Koni non adjustables - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Koni non adjustables

I apologize if this is a rethread but through a search I couldn't find the information I need.

I want the Koni non-adjustables but everywhere I look, they don't have my year (14 gt, track pack). Can I order the '10 Konis? What else would I need to make them work?
Crewchief15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm surprised nothing came up in your searches, but sometimes thread titles don't match their content very well. I'll admit, I too should be better at searching the forum than I am!

Anyways, you can use an 05-10 front strut assembly on a 11+ Mustang, if the strut mounts hare changed to the GT500 style. The front strut mounts are the only thing that needs to be changed. The rear shocks are the same for 05-14.

Assuming you're not slamming the car to the ground, you most likely want need adjustable strut mounts (aka caster camber plates). In case you are interested in CC plates, you need to make sure they're plates designed to fit with the 05-10 struts. The only kicker is you'll need the rubber bushing in between the strut & CC plate that's included with the GT500 strut mount. So essentially, you would still have to buy the GT500 mount strictly for the rubber bushing.

Let me know if there's anything I need to clarify. I know suspension mods like this can be confusing!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Thanks Shane! Also, for springs, I'm looking for about 1" front and 11/4" in rear. Do you have any suggestions? I'm more concerned with quality over price. I saw the FR shocks (P I think) but I feel like FR parts are overpriced.
Crewchief15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I'm surprised nothing came up in your searches, but sometimes thread titles don't match their content very well. I'll admit, I too should be better at searching the forum than I am!

Anyways, you can use an 05-10 front strut assembly on a 11+ Mustang, if the strut mounts hare changed to the GT500 style. The front strut mounts are the only thing that needs to be changed. The rear shocks are the same for 05-14.

Assuming you're not slamming the car to the ground, you most likely want need adjustable strut mounts (aka caster camber plates). In case you are interested in CC plates, you need to make sure they're plates designed to fit with the 05-10 struts. The only kicker is you'll need the rubber bushing in between the strut & CC plate that's included with the GT500 strut mount. So essentially, you would still have to buy the GT500 mount strictly for the rubber bushing.

Let me know if there's anything I need to clarify. I know suspension mods like this can be confusing!

Shane
Or just go with the 13+ Maximum motorsports cc plates. They come with an adapter so you are able to use either the 11+ struts, or the 05-10s. Thats the main reason i went with them. Just incase i need to replace a strut further down the line and i cant find anymore 05-10 models. I can use a 11+ style without having to buy new mounts. Plus they are a great quality product, and my alignment is spot on.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief15 View Post
Thanks Shane! Also, for springs, I'm looking for about 1" front and 11/4" in rear. Do you have any suggestions? I'm more concerned with quality over price. I saw the FR shocks (P I think) but I feel like FR parts are overpriced.
If you're positive that's the exact ride height you want, than look no farther than the Steeda Sport springs. Steeda is an industry leader in performance suspension. Plus, their Sport springs provide the exact ride height you're looking for.

Another great option would be the Eibach Pro springs, which provide a 1.0" drop in the front and 1.5" for the rear. Eibach and Steeda are both on the same plain of expertise and quality. I think you'll love either option!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Or just go with the 13+ Maximum motorsports cc plates. They come with an adapter so you are able to use either the 11+ struts, or the 05-10s. Thats the main reason i went with them. Just incase i need to replace a strut further down the line and i cant find anymore 05-10 models. I can use a 11+ style without having to buy new mounts. Plus they are a great quality product, and my alignment is spot on.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Maximum motorsports CC plates, although I can't say I've ever used a set. I didn't realize they came with adapter for both strut designs, either. That's a good thing to keep in mind for the future considering most CC plates do not.

Although, I wouldn't worry about not being able to find 05-10 struts in the future. Considering we have struts/shocks that will fit Mustang all the way to 1979! I can promise you we'll always have them in stock from here on out!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've heard a lot of good things about the Maximum motorsports CC plates, although I can't say I've ever used a set. I didn't realize they came with adapter for both strut designs, either. That's a good thing to keep in mind for the future considering most CC plates do not.

Although, I wouldn't worry about not being able to find 05-10 struts in the future. Considering we have struts/shocks that will fit Mustang all the way to 1979! I can promise you we'll always have them in stock from here on out!

Shane
Im really happy with mine. You can tell just by holding it that its a solid top quality part. A little pricey for just
a daily driver that will never see any circle track time, but i wanted something i could install and not have to worry about replacing for a long time. And yeah, the 11± model comes with a spacer allowing you to use either strut model. Pretty convenient.

Click image for larger version

Name:	guide-47028-28.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	129186

Click image for larger version

Name:	guide-47028-30.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	129187
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sent you a pm crewchief.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Sent you a pm crewchief.
Yea I was gonna say, Jayman will hook you up! He is hooking me up big time!
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Im really happy with mine. You can tell just by holding it that its a solid top quality part. A little pricey for just
a daily driver that will never see any circle track time, but i wanted something i could install and not have to worry about replacing for a long time. And yeah, the 11± model comes with a spacer allowing you to use either strut model. Pretty convenient.
Very convenient indeed! I think I'm gonna pull a set from inventory and install them on one of our GT's. Just so I'm more familiar with their fitment and adjust-ability. Thanks for the pics too!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Very convenient indeed! I think I'm gonna pull a set from inventory and install them on one of our GT's. Just so I'm more familiar with their fitment and adjust-ability. Thanks for the pics too!

Shane
No problem man!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT