Tunes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Tunes

I've had a 04 gt before with a aftermarket cold air intake, exhaust, and Throttle body. After installing the parts I bought a tuner and had it tuned with a bama tune. I noticed a difference with it. I was wondering if getting a tuner for my stock 2014 gt was going to be worth my money or not?? Any ideas
Pooner52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Itll void your warranty
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #3

Thats another thing I was worried about
Pooner52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #4

Region: Florida
I have a Diablosport Intune with a Bama tune. Don from Bama just did a few datalogs and revisions for me and it's really made a difference. I should have some numbers soon. The thing I like about the Intune is that it claims to not leave a fingerprint. Most people will argue that, but it was a selling point to me. If I need warranty work done, I can flash the stock file in less than 15 mins.
JasinEdward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Some say go for it because bama does make good tunes but I wouldnt do anything thatll void it until your warranty goes out. Id save that money for future mods for when it does and do a little suspension and appearance hear and there and a short throw. You never know personally i wouldnt chance it yet.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Here's some info for guys scared to lose their warranty it's called moss-magnuson act. Here's a quote from the act.
Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

Here's the website I found it on http://m.dummies.com/how-to/content/...ty-intact.html
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Pooner52, go to the thread called, steeda now offers tunes for life. Anyone that believes a tune doesn't leave a trace is a fool. Yes the law says a manufacture has to prove a tune caused the problem, but, when they do deny you, your only option is to hire a lawyer. Steeda will work on your behalf with Ford to resolve the issue.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I received the tunes for life when I purchased my bama through American muscle. It's worth buying through them just because of how quick they send you out the tune you need.
mgwarrior350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered one yesterday evening got it this morning.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom View Post
Here's some info for guys scared to lose their warranty it's called moss-magnuson act. Here's a quote from the act.
Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

Here's the website I found it on Keeping Your Mod's Warranty Intact - For Dummies
That act is almost 40 years old when changing parameters in a computer didn't exist. You can shout that act at a dealer all you want but in the end you'll lose.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasinEdward View Post
I have a Diablosport Intune with a Bama tune. Don from Bama just did a few datalogs and revisions for me and it's really made a difference. I should have some numbers soon. The thing I like about the Intune is that it claims to not leave a fingerprint. Most people will argue that, but it was a selling point to me. If I need warranty work done, I can flash the stock file in less than 15 mins.
I bought a Diablosport for the same reason.... Peace of mind! If/when warranty work comes, I hope that "no fingerprint" claim proves to be true.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I find you don't really need a tune for the newer gts. I have a Bama tuner for my 13 that I don't run. The most important mod you have to do on this car is change the shifter. The stock one is complete crap. My advice would be to get an Mgw short shifter and maybe some slight suspension upgrades and you'll be all set.
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #13

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Pooner52, go to the thread called, steeda now offers tunes for life. Anyone that believes a tune doesn't leave a trace is a fool. Yes the law says a manufacture has to prove a tune caused the problem, but, when they do deny you, your only option is to hire a lawyer. Steeda will work on your behalf with Ford to resolve the issue.
Being a programmer, I have to agree. But at the same time, if a company advertises their product does NOT leave a trace, it will be to your benefit. For example, if I was to have an issue that I know many others have had and is covered by the warranty, I can flash back to the stock file. IF the dealer tells me they know I had a tune on there, and refuse to warranty the work needed, I am then going to hold the manufacturer of the tuner liable for false advertising.

I have flashed back to stock when I needed warranty work on my v6 that was tuned for gears and an off road x pipe. I didn't have a problem. The dealer actually recommended a tuner to shut off the check engine light and accommodate my speedo for gears. All dealers are different though. Some may be more willing to work with you than others.
JasinEdward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooner52 View Post
I've had a 04 gt before with a aftermarket cold air intake, exhaust, and Throttle body. After installing the parts I bought a tuner and had it tuned with a bama tune. I noticed a difference with it. I was wondering if getting a tuner for my stock 2014 gt was going to be worth my money or not?? Any ideas
Yes, the 2011+ GT's pick up a ton of power from a custom tune. Ford left a lot on the table when building these monsters!

Since you've already ran a bama tune before, you understand the process of ordering a tune with us! You'll definitely notice large gains in power, torque, acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response, shift points (if auto) and so much more..

Hit up the Bama team if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT