Kicked in the teeth... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Kicked in the teeth...

Venting here...

On the freeway... Switched lanes to pass a semi. The second I was in the new lane i saw what looked like a box right in the middle of my lane... No where to go and couldn't swerve in the split second. Couldn't stop.

Jacked up my pristine Roush facia, lower billet grille, and splitter. The bulk of the damage was when the debris pushed in the center of the billet grill into the radiator... 2 spots dented but so far no leaks or cooling issues.

If I just replace the splitter and lower billet grille, I'm sure no one would see the cracks/scrapes in the lower part of the facia... No one but me every GD time I look at her.

Can't afford to replace the facia right now and a body shop couldn't do much other than respray.

Just pissed right now.

Hard to see from the pics... I'll lift the front this weekend and assess the full extent of damage.

Rant over. Carry on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3996198102.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	128688   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2435601121.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	128689  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4258081669.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	545.2 KB
ID:	128690  

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Damn truckers forget to strap their **** down sometimes. Sorry for the loss.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
Damn truckers forget to strap their **** down sometimes. Sorry for the loss.
Could have been anybody, not necessarily a trucker. Usually they're not hauling boxes out in the open. That sucks OP, I've almost lost it a few times dodging junk in the road.
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I know the feeling. Was on the highway a couple weeks ago and the car in front me nipped a soda can. It shoots up a couple feet and all I can do is hit it. Nice chip on the front fascia. Not as bad as yours though. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'll make ya feel a little better. not even 4 months after I already had my entire front end replace from rear ending some idiot who literally went from 40-0 in a split second, both headlights+ airbag bumper grills I was sitting at a red light when all of a sudden some 70 year old man ran a red light wasn't paying attention and hit me head on going 20mph.... I wanted to kill the old man for a moment then obviously cooled down! the car will be just fine, and honestly Doesn't look to bad!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Venting here...

On the freeway... Switched lanes to pass a semi. The second I was in the new lane i saw what looked like a box right in the middle of my lane... No where to go and couldn't swerve in the split second. Couldn't stop.

Jacked up my pristine Roush facia, lower billet grille, and splitter. The bulk of the damage was when the debris pushed in the center of the billet grill into the radiator... 2 spots dented but so far no leaks or cooling issues.

If I just replace the splitter and lower billet grille, I'm sure no one would see the cracks/scrapes in the lower part of the facia... No one but me every GD time I look at her.

Can't afford to replace the facia right now and a body shop couldn't do much other than respray.

Just pissed right now.

Hard to see from the pics... I'll lift the front this weekend and assess the full extent of damage.

Rant over. Carry on.
If the traffic wasn't heavy, did you stop and remove the object from the road. If the traffic was heavy, you didn't bother to call the DPS and advise them of a traffic hazard on the road?

Saving some other's Mustang from damage!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

At that point... It was dragging and when i pulled off, it It came off on the side of the road.... I didn't even bother looking at what it was... But it wasn't in the roadway. I was just pissed and seeing red.

This is one of those things that are "what if..."

I stayed 2 extra hours at work to help a colleague... Normally during rush hour, I wouldn't have taken the freeway. But it was clear at 7 pm. Also, I was asked to stop off at a friends to help them move something... Which is the only reason I went an extra exit north than i normally go.

Bad karma I guess.

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 09-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
nhcowboy,

Aw man! Sorry to hear about this! I know exactly how you feel, I had a similar experience myself a few years ago. The only different is there was a tracker trailer to my right and a median to my left and I just watched myself (felt like slow-mo) hit a dead raccoon in the middle of the highway. Needless to say, I was NOT pleased!

I'd like to help you out and get this beast back on the road though! I know she runs perfectly fine right now, but lets be real here... A beat up front end doesn't exactly motivate you to drive. Send me a PM when you want to pick up some replacement parts. I'll do my best to provide you the lowest possible price since you're purchasing the same parts twice.

Hope to hear from you!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
^ Good show Shane!!!

I had the same thing happen yesterday. Only it was not on the freeway. I saw the half crumpled box laying near the edge of the lane with plenty of room to go around. Just as i'm approaching, a gust of wind blew the darn thing right into my path. Nowhere to go. Just had to run it over. I dragged it under my car for a quarter mile before I could pull over and yank it from under my car.
Luckily, no visible damage...

I'm sorry that happened to you...

Its just one of the perils of driving our cars.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear OP, I would be just as mad if in your shoes. Seems like US 19 here by me is a dumping ground for every idiot who doesn't now how to strap his ***** down. Got a flat myself when I hit a nail side up piece of a wooden pallet.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Sorry to hear OP, I would be just as mad if in your shoes. Seems like US 19 here by me is a dumping ground for every idiot who doesn't now how to strap his ***** down. Got a flat myself when I hit a nail side up piece of a wooden pallet.
Good ole' US19...... One of the reasons I moved to Tampa! It would never fail that I would pick up a nail on a monthly basis. Its like a battle ground of damaged car body panels, trash, and shredded tires. And don't get me started on the morons that purposely try to hit you......

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post

Good ole' US19...... One of the reasons I moved to Tampa! It would never fail that I would pick up a nail on a monthly basis. Its like a battle ground of damaged car body panels, trash, and shredded tires. And don't get me started on the morons that purposely try to hit you......
I guess I've been lucky but I live on GA-400, and thankfully, I've only had a flat once.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks bro. That happened to my 3.7 but it was a milk crate ! I traded it like that but it wasn't nearly as clean as your 5.0. I know you will get her back up and running.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I had a similar thing happen about 2 weeks ago, driving back from school. I was cruising at about 70, and then I see a bent METAL bar in the road, there was a car in the other lane, so I was forced to hit it. I was lucky that it went and hit the undercarriage near the right wheel, and no damage, or paint scratches.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Bummer. Just be glad you weren't riding a motorcycle. That would have REALLY ruined your day!

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

nhcowboy,

You can expect a call from one of my best guys within the next 24 business hours. His name is Steve and he'll set you up a killer price!

I'm glad I could help get your Mustang back in shape. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
nhcowboy,

You can expect a call from one of my best guys within the next 24 business hours. His name is Steve and he'll set you up a killer price!

I'm glad I could help get your Mustang back in shape. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane
That's awesome. Good thing op bought from AM
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

+1000
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

This definitely shows that AM is by far the best place for mustang parts. Not only do they have everything you need, but the customer service is awesome! Great to see such amazing support for the Mustang Community!
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #20
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

I appreciate the kind words guys! I'm just trying to help ease the pain of the OP's "kicked in teeth."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
I don't believe he ordered them through AM actually. At least I'm not seeing the order in our system. No worries though.. that doesn't mean you shouldn't help a man when he's down!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I appreciate the kind words guys! I'm just trying to help ease the pain of the OP's "kicked in teeth."

I don't believe he ordered them through AM actually. At least I'm not seeing the order in our system. No worries though.. that doesn't mean you shouldn't help a man when he's down!

Shane
Lol well that's even better on your part honostly
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks. srry to hear it
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I appreciate the kind words guys! I'm just trying to help ease the pain of the OP's "kicked in teeth." I don't believe he ordered them through AM actually. At least I'm not seeing the order in our system. No worries though.. that doesn't mean you shouldn't help a man when he's down! Shane
Props to AM. They made getting the replacements easy and were very generous knowing I didn't buy these specific parts originally from them.

I'll have her back fixed by the weekend.

Thanks Shane and Justin.

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #24
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

My pleasure nhcowboy! Glad we could help you out. Also, I'd like to see some pictures of the fresh grille and splitter installed!

Shane

FYI - I just replied to your other PM.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Had this happen once with cinder blocks on the highway going about 75mph in my 94 stang. Really F-ed up my tires, and some other stuff, fortunately we caught the guy tightening down his load and the company paid for it Darn things blended in with the highway and you couldnt see them. There were about 20 cars lined up on the side of the road after it was all said and done. Looking back on it probably lucky no one got hurt. I remember hitting them and my brother hit the roof.....was laying down in the back with no seat belt on..... I still have nightmares when I see a truck carrying cinder blocks. Hope you get it all fixed up soon! Beautiful car!
Benzopyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Man that sucks! But it could've been a lot worse. Glad to hear your ok and she'll be back to 100% in no time. Props to AM and Shane for stepping up and helping out!
.DWC_SmOziLLa. is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT