or pause. Also u might see if the TB manufacturer recommends a certain TPS, like if they sell their own or something.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well took off the TB put the stock one back on problem solved... So time to send back the TB. Fun thing is I went with ACCUFAB cause I heard they were better than BBK.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well took off the TB put the stock one back on problem solved... So time to send back the TB. Fun thing is I went with ACCUFAB cause I heard they were better than BBK.
Honestly, the odds are there is nothing seriously wrong with the TB. It's just that the TPS wasn't calibrated for it.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's a very common issue with accufab tb's man. check the reviews before you buy another one.
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so where is the TPS and how do you adjust it? I'm still trying to figure out if its the TB that's bad or some kind of adjustment needs to be done on my side.

I thought the 84.5mm and 85.mm TB were plug and play mods...
Old 09-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The TPS will be on the opposite side of the TB from the throttle cable linkage.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The arrow in this picture is pointing to the throttle linkage, directly across is the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). To the right of that is the Idle Air Control which is the other electronic on the TB. Both can be put on wrong and mess things up, but in this case its ur TPS. Idk what the red wires are to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3693946518.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	128848  
Old 09-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2012 GT that looks like an old 5.0. Is the tps build into the new type of TB? I've tried to look up tps for 2011-2014 gt mustang no luck...
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have a 2012 GT that looks like an old 5.0. Is the tps build into the new type of TB? I've tried to look up tps for 2011-2014 gt mustang no luck...
Like the previous post said, the TPS is built into the TB. It has to be, to do it's job.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Got ya so is there anything on my side to try to fix the TB or should I just send it back to accufab?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok so where is the TPS and how do you adjust it? I'm still trying to figure out if its the TB that's bad or some kind of adjustment needs to be done on my side.

I thought the 84.5mm and 85.mm TB were plug and play mods...
No mod that increases fuel flow, airflow, or both, will be plug & play. That's why guys need tuners. If someone else wrote your tune, have them re-do it. If you did it yourself, get some help from a pro, and re-do it. Also, buy a Chilton manual for your car, since it will guide you through repairs. It's worth the money to know what you're doing.

Also, never attempt a mod without doing a LOT of research, not only of the part you want, but for the common issues guys run into. Google is your friend, and so is YouTube.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

+1

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

A good starting point in figuring this out is testing your tps and making sure its connected properly, then we'll go from there.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Hey thanks for the help but I need more. One how do you test your tps? I do have a tune written for the TB and manifold. I've google and you tube tps and I get nothing for a 2012 gt mustang. I would love to solve this without having to send back a TB. Im handy with a wrench and figuring things out but this is stumping me.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey thanks for the help but I need more. One how do you test your tps? I do have a tune written for the TB and manifold. I've google and you tube tps and I get nothing for a 2012 gt mustang. I would love to solve this without having to send back a TB. Im handy with a wrench and figuring things out but this is stumping me.
Took me all of 15 seconds to find this document from ACCUFAB. Did you read this? Did you do what it says? If not, try it.

http://www.accufabracing.com/tech/tps_adjusting.pdf
Old 09-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

There ya go buddy! Any more questions, were right here eager to help!

Nice find fader
Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Update

Sent TB back got a new one problem fixed. Car is running great throttle response is better. With the boss manifold and TB car feel a lot better at high RPMs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4197519452.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	130600  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT