Gt 500 mufflers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Gt 500 mufflers

Just ordered these babies. Thoughts on removing the resonators, and if I do so, will I need to adjust my bama tune?
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I've heard they pop too much if you remove the resonators. However, if that's what you're in to, then obviously go for it. They sound great by themselves. As to your tuner question, no, you wouldn't have to change anything.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Mike View Post
Just ordered these babies. Thoughts on removing the resonators, and if I do so, will I need to adjust my bama tune?
Great choice! You're going to love the GT500 Mufflers. They really sound awesome!

They'll sound even better if you delete the resonators, they definitely calm them down a bit! You won't need to adjust the Bama tune for your Mufflers or a Resonator delete.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Great choice! You're going to love the GT500 Mufflers. They really sound awesome!

They'll sound even better if you delete the resonators, they definitely calm them down a bit! You won't need to adjust the Bama tune for your Mufflers or a Resonator delete.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
Or keep the resonators and go o/r mid. Preferably an H. I'll buy one when AM starts carrying them
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a couple of questions about the GT500s too. I was lucky enough to grab these two off of craigslist for $60 total! The guy didnt post a pic, so I thought it was prob BS or some knock off. He texted me a pic and when I saw it, I couldn't get there fast enough. Grabbed them and brought them home. The GT now has the Magnaflow Cat-Back Competition Exhaust. I also have a Lethal Off Road X pipe ready to go on. It is a given I am adding the off road X. Do I leave the Magnaflow pipe on over the axle and make a new joint to fit on the GT500 mufflers, or do I go back with the stock pipes with the resonators after the ORXP and they would bolt right up the the axle back GT500s. This would put the resonators back on, BUT would give me the entire Magnaflow Competition Cat Back to sell as a full unit.
What would be the difference in sound with and without the resonators?

To American Muscle: What is the difference in these muffs that I have and the ones on the AM site? Here are pics of the ones I picked up:

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
You bought 2013-14 GT500 AB. You will have to change your diffuser to fit.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will have to change your diffuser to fit.
LOL....yeah, knew that before I bought them. I bought a CF dIffuser to match all the other CF on the car. I am still into this setup ( OEM GT500's with the carbon fiber rear diffuser for $550 total) significantly less than the kit sold for $850 so buying the carbon fiber was a little less painful.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Do you have pics of the cf diffuser
mgwarrior350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

can take some, it is all in the garage awaiting installation. Here is a stock photo of the exact one that I bought: I bought it for $450 on ebay
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
Or keep the resonators and go o/r mid. Preferably an H. I'll buy one when AM starts carrying them
I see what you did there !

I'll get this suggestion over to my Purchasing Department now and see if we can bring some O/R H-Pipe's in! You'll definitely pick up power with an O/R Mid-pipe and you won't with deleting the resonators.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT